Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scary Grounds to get in and out of  (Read 33805 times)
Topcat

« on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 14:59:56 »

I think the old Den and the New Den are vey intimidating grounds to get in & and out of as their full of high rise flats and little industrial units with lots of hiding places
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 15:20:18 »

A few years back Maine Road, Ninian Park.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 15:33:07 »

The Old Den, massively top of any list.

Other nasty ones are/were the M*nor ground, Ninian Park, Priestfield, Somerton Park, but thats it off the top of my head.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 15:41:30 »

Ayresome Park
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 15:46:52 »

I think the old Den and the New Den are vey intimidating grounds to get in & and out of as their full of high rise flats and little industrial units with lots of hiding places

Old Den agreed...New Den if you go by train there's the special walkway from the station straight into the away end, not really that intimidating as a result.

Maine Road was always something 'special'

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:17:01 »

Definitely agree about the old Den, we once parked about a mile from the ground and the police said that probably wasn't far enough. The Aldershot park behind the away end has seen some action, Although it was fine last season when we went down there. Walking back to Temple meads was different " Your going in the river " was a favoured chant from the shite heads. Wouldn't be suprised if some visiting fans find getting back to the station at our place intimidating especially with all the Allyways around the Manchester road area.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:21:16 »

Yeah ours must be quite intimidating particularly having to walk past the tap and the CGH, and the home end.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:27:30 »

Yeah ours must be quite intimidating particularly having to walk past the tap and the CGH, and the home end.
That's true and Don't forget how intimidating Behind the Arkells can be  Wink
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:34:52 by Notts red » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:41:08 »

Wouldn't be suprised if some visiting fans find getting back to the station at our place intimidating especially with all the Alleyways around the Manchester road area.

I find those slightly intimidating, even when I'm in a town shirt!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:53:03 »

Suicide
I find those slightly intimidating, even when I'm in a town shirt!
I find it less intimidating on match days.
Topcat

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 16:58:40 »

Definitely agree about the old Den, we once parked about a mile from the ground and the police said that probably wasn't far enough. The Aldershot park behind the away end has seen some action, Although it was fine last season when we went down there. Walking back to Temple meads was different " Your going in the river " was a favoured chant from the shite heads. Wouldn't be suprised if some visiting fans find getting back to the station at our place intimidating especially with all the Allyways around the Manchester road area.

I remember seeing Man utd down at Ashton Gate and they ran city all over the place and there wer stories of fans going into the river
Aldershot away is a strange setting having to walk through a park to get to the shared away end which reminds me of a barn

You mention a good point regarding away fans finding swindon intimidating as I had never looked at it like that but thinking about walking down manchester road and all of thise side streets & alley ways then when approaching the stadium you are met with the county ground hotel and the back of the town end with swindon fans everywhere it must make them weary of us
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 17:03:10 »

:suicide:I find it less intimidating on match days.

I'm not worried by them, I don't expect to get mugged or anything, it's just the ambience of the area that is slightly intimidating, and would be doubly so if you were an away fan.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 17:16:40 »

I'm not worried by them, I don't expect to get mugged or anything, it's just the ambience of the area that is slightly intimidating, and would be doubly so if you were an away fan.
Your right, knowing the area getting to and from grounds is a big help even when it's an away ground you have been to before.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 17:25:46 »

Kassam.

They all stand there looking at you and doing some sort of tribal dance raising their middle fingers.

All an hour after the game.

Most bizarre.
Topcat

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 16, 2013, 17:37:10 »

Swindon fans waiting on the green by the town end/shrivenham road stands must have been scary for away fans in the 80's as they had to pass to get to their coaches etc
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: