Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199583 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:04:03 »

Jeds just tweeted its lies and he cant understand why people are trying to unsettle the club

I'm sorry, but you can't offer little or no communication and then throw your toys out the pram when the rumours/speculation/consiracy theories starts popping up all over the place.

A lot of these kind of issues could be nipped in the bud by the board being more open and transparent.  I know that we can't know everything that is going on, but a bit more visibility of who is involved, what their plans are and a what is going on would alleviate a lot of this speculation.

The only way they will get trust is to earn it and they have not done enough on the communication front IMO.  Call me sceptical, but I don't think we are going to get much more information from this meeting tonight, I might be wrong, but it smells of a staged event to me.  I can only hope that the trust and supporters club strive in the strongestest way possible to get some of the answers that we are all looking for.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:23:38 »

I'm sorry, but you can't offer little or no communication and then throw your toys out the pram when the rumours/speculation/consiracy theories starts popping up all over the place.

A lot of these kind of issues could be nipped in the bud by the board being more open and transparent.  I know that we can't know everything that is going on, but a bit more visibility of who is involved, what their plans are and a what is going on would alleviate a lot of this speculation.

The only way they will get trust is to earn it and they have not done enough on the communication front IMO.  Call me sceptical, but I don't think we are going to get much more information from this meeting tonight, I might be wrong, but it smells of a staged event to me.  I can only hope that the trust and supporters club strive in the strongestest way possible to get some of the answers that we are all looking for.

Oh for fuck sake. Of course it's a staged event to an extent. The board have agreed to meet with reps of the Trust and the supporters club and answer questions. They're not just hoping to bump into them down the pub. So to that extent it's staged.

If however you're in some way suggesting that those reps are in some way in the pocket of the board and are going to duck asking any potentially awkward questions then just fucking say that honestly rather than playing this game of sly innuendo. There are members of the Trust on this forum. Just say that you don't trust them.

..never go back.
Flashheart

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:30:19 »

They're criticised for so long for not holding a meeting and when they do......
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:33:45 »

Oh for fuck sake. Of course it's a staged event to an extent. The board have agreed to meet with reps of the Trust and the supporters club and answer questions. They're not just hoping to bump into them down the pub. So to that extent it's staged.

If however you're in some way suggesting that those reps are in some way in the pocket of the board and are going to duck asking any potentially awkward questions then just fucking say that honestly rather than playing this game of sly innuendo. There are members of the Trust on this forum. Just say that you don't trust them.

Do you have anger issues? 

I am not suggesting any of that shit that you have just spouted.  I am a member of the trust.  Sly innuendo? WTF?

Are you a bit of a fuckwit, because I am not sure how you have come to that response from what I have posted.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:37:44 »

They're criticised for so long for not holding a meeting and when they do......

Not criticising them for holding the meeting, it's about bloody time,  I am just stating that I don't believe we will get the answers everyone is looking for.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:42:19 »

Not criticising them for holding the meeting, it's about bloody time,  I am just stating that I don't believe we will get the answers everyone is looking for.

I agree with you both to an extent in that to be honest the board cannot win with this meeting, but at least it gets some form of dialogue underway which in light of the last month or so is a bloody start, don't expect any great revelations but at least will give the chance to see the whites of their eyes so to speak.

Will be interesting to see what the outcome is, still interested to know why Wray is truning up at Trust meetings and demanding that what he says doesn't go into the public domain but hopefuilly that will come out in the wash at some stage as well.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:46:22 »

It's interesting to note the Supporters Club were asked to submit their questions in advance for tonight's meeting - and duly said no !!

Wise men say........
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 07:58:58 »

It's interesting to note the Supporters Club were asked to submit their questions in advance for tonight's meeting - and duly said no !!
Important for me to say this is not true. Neither group were asked to submit their questions in advance - having organised the thing I'm in the place to know this - but the Trust opted to off their own back. That is their prerogative, as it is the Supporters' Club not to.
What this shows is how rumour and conjecture can really drive a stake through the heart of what we are all trying to achieve, which is a more comfortable (or potentially uncomfortable) truth.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 08:05:30 »

What this shows is how rumour and conjecture can really drive a stake through the heart of what we are all trying to achieve, which is a more comfortable (or potentially uncomfortable) truth.
And that just about sums up in one sentence what is going on at the moment.  Time will tell whether all the keyboard lurking and tapping is proved correct!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 08:37:58 »

who the fuck is Dr Chang with a thousand posts?

its like an episode of Spooks around here

/
W56196272
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 08:41:19 »

I think a lot of what's happening at the moment is counter productive.  If I had the means I'm not sure I'd want to be involved in something that opens me up to the kind of claims, accusations and slurs that are currently doing the rounds. It's like Macarthyism.
Some of it may be true, but at the moment it's all rumours and supposition.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 08:44:31 »

Formerly known as STFC_CHRIS.

Claims to have sources but not a single one of his 'scoops' has come true.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:03:52 »

I think a lot of what's happening at the moment is counter productive.  If I had the means I'm not sure I'd want to be involved in something that opens me up to the kind of claims, accusations and slurs that are currently doing the rounds. It's like Macarthyism.
Some of it may be true, but at the moment it's all rumours and supposition.

Conversely, if something dodgy was afoot that was hameful to the club  (and I'm not saying it is), and you knew about it, would you stay quiet?

On the other hand this could easily all be true but a misrepresentation/lack of understanding of the facts too.

I agree with Bernie, staying quiet about the embargo and about the revolving directors door has been harmful. Its taken Sam Morshead to get some sorts of lines of communication going. I hope that we are now getting somewhere to address all this.

Perhaps Jed can give Fitton a ring for some advice on how to do things better.
iffy

« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:09:24 »

Conversely, if something dodgy was afoot that was hameful to the club  (and I'm not saying it is), and you knew about it, would you stay quiet?

On the other hand this could easily all be true but a misrepresentation/lack of understanding of the facts too.

I agree with Bernie, staying quiet about the embargo and about the revolving directors door has been harmful. Its taken Sam Morshead to get some sorts of lines of communication going. I hope that we are now getting somewhere to address all this.

Perhaps Jed can give Fitton a ring for some advice on how to do things better.

This Morshead boy might be brighter than he gets credit for.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 09:12:09 »

its like an episode of Spooks around here

It's kind of like this:

[url width=400 height=181]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e2d8487e6de62f946d06a377b8925273/tumblr_mlqg10OU3T1qdlh1io1_400.gif[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: