Poll
Question: Are you going or know someone who is?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Summer concerts.  (Read 54973 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:15:42 »

On the one hand, it's a shame it hasn't been that well organised (publicised) given the future prospect may take a bit of a hit.  On the other hand, it has already earned about 6 times what we allegedly earned from a well organised Elton John or Bryan Adams concert.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:21:35 »

Some people are saying the lack of sales is down to who's on but I don't buy that. The reunion for example sold out 20,000 at the o2. There are plenty of people out there with shite music taste.

Only thing I can see is they are a bit pricey

They've dropped the prices.  There was a stall in town selling them and one outside Asda, I think there were others elsewhere in Swindon.  Not sure where that leaves people who've already bought tickets at the higher price.  My friends aren't happy and are going to try and get the difference back.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:27:01 »

There are plenty of examples of pricing being changed as demand fluctuates.  Holidays, airlines, cruises, etc.  Same goes for footie games as well, hence the whines that can usually be heard if matchday prices fall to low from those who have purchased a season ticket.

I have some sympathy, maybe they could offer a discount on the next one as a partial credit, but ultimately it's always a risk you take with anything in life.

Brings me on to people who whinge about holiday prices fluctuating and trying to get money back.  It's half the fun trying to judge the right time to purchase.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:10:50 »

Brings me on to people who whinge about holiday prices fluctuating and trying to get money back.  It's half the fun trying to judge the right time to purchase.

Thats it exactly....if you want to go you will pay the price when the tickets are launched, if you arent bothered either way then they are the people that the reduced tickets are aimed at.

Trying to get money back is fucking pathetic, I have been to many football/gigs/festivals that I paid full price for yet others paid half price...and visa versa....trying to claim the difference back is tight and pathetic in the extreme.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 15:37:05 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10551771.B_Witched_can_t_wait_to_play_Swindon_s_County_Ground/?ref=mmnsp

More news about concert. Bewitched excited about it seemingly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 17:15:28 »

Perhaps this mentality is an Irish thing? A bit like Robbie Keane when he moves clubs. I mean Swindon Town are the club they supported as little girls so why wouldn't they be excited?

Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:03:38 »

Have we/they sold any tickets for this? Heard last night they'd only sold a few hundred and were thinking about calling it off. Which may be bullshit and of course either way the club still get paid but it wouldn't augur well for future such events being an ongoing revenue stream
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:09:32 »

The price is a bit steep and the quality of acts is shite so its hardly surprising really.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:13:46 »

I read somewhere that 4500 tickets had been sold (last week). Someone from here has to go, maybe give us live feedback
Can I vote for fB to go?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 23:14:55 »

I read somewhere that 4500 tickets had been sold (last week). Someone from here has to go, maybe give us live feedback
Are the Jesus and Mary Chain playing then? Wish I'd known that, might have been tempted to go Smiley
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 08:44:59 »

Can I vote for fB to go?

I'm er... working. Probably.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 12:32:00 »

I'd also heard 4500 but this was for the 2 days in total

They have dropped prices to £25 each over the weekend, I'm sure by next weekend they are going to be pratically giving them away wanting people in the ground as it would be embarrasing to the promoters surely with the acts they have got.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 12:39:01 »

I'd also heard 4500 but this was for the 2 days in total

They have dropped prices to £25 each over the weekend, I'm sure by next weekend they are going to be pratically giving them away wanting people in the ground as it would be embarrasing to the promoters surely with the acts they have got.

Do the folks who paid full price get a partial refund?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 15:24:41 »

I bet they dont, the risk you take
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, July 18, 2013, 15:30:34 »

Shouldn't have thought so, bit like when they do special promos on tickets at the CG, season tickets holders don't get a refund - and I wouldn't expect one!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: