Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199579 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:18:00 »

OK, here goes at answering the various "claims".

7) Really, were going to get all worried about some company cars being leased?  I get a car allowance from my company for fucks sake, I'm sure plenty do who aren't anywhere near the top of a business.  The answer refers to question two really.

I think the thing with the cars are,
you have just taken on our club, with no debt,
You wouldn't put money in so we sold our talisman,
You appear to not have a great deal of money,
Hints that our higher earner players will be sold in order to make the club "sustainable"

So you go out and get brand new mercs on the club that trying to become "sustainable" when you already got a perfectly good Bentley.

Doesn't look good does it.
That's just my take.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:19:45 »

Why have you written that as a poem?

Never knowingly overstated.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:43:45 »

Cheesy
monkey

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:45:06 »

Jed seems to be getting a bit pissed off on twitter
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:45:07 »

Jeds just tweeted its lies and he cant understand why people are trying to unsettle the club
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:50:48 »

Jeds just tweeted its lies and he cant understand why people are trying to unsettle the club

Some straight answers to some straight questions tomorrow would go a long way towards settling things down…
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:53:29 »

He's not gonna say its true is he?

You lot are forgetting Alan O'Connell works at the Merc garage now maybe he cut them a deal?  Cheesy Girl Giggle
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:54:57 »

You lot are forgetting Alan O'Connell works at the Merc garage now

I know I'm going to kick myself, but...who?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:57:39 »

Alan O'Brien.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:58:17 »

Whoops I meant Alan O Brian!!!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 19:59:14 »

Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 20:48:20 »

He's not gonna say its true is he?

You lot are forgetting Alan O'Connell works at the Merc garage now maybe he cut them a deal?  Cheesy Girl Giggle

Exactly, I can just see Jed tomorrow standing up at the meeting and saying, that's right lads
you got me bang to rights! sadly I can just imagine conjecture and question dodging at best, its difficult to imagine what the outcome and publicity will be following the meeting, as Wray has been having meetings with the Trust and demanding that what is said is not publicised if I was Jed I would demand the same?

If Alan O'Brien works at a garage now I assume that his sales technique is swift and decisive but sadly with limited end product, much like his football.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 21:10:23 »

Imo your views are totally misguided as buying a football club is not the same as a buying a private company, and should never be viewed as such, a football club is one big money pit, which should only be bought with cash on the hip and for the love, and if fans plow their hard earned in to season tickets to try and help the club keep going, while these new owners decide to finance themselves a Merc each and give themselves a welcome gift of 200K out of the pot without first putting a penny in, whilst in the meantime the club is losing millions a year, then far from being standard business practice this is rotten to the core, and I can't really believe any town fan would try and defend it.

Hi Fredi  Bye
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 21:38:23 »

Imo your views are totally misguided as buying a football club is not the same as a buying a private company, and should never be viewed as such, a football club is one big money pit, which should only be bought with cash on the hip and for the love, and if fans plow their hard earned in to season tickets to try and help the club keep going, while these new owners decide to finance themselves a Merc each and give themselves a welcome gift of 200K out of the pot without first putting a penny in, whilst in the meantime the club is losing millions a year, then far from being standard business practice this is rotten to the core, and I can't really believe any town fan would try and defend it.

To you and me it might be totally different because we are fans, these guys are patently not and neither were the last ones, it's business, just a flashy one.

Football does not have to be a personal money pit - there are cases of clubs managing to do ok financially and many others without any serious backing behind them.

You do not need a wedge of cash piled up to invest in order to buy a football club.  A certain 20 time League winning club was purchased with debt loaded against it's own balance sheet.  Despite uproar, it does not seem to have materially impacted the clubs performance on or off the field.  Could you imagine if that was how we had just been purchased, you'd have literally been in intensive care right now.

They are Directors, they are employees, they never said they were anything different.  You seem to believe a Director has to be a major investor, Wray wasn't, Fitton wasn't really either.

Look, as someone who exerted a lot of time and energy trying to make people aware of the way Diamandis was running the club, I'm not a board apologist.  Just think going after these things are pointless when they don't suggest a systematic borderline fraud - like using your own companies to funnel costs through by signing up lucrative contracts - or gross incompetence, like decimating the revenue base of the football club and running into the ground with near 4,000 attendances or budgeting on 10k attendances.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 21:42:09 »

Exactly, I can just see Jed tomorrow standing up at the meeting and saying, that's right lads
you got me bang to rights! sadly I can just imagine conjecture and question dodging at best, its difficult to imagine what the outcome and publicity will be following the meeting

If question dodging is the route the board decide to take tomorrow, when they are presented with the opportunity to communicate openly, that will say plenty.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: