Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Walsall FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30310 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 11:54:08 »

JMac has this annoying habit of being shit at the moment

Can't really argue with that. From being an International left back (only Scotland I know) he has really disappointed me. Perhaps my hopes were too high, based on the fact he has played internatinal football.

Lukas Magera anyone?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 12:12:09 »

Jmac has been shit for ages, it's just not been so obvious with the rest of the team doing well.

Time to get a little self-righteous as I said this ages ago.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 13:09:02 »

I think Jmac is a good player, but he's not been on form since his injury really. its the distribution that has gone to pot.

He did have a good 15 or 20 minutes later in the game on Saturday though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #288 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:05:12 »

He suffers from the defensive left full back curse. Because he isn't that good at going forward and getting crosses in everyone thinks he is shit. He is a brilliant defender.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:19:06 »

Yeah, that's a decent point.

Things get better but they never get good
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:41:20 »

He suffers from the defensive left full back curse. Because he isn't that good at going forward and getting crosses in everyone thinks he is shit. He is a brilliant defender.

He's a full back though, he needs to be able to do both or technically he is pretty shit. It's not 1958
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:58:39 »

Probably why he is a league 1 defender
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #292 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:59:42 »

He's a full back though, he needs to be able to do both or technically he is pretty shit. It's not 1958

[url width=480 height=360]http://www.pictureshack.us/images/57608_nope_full.gif[/url]

Due to a shortage of left-footed players, the natural left footers tend to be much higher up the pyramid than their right-footed counterparts.

Case in point: Stuart Downing.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 15:03:28 »

also known as the Jamie Vincent effect
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 15:11:54 »

also known as the Jamie Vincent effect

Which itself is just a complication of Nigel Winterburn disease ...

..never go back.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 15:21:04 »

I couldn't disagree more, I think he's our biggest defensive liability by far.

Lacks concentration and commitment, almost NEVER puts in a challenge like Thompson one on one to win the ball against a winger, just backs off and lets them deliver a cross whenever they want (seen this so many times away from home, and that's only in the half i can see properly when it's down our end), plays under hit suicide passes back to Wes from ridiculous positions, has a bad attitude to ref's that gets him unnecessary bookings, never aware of where attacking players are coming into the box around him at the far post, but the most criminal thing by far in my opinion is that out of all our players, like Sheehan and Rose before him, he looks like one of those players who just doesn't care, shrugging off his sloppy passes and fuck ups and making the same errors of basic concentration and footballing good sense again and again before shouting at his fellow defenders to pass on the blame.

It genuinely worries me based on what we've seen this season that some of our fans think he's a good defender, as I think this is the position that most urgently needs addressing by Mack the Knife in the loan market.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #296 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 15:49:21 »

I couldn't disagree more, I think he's our biggest defensive liability by far.

The biggest defensive liability in the team with arguable the best defense in the Football League? I'll take that.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 15:57:56 »

He has nobody to compete against him in the squad though, knows he's gonna get picked whatever.  Was better when he had competition snapping at his heals or keeping him out of the team...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 16:01:44 »

He has nobody to compete against him in the squad though, knows he's gonna get picked whatever.  Was better when he had competition snapping at his heals or keeping him out of the team...

You're saying he's better when he isn't playing then?  Grin
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 16:09:10 »

Just reading the report in the Adver - I really must go to Specsavers asap, they say it was Luke Rooney who came on for Collins and compound it with his picture!!  Now just where did I put my specs?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: