Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199811 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1005 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:14:23 »

£1.8M if they sell out.

Yeah I've just realised that.

£2m of additional revenue streams forecast for all of the new things the board is introducing.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:22:28 »

Apparently the club is now on a level footing.  I wish that question would have been worded differently.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1007 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:24:52 »

Apparently the club is now on a level footing.  I wish that question would have been worded differently.

I'm going tomorrow and it was something I was going to ask but in a different way.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:29:14 »

oops, sounds like a bit of an own goal already.  Earlier in the live business plan on the adver site it mentioned about the presentation of £5k from the supporters club and SAS travel to be used to revamp the legends lounge.  First question from Roger Bunce:

Q (Roger Bunce): I'm really disappointed that the money has been spent to do up this room (the Legends Lounge) and there may be problems when you get to the first game of the season.

A: Comments are obviously going to be taken on board. I'm not trying to alienate the fanbase but I'm trying to make sure the revenue lines cover the cost of the football. Let me have a look at it because if there are other alternatives then we will look at them. I have had to make decisions without talking to everybody involved. We are open to changing decisions if it is right for the business.

Murrall: "We've got an obligation to Lindleys to create more corporate facilities".

Q: Might you look at taking sponsorship for the Legends Lounge?

A: I didn't realise the debate that would be generated through this.

Actually, scrap that, the £5k wasn't being used for that....  My bad!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:34:47 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1009 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:32:34 »

I don't think the £5k was for the legends lounge. Wasn't it done up ages ago (when the name changed)?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:33:07 »

Sangita Shah is now being introduced to the audience. She says: "I feel priviliged to be here. I'm here purely through passion, belief in Jed and I believe this is a really good opportunity to bring corporate oversight and community sustainability to the club.

"I can't influence things on the pitch but I can certainly influence things off the pitch to make sure that you don't have to worry about what's going on in the board room."
I wonder if she's been added to the board as a favour in order to lend Jed some much needed credibility
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:34:00 »

I don't think the £5k was for the legends lounge. Wasn't it done up ages ago (when the name changed)?

Yeah, just retracted my statement.... Cheesy

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1012 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:34:05 »

I don't think Jed exists, I don't believe in Jed.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:40:24 »

The Legends Lounge paint job and photos a few years ago was funded by the Supporters club I think, so I guess a few of them are in attendance and less than pleased that their work is partly being removed for the prawn sandwich brigade.  They'll get over it.  Even a half sized legends lounge can be a decent enough sized bar for a football ground.  Plenty of opportunities in the concourses to expand the offering there anyway, and that gets people up close to the food, where the cash is raked in.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:44:41 »

Come to end of questions.  So, after hearing about up to £2m of revenue generation, new appointments to the Board of Directors, fundamental changes in ticketing, a programme of community involvement and information on recent cost cutting efforts, the only thing our supporter attendance could muster would appear to be disgruntled reactions to losing a few square ft and pictures from an oversized bar with quite frankly too much seating anyway.  Get em standing, they drink more.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 20:10:22 by RobertT » Logged
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:54:47 »

Come to end of questions.  So, after hearing about up to £2m of revenue generation, new appointments to the Board of Directors, fundamental changes in ticketing, a programme of community involvement and information on recent cost cutting efforts, the only thing our supporter attendance could muster would appear to be disgruntled reactions to losing a few square and pictures from an oversized bar with quite frankly too much seating anyway.  Get em standing, they drink more.

This was presentation to local business. Supporters presentation is tomorrow evening. I believe Roger Bunce was there tonight because it was more convenient for him.
Flashheart

« Reply #1016 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:55:02 »

People have been bitching and moaning for weeks/months about wanting answers and rightly so. Yet when the opportunity comes to ask questions directly, the questions put forward are about the legends lounge.

The presentation sounded interesting but the question session sounded a bit of a wasted opportunity. I do hope there will be more probing questions tomorrow regarding the board's plans for the future and what not
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:58:07 »

This was presentation to local business. Supporters presentation is tomorrow evening. I believe Roger Bunce was there tonight because it was more convenient for him.

All the more reason why questions about important stuff should have been expected given the audience.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 19:59:37 »

I'm sure the great unwashed will manage to find somewhere else to stand uncomfortably whilst surrounded by B.O. drenched replica shirts and drink overpriced lager.

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 20:01:01 »

I can imagine the Q&A tomorrow night descending into a bit of a farce. Were the Trust in attendance tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: