Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Catering deal  (Read 12374 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:13:44 »

when did Neil Ruddock move into catering? looks like he's been on a diet.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:14:36 »

I never used to bother to get anything at half time in the DRS, it was bad enough having to queue to get out of the stand at the end of a match, let alone doing it at half time.  Roll Eyes
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:24:05 »

This isn't the food available on the concourse is it? I thought it was just the hospitality food?

Have to say i've been in there a few times over the last couple of years and think the food leaves a lot to be desired. I think they could do so much better but its normally always full in there so guess the people paying are happy with it

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:27:24 »

This isn't the food available on the concourse is it? I thought it was just the hospitality food?
Up until now they've been doing "public matchday catering" (i.e. I assume the concourse food) but will now be doing all matchday food. So I think they have just been doing the concourse food and now they're going to be doing the hospitality food as well. And:

"provide all conference, banqueting, hospitality and retail services on matchdays and at events, as well as managing sales and marketing for non matchday events through to the 2022-23 season"
So the whole shooting match, pretty much.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:32:52 »

Could they knock some windows through from the mysterious second concourse in the DRS and turn it into a nice 5-star restaurant with a view of the (?)poplars and the magic roundabout beyond? The business community of SN1 would be fighting for a seat 5 days a week, day and night. We might even have to reduce the noise on match nights so we don't disturb them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:45:30 »

Ten years does sound like a very long period over which to be awarding a contract.  Aside from anything else, does anyone really know what the club is going to look like in 2023, or even where we are going to be playing?  How many people will be attending games then?  Anything from 4,000 to 20,000 would be my guess.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:48:34 »

That's a raskal waistcoat.  Doug Mountjoy-esque.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:50:09 »

Ten years does sound like a very long period over which to be awarding a contract.  Aside from anything else, does anyone really know what the club is going to look like in 2023, or even where we are going to be playing?  How many people will be attending games then?  Anything from 4,000 to 20,000 would be my guess.

Perhaps this could be why the figures appear unrealistic? It could be that the catering company is speculating on greater attendances and use of facilities in the future? (plus inflation)
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 12:53:27 »

13 mill sounds great -- but will 1.3 mill a year seem good business in 2020?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 13:02:23 »

Is this the end of the burger van. Oh god noooooooo. Noooooooo.

This is a crucial issue that we need to know.

Couldnt give a shit what gets served inside the ground, those vans are decent.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 13:38:58 »

13 mill sounds great -- but will 1.3 mill a year seem good business in 2020?
Probably not. Seems to be a classic case of mortgaging future revenue streams for cash up front which may look like very poor value if we do get to redevelop the CG. But as we may not, can see the sense in going for the cashflow now. At least it's just the catering, not the season tickets, like Ridsdale did at Cardiff and pretty much everyone seems to have done at Portsmouth
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 13:41:14 »

At least it's just the catering, not the season tickets

afawk

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 13:52:25 »

afawk
True dat. Although I was referring specifically to this deal, but then this deal is larger than just the catering, it's also all the sales and marketing for non-matchday events for the next 10 years too. Does this mean they charge back a fee for that? Or do they get all the profits from any/all non-matchday events too? If it's the latter, we've just sold off a huge chunk of our non-football revenue streams for the next decade. Which may well be a shrewd bit of business or could severely hamper the scope for a future board to profit from a redevelopment. May well be a lot of devil in them details
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:02:05 »

From memory I think I have bought 1 hot drink in all the matches I've been to the county ground, and that was a midweek match against Port Vale and it was purely to heat my hands up!

The number of people who nip off to get their food 5 minutes before or back 5 minutes after half time that people have to let back into their seats which has a ripple effect of not being able to see the game for a while until they can squeeze past gets on my mammories.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:06:57 »

Andy Warren ‏@AndyWarren_  1m 
A bit if clarity on the catering deal...the £13mill is how much the deal is worth in revenue for Lindley.

For Town, £200,000 a year in guaranteed profit, as well as £200,000 savings on current costs. Adds up to £4million profit over 10 years.

Sounds like good business to me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: