Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town agree permanent Byrne switch  (Read 8089 times)
News Monkey

« on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 06:00:04 »

Town agree permanent Byrne switch

SWINDON Town have agreed in principle a deal which would bring Nathan Byrne to the County Ground on a permanent deal this summer.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/10381176.Town_agree_permanent_Byrne_switch/?ref=rss

wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 07:52:12 »

KMac on the radio saying he didn't know about this. Not good for clubs to buy players withouthtelling the manager.

The poor communication seems to be internal as well.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:14:23 »

KMac on the radio saying he didn't know about this. Not good for clubs to buy players withouthtelling the manager.

The poor communication seems to be internal as well.
I heard that as well, although he did say he was not getting involved in transfers whilst there was still games to play.  I am sure he would have had some input anyway, and I don't think a previous manager had much dealings with transfers either, identify them yes but leave the wheeling and dealing to people who are paid to do just that.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:20:32 »

Did he actually say he wasn't aware of anything or was he just passing the buck because he didn't want to talk about it? There's a couple of quotes attributed to him in the adver piece at the very least.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:22:15 »

Still seems an odd answer from MacDonald.

I can see that he would identlify targets and then leave it to the board - no problem. But if you are the board member working on this and you get an agreement, how hard is it to send a text to the manager confirming it in order to stop your manager sounding a bit embarrassed on the radio.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:24:03 »

Only you lot could put a negative spin on this. Fantastic signing, well done the board/Kmac.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:32:07 »

Only you lot could put a negative spin on this. Fantastic signing, well done the board/Kmac.

That's the second thing I thought when I saw the headline. Firstly, surprise and pleased to see we are signing good young players on long contracts, secondly I thought, god the fans will immediately look to the negatives and say 'must be losing Thompson then'.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:34:51 »

That's the second thing I thought when I saw the headline. Firstly, surprise and pleased to see we are signing good young players on long contracts, secondly I thought, god the fans will immediately look to the negatives and say 'must be losing Thompson then'.

A definate indication as to whether someone is a glass half empty or half full person
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:38:40 »

Spot on Jayo.

Bet we get called happy clappers now.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:41:56 »

Fitton isn't back is he? Who is picking the team?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:46:25 »

Kmac did say it was great news or fantastic news, something like that.

I'd like to work on the theory he has said to Jed that he wanted to keep the players at some point, and that Jed is trying to do just that.

The only negative I can see is that we don't know which league we will be in and that Byrne isn't of championship quality IMHO. But he's been bought as a low cost player we can hopefully develop so I'm not sure it's a negative just yet!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 08:46:46 »

I'd say there's an element of ambiguity here...MacDonald's reaction could be because he doesn't want to talk deals until, scarf over head time, or it could be he doesn't know what is going on as the deal has been sorted by Power and Sherwood.

McCrory/Power may have sought the deal, because Thompson is on his way...could Spurs be possible...or because they want some good news to keep the   Clap on board, whilst deflecting concern about off-field matters.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 09:00:20 »

Somebody kick Reg. The harder the better.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 09:17:23 »

You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round.

Some people can put a negative spin on anything.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 10:09:11 »

MacDonald said he scouted the Spurs lads for weeks before they came on loan didn't he? One would assume there has been discussion between him and the board about the three of them then, be it bringing them in on loan or permanently.

This is hardly Abramovich buying Schevchenko/Torres over his manager's head or anything.

Thompson and Byrne at RB/LB next season is an enticing prospect.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: