Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Catering deal  (Read 12384 times)
kaufman

« on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:18:08 »

BBC Wiltshire ‏@BBCWiltshire 26s
@Official_STFC sign thirteen million pounds deal with The Lindley Group to provide catering at the County Ground for the next 10 years
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:22:48 »

So how does this work?

They pay us 13M? 1.3M/year.

Sounds a bit too good to be true so I've probably misunderstood, but then I know fuck-all about catering!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:28:03 »

Its thirteen million pounds of burgers....
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:28:19 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/lindleycateringdeal-860259.aspx
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:31:43 »

That guy looks like he likes catering.

How long until Chang comes on and announces his sources have told him we have signed a new player called Lindley - squad No. 10
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:32:16 »

That works out at over 100k/month.

Are they planning on selling caviar, truffles and champagne or something?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:32:44 »

That Lindley chap doesn't look very fit. Hope Kmac sticks him on a diet before the season starts.

It doesn't explain which way the 13mill is going either. Are we paying them to supply/run that side of the business? Them paying us for the 'rent' of the ground's facilities? I don't understand how football catering business works, I apologise.

Also, 15,728? When was that our capacity? I thought it was rated at about 14,400?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:37:41 »

Is this the end of the burger van. Oh god noooooooo. Noooooooo.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:38:09 »

That works out at over 100k/month.

Are they planning on selling caviar, truffles and champagne or something?
You've not bought chips at the County Ground recently have you? Mind you, come to that, neither have I. Although I have tried, repeatedly.

Sod the financials, what I want to know is if this deal means I have any chance of being able to buy chips at half-time without missing the end of the first half or the start of the second half. And as it's the same lot that have been consistently running out of chips in the first 5 mins of half time for the past few years (but not telling anyone until you finally get to the front of the queue), I doubt it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:39:12 »

You've not bought chips at the County Ground recently have you? Mind you, come to that, neither have I. Although I have tried, repeatedly.

Sod the financials, what I want to know is if this deal means I have any chance of being able to buy chips at half-time without missing the end of the first half or the start of the second half. And as it's the same lot that have been consistently running out of chips in the first 5 mins of half time for the past few years (but not telling anyone until you finally get to the front of the queue), I doubt it.

Another nail in Jed's coffin - the chipgate scandal.  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:41:39 »

Another nail in Jed's coffin - the chipgate scandal.  Cheesy
To be fair, IIRC it was Nick Watkins who brought this lot in, Jed and Co have just renewed the contract. Just annoys me that in this instance, I actively want to be ripped off and go out of my way to do so and they still can't manage it (the caterers, not Jed, NW, the club or anyone else)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:52:50 »

To be fair, IIRC it was Nick Watkins who brought this lot in, Jed and Co have just renewed the contract. Just annoys me that in this instance, I actively want to be ripped off and go out of my way to do so and they still can't manage it (the caterers, not Jed, NW, the club or anyone else)

As someone who never buys stuff at half time (I bring in sweets or a sandwich or something because fuck waiting in the queue, or eat in the Legends Lounge beforehand), how often do they actually run out of stuff?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 11:57:20 »

As someone who never buys stuff at half time (I bring in sweets or a sandwich or something because fuck waiting in the queue, or eat in the Legends Lounge beforehand), how often do they actually run out of stuff?
Chips - every time I tried last season. And the season before that.

And before anyone starts, it's for the kids, not me. And yes I do feed them before we go, but they like having chips at half time as a treat. So bog off.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:01:36 »

Someone's got a chip on their shoulder.

Or should that be no chip?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:02:28 »

Someone's got a chip on their shoulder.