Poll
Question: Are you going or know someone who is?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Summer concerts.  (Read 54017 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:16:11 »

It has not been arranged at all well, my kids ordered the tickets the day they went on sale and still have not recieved them. We did this week though have an email stating that there is a delay in sending out the tickets due to some problem with the organizers of the event.

Poor service that so needed some pre planning in place before annoucng it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:22:49 »

It has not been arranged at all well, my kids ordered the tickets the day they went on sale and still have not recieved them. We did this week though have an email stating that there is a delay in sending out the tickets due to some problem with the organizers of the event.

Poor service that so needed some pre planning in place before annoucng it.

Given your reservations about this, are you at all worried that the pitch is going to be ruined...for me that's all that matters.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:27:10 »

I think as long as the pitch is protected there "shouldn't" be a problem but if suitable protection is not there then it could be a major "shot in own foot".

I wouldn't think that Marcus is very happy about it though with protection or not.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:35:33 »

I think as long as the pitch is protected there "shouldn't" be a problem but if suitable protection is not there then it could be a major "shot in own foot".

I wouldn't think that Marcus is very happy about it though with protection or not.

I'd have thought it inevitable that the pitch will be damaged....grass is quite a resilient plant, but it is still a living thing and needs looking after.

A great shame, because the pitch in the last few years, has been one of the few STFC related things that we can take a pride in.
DRS

« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:36:57 »

Something to moan about though isnt it  Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:46:50 »

This is league one, the ball can't spend more than two minutes on the turf for any match.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:50:56 »

I'd have thought it inevitable that the pitch will be damaged....grass is quite a resilient plant, but it is still a living thing and needs looking after.

A great shame, because the pitch in the last few years, has been one of the few STFC related things that we can take a pride in.
That question was asked on Wednesday, the stage itself is on SB I think and they guaranteed there would be no problems with the pitch and that they had pumped the same amount of money as has been spent on it in the past during this summer!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:51:03 »

Something to moan about though isnt it  Cheesy

I'd prefer to debate about it...maybe my concerns are unfounded.  I'd like to hear from Grubby or McPhlea, exactly what the plans are to protect the pitch and their thoughts on the efficacy of the proposals.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:51:37 »

Something to moan about though isnt it  Cheesy
Zzz Zzz
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 08:56:31 »

That question was asked on Wednesday, the stage itself is on SB I think and they guaranteed there would be no problems with the pitch and that they had pumped the same amount of money as has been spent on it in the past during this summer!!

The news that the current groundstaff and levels of investment were being retained was a positive when announced a while back...but that doesn't mean the pitch wont be affected if these gigs are not run properly.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 10:00:23 »

You can call Jed what you like, but I don't think he'd go to the bother of spending the money relaying the pitch if it was going to be irreperably damaged after the concerts.

It's probably not going to be as immaculate after the concert as we'd like, but I have faith in mr Cassidy to do his best to turn it back into the bowling green it was last season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 12:06:20 »

Apparently there is 'safety armour' for the pitch.

My only concern was how they're going to fit 6 concerts in over the course of the season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 12, 2013, 12:46:03 »

Some people are saying the lack of sales is down to who's on but I don't buy that. The reunion for example sold out 20,000 at the o2. There are plenty of people out there with shite music taste.

Only thing I can see is they are a bit pricey
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:51:23 »

Me and my friends have appalling music taste but none of us are going? Well unless my friend that works for Excalibur can get us in on a Freebee?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 20:33:46 »

Apparently there is 'safety armour' for the pitch.

My only concern was how they're going to fit 6 concerts in over the course of the season.

True...must go out and buy some earmuffs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: