Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scary Grounds to get in and out of  (Read 34059 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 22:33:12 »

Ive been going for over 30 years and seen lots of swindon mobs getting the better of both bristols, southapton, oxford, brighton, pompey, blackburn, gillingham, reading and more, By a mob I mean a few hundred and all without rose tinted glasses and all in the 1980's. Not all the time but often enough to say that they were a force
I was there in the 80's when were a few hundred doing that?
Not doubting our lot got on top but don't think it was riot running. Only seen it the other way myself
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 22:36:20 by arriba » Logged
Topcat

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 22:36:17 »

Hooligans come in many forms , some of the biggest twats i know, who were nobodies in my local  would come in bragging what they had got up to  to a bunch of blokes they where trying to impress , who didnt give a fuck

Fair point I think we know some of them. Football is def better off without them but in those days it was hard not to see them whilst getting to and from the grounds. Also in those days it was the done thing for away fans to mingle in wih the home fans and try and take the home end
Topcat

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 22:38:36 »

I was there in the 80's when were a few hundred doing that?
Not doubting our lot got on top but don't think it was riot running. Only seen it the other way myself

Many times after the game meeting on the shrivenham road and the magic roundabout
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 22:45:09 »

Fair point I think we know some of them. Football is def better off without them but in those days it was hard not to see them whilst getting to and from the grounds. Also in those days it was the done thing for away fans to mingle in wih the home fans and try and take the home end

I would struggle to name a good football hooligan to be honest ,but give me the hardest in the local  pubs  in swindon in the  late 80's and 90's and very few were even into football

Edit: but then im younger than some , i have heard some naughty stories . Just dont know any real hooli's ( who aint twats)
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 22:47:29 by GoSWINDON » Logged

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
droogie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:04:47 »

in my experience i would have to agree with Arriba on this. think in the past we were more sinned against.have seen villa cardiff, bristol city,pompey, millwall, brighton, qpr, birmingham, and yes... oxford in the town end pre- segregation. never saw the reverse at these grounds. havent been everywhere but can only remember swindon in aldershots end. may be wrong.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:05:27 »

Many times after the game meeting on the shrivenham road and the magic roundabout
when? Hundreds? Never saw that myself
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:15:23 »

Nuneaton and Lincoln have had history since the days of Richard the third  ( and probably before that ) extension of the times unfortunately . To be fair  i dont know how anyone didnt expect it .

report from Nuneaton  police: " We were expecting anything from 2 to 277 Lincoln fans today and obviously being prepared for trouble ( due to historical differences ) , we cannot legislate fans fighting outside our jurisdiction and that's why we couldnt prevent the manslaughter of Nunny the tortoise ( the mascot ) who was chased until dead  "

Bastards , you couldnt make this shit up , i hope whoever was involved is dealt with appropriately

Topcat

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:21:43 »

when? Hundreds? Never saw that myself

well it happended on many occassions in the 80's but not aware of swindon fans doing it at away grounds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:25:45 »

well it happended on many occassions in the 80's but not aware of swindon fans doing it at away grounds

when? I can remember the games I saw it go off and those when I saw our lot run as I was running too.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:27:55 »

You could have become a sprinter with the amount of running you've done Arriba.  Wink
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:28:26 »

when? I can remember the games I saw it go off and those when I saw our lot run as I was running too.

cant anyone think of nonny the tortoise

Topcat

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:30:12 »

southampton, blackburn both in the cup, and numerous occassions against both bristol teams, oxford, reading, gillingham, cardiff, pompey, and brighton. Not saying it was all swindon but they had large numbers and more than held their own
GoSWINDON

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:31:10 »

southampton, blackburn both in the cup, and numerous occassions against both bristol teams, oxford, reading, gillingham, cardiff, pompey, and brighton. Not saying it was all swindon but they had large numbers and more than held their own

are you swindon's danny dyer ?

Topcat

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:32:47 »

are you swindon's danny dyer ?
no

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:38:37 »

City away was mad on the park behind the ground but that was fight or get battered like most I've seen-got caught up in.  City chased us up broad street and Oxford went off big time on the grass out the back of the shrivvy road-magic roundabout. Never seen us take the piss though
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 23:41:18 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: