Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The season ahead  (Read 26764 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 21:53:52 »

Cheers Ronnie.

I think it's safe to say that the Byrne fee is very much a pay off for the arrangement rather than Byrne. Also stops the whole tribunal route.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, July 11, 2013, 22:25:02 »

That's where the 60% of turnover rule is shit. Rich owners can get around it.

It would be better to 'tax' the teams who go over budget and give to the teams within budget.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:43:25 »

Ok so it seems that we now have a hotch potch of spurs loanees, a few experienced players who we are seemingly trying to shift to get off the payroll, our Captain likely to be sold to Blackpool and now no manager, and even more uncertainty than before.

I take back my excitement about the season about to start, I'm dreading it now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:45:19 »

Ok so it seems that we now have a hotch potch of spurs loanees, a few experienced players who we are seemingly trying to shift to get off the payroll, our Captain likely to be sold to Blackpool and now no manager, and even more uncertainty than before.

I take back my excitement about the season about to start, I'm dreading it now!

Perhaps, maybe, they might be considering finding a new manager?

Just a thought like!
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:59:32 »

My optimism for the season ahead rests almost entirely who the replacement for KMac is. The right manager, who picks the right players makes all the difference, regardless of finances, board room goings on ect
Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:03:04 »

My optimism for the season ahead rests almost entirely who the replacement for KMac is.

Indeed
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:05:10 »

Perhaps, maybe, they might be considering finding a new manager?

Just a thought like!

Clearly thats a very strong possibility, but having to do it 3 weeks before the season is pretty woeful timing. By now most teams will have some idea of what they are doing. At the moment, you can't be too optimistic that we do.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:23:06 »

Clearly thats a very strong possibility, but having to do it 3 weeks before the season is pretty woeful timing. By now most teams will have some idea of what they are doing. At the moment, you can't be too optimistic that we do.

It's one of the football cliches, about how important the pre-season is...sorting out the squad, working on pattern of play, getting fitness up etc. To the best of my knowledge, we've never lost a manager in pre-season before, so the new man/woman, won't have had full input here...it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if we start the season slowly.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:33:12 »

It's one of the football cliches, about how important the pre-season is...sorting out the squad, working on pattern of play, getting fitness up etc. To the best of my knowledge, we've never lost a manager in pre-season before, so the new man/woman, won't have had full input here...it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if we start the season slowly.

I think it would be a surprise if we didn't.

We really do seem to have gone out of our way this year to give the other 91 sides a bit of a boost.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:35:33 »

It's all a smokescreen and we'll have the league sewn up by Christmas.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:22:18 »

I think it would be a surprise if we didn't.

We really do seem to have gone out of our way this year to give the other 91 sides a bit of a boost.

You are forgetting Coventry's decline into farce that makes us look like a forward thinking example of a club right now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:25:27 »

You are forgetting Coventry's decline into farce that makes us look like a forward thinking example of a club right now.

But at least it answers the long standing question of where the people of Coventry are sent to when exiled.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 22:32:12 by Batch » Logged
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:53:43 »

Hoddle ? And we certainly started the following season slowly !
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:56:25 »

Play offs

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 22:17:59 »

But at least the long standing question of where the people of Coventry are sent to when exiled.

Clap

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: