Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town agree permanent Byrne switch  (Read 8085 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 10:36:54 »

If it wasn't an issue then why would Kmac even speak about not knowing?
Fuck all to do with being negative or spinning it.
People within football say what they want people to hear. Nothing more
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 11:00:54 »

If it wasn't an issue then why would Kmac even speak about not knowing?
Fuck all to do with being negative or spinning it.
People within football say what they want people to hear. Nothing more

I haven't heard the interview so no idea what was said. I'd assume KMac was simply answering a question posed to him. The deal isn't done so he doesn't want to speak about it maybe? Hence:

When asked by the Advertiser about the suggestions Byrne could be on his way to Wiltshire, manager Kevin MacDonald said: “I can’t comment on the talk of Nathan Byrne coming here.

“It would be great because he’s done very, very well here, he’s a good footballer and he’s only going to improve.”

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 11:06:35 »

I haven't heard the interview so no idea what was said. I'd assume KMac was simply answering a question posed to him. The deal isn't done so he doesn't want to speak about it maybe? Hence:

When asked by the Advertiser about the suggestions Byrne could be on his way to Wiltshire, manager Kevin MacDonald said: “I can’t comment on the talk of Nathan Byrne coming here.

“It would be great because he’s done very, very well here, he’s a good footballer and he’s only going to improve.”

No need to positive spin it.  Wink
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 11:14:31 »

No need to positive spin it.  Wink

Fuck all to do with being positive or spinning it. :-)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 11:23:44 »

Good grief, some of the people on here could have an argument in an empty room.

My initial comment was only about communication by the board. With KMac appearing to not be completely in the loop we look a bit amateur.

One of my jobs in the past involved making sure that everybody in the organisation who might have contact with the media were briefed on breaking news, so there was no possibility of one part of the organisation contradicting or embarassing the other. Wouldn't it have been great this morning if the reaction had been "It's really good news, I asked the board to sign him and I am thrilled that they have been able to tie this talented young player down.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 12:38:16 »

Great singing, a lot of potential.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 13:01:20 »

Even if Thompson signs a new contract he has shown himself to be somewhat injury prone, so it makes sense to have a decent back up.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 13:11:12 »

You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round.

Some people can put a negative spin on anything.

TANS! He's playing your song.

It's All Good..............
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 13:13:58 »

Not sure what KMac said, but what exactly is the problem?

It's obviously a player he wants and has asked Jed to sign permanently, looks like Jed has lined up a deal. Don't see any reason especially at this point in the season for KMac to get involved with any potential deals. Besides, it seems to be the way a lot of (especially bigger) clubs handle transfers, manager gives the chairman a list and lets him get on with it.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 13:17:04 »

be good not to have Alan Mccormack as only back up for injured full backs of which we have had more than our fair share this season. Not only he is a bit of a liability there but also (assuming he stays) his ability to get stuck in in midfield has really helped in last few games. Any long ball outfits out there a la Donny and Sheff Utd will fancy playing us though with Byrne and Nathan T to target at free kicks and corners

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 16:29:25 »

His defensive ability remains to be seen - ripped to shreds at Doncaster and Sheffield United and at fault for Franchise' second goal against us.

Very good on the ball though unlike our other full backs. Others have mentioned in the past that he is worth a go on the wing I would have to agree.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 16:30:27 »

How has that been turned into we're signing players behind the managers back?

Fuck off you lot.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 16:37:27 »

If you read the first few posts of this thread, people are clearly on about Kmacs comments on the radio, not his comments to the Adver.

That said, I highly doubt Jed would be signing a player behind is back so don't see any issue here. Should just be glad that we already have a deal in place to sign someone, rather than sell someone.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 16:38:24 »

If you read the first few posts of this thread, people are clearly on about Kmacs comments on the radio, not his comments to the Adver.

That said, I highly doubt Jed would be signing a player behind is back so don't see any issue here. Should just be glad that we already have a deal in place to sign someone, rather than sell someone.
What are your sources saying, Doctor?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 26, 2013, 16:41:46 »

What are your sources saying, Doctor?
Very little at the moment I'm afraid, Sonic.

I'm not one to make stuff up so will have to hold fire for the time being.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: