Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thorpe and Cureton  (Read 2844 times)
DMR

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:34:05 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Dunno, I'd like to see Nicolau get a chance, liked the look of him when he came on.  I do think we should try to find room for Robbo though, when he dropped into the 'hole' for the last 15 minutes he looked dangerous.

spot on
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:48:43 »

I'd stick Cureton alongside Fallon, I feel they will compliment each other well and Cureton showed some nice touches tonight, the lack of an end product wasn't entirely his fault - nobody made themselves available and we had no width either. Fallon will be proper fucking fired up.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:50:51 »

Indeed, Rory should see this as his big chance to have an impact at Swindon, hope he takes it.  I think he will.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:51:25 »

I can see us being extremely dissapointed with Fallon.
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:52:26 »

i've been extremely dissapointed with the other two

do your worst rory
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:52:53 »

Quote from: "Tails"

We're all used to that by now!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 11, 2005, 10:44:37 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "Tails"

We're all used to that by now!

Bristol City goal....  Puts him down for legendary status with me no matter what he does!  Without that moment of magic we never looked like scoring.  I also think a starting berth for him is fully up for grabs so expect/sincerely hope he's gonna go balls out for it!  He's our top scorer pre-season and has shown us he's got the ability - Luton away 03/04....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 11, 2005, 10:47:08 »

Roberts deserves another start after tuesdays games....either on the right or up front

I think we would be stupid not to start Fallon...fuck it drop both midgets....Fallon and Roberts
McLovin

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 11, 2005, 10:48:32 »

please stop referring to the City goal.  It was a complete one-off, never to be repeated.  That, in my book, doesn't make him a good player.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 11, 2005, 10:50:42 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
please stop referring to the City goal.  It was a complete one-off, never to be repeated.  That, in my book, doesn't make him a good player.

No but it makes it an orgasmic moment which I will be eternally thankful for - not a reason for starting him I agree.

Reason for starting him - he's the only real targetman in the team, although in fairness Roberts' won more than his fair share of headers on Tuesday.  Whilst I don't advocate the long ball, it's a tactic we ultimately resort to if ateam defends doggedly, as in this division it can sometimes be difficult/impossible to play sexy short-passing football.
McLovin

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 11, 2005, 10:55:09 »

See, i want Fallon to play, but when he does, it inevitably leads to more long balls.  I don't think Fallon is great at being a target man.  Now, nodding in crosses at the end of a well worked move... he can do that (probably).  This is the way forward in my book.  Width and crosses. Cureton/Thorpe picking up the pieces from knock downs/rebounds etc.  Sexy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: