Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thorpe and Cureton  (Read 2845 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:04:29 »

Worked hard when we were 3-0 down, they are beginning to look decent I think but we do need Fallon back for his height.

Anyone agree/disagree?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:06:45 »

I think they will be ok, but we must play it on the floor.

So obvious but too many long balls for most of the match to probably some of the smallest strikers in the league.

Don't mind decent long balls when Fallon's playing so he can head down etc.
Turbo

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:09:00 »

Hopefully against Forest, we wont need more height as we willl be playing it on the ground more.  But have Fallon on the bench just incase we decide not to do it  :roll:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:45:03 »

i think we should drop thorpe for fallon.

cureton looks brighter than thorpe... i wasn't too impressed really by both..but i would prefer cureton.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:45:47 »

They got their foot in though! They were fighting for everything at the end.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:46:51 »

yeh, everyone was though at the end...just saying fallon and cureton for saturday in my opinion. Thorpe could be good, but i think we must try fallon.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:48:40 »

I'd say Fallon and Thorpe. But if we did bring Fallon we'd just be lumping the ball up to him instead, at least we were beginning to play on the ground.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:49:33 »

I'd go for Thorpe and Fallon, getting the goal may give him a bit of confidence. If I was Roberts I'd be asking the question about playing Centre forward though, although prone to errors he looked up for it tonight and took his goal well.
Turbo

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:51:11 »

But he was one of the only ones trying to give it to the forwards on the ground for the whole game!
Nils

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:52:46 »

I would go for all 3 with Fallon using his height to head it down to the other 2.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 21:58:15 »

I personally wouldn't like to see Roberts up front, he's better for the team playing deeper, but he wants to play centre forward and he must be thinking he's done his chances some good tonight.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:15:56 »

Quote from: "Johno"
yeh, everyone was though at the end...just saying fallon and cureton for saturday in my opinion. Thorpe could be good, but i think we must try fallon.

I'm with you mate, if we can get the ball down and go at teams, getting players down the flanks supplying decent crosses for Fallon to attack should net results - pardon the pun.
DMR

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:18:19 »

i'd drop em both and play roberts (the only one who deserves his place) and fallon
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:30:27 »

I'd play Fallon and Cureton against Forest. If cureton dosnt produce anything, bring on thorpe.

Start roberts on the left wing, he dangerous when cutting in.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 22:33:10 »

Dunno, I'd like to see Nicolau get a chance, liked the look of him when he came on.  I do think we should try to find room for Robbo though, when he dropped into the 'hole' for the last 15 minutes he looked dangerous.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: