Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Walsall FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 30309 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 11:21:56 »

I think Rooney is probably short of match fitness, so Kmac isn't bringing him back in fully just yet (and just chose De Vita over Rooney yesterday as he thought he was a better fit for the job he wanted done - De Vita is better defensively). And it's early days also, I would imagine he is just trying to see what works and what doesn't - hopefully 'Ferry on the wing' is one of the things he sees as not working.
I thought Luke Rooney was being prepared to come on, but the injury to Thompson scuppered that idea,
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 12:01:53 »

Dare I say at times we looked a little undisciplined and quite ragged. Towards the end we seemed all over the place. Not convinced by wes's attempts at dribbling away from strikers as well!!

Though Walsall deserved a point and thought miller and jmac were pretty terrible.

We don't currently have the players to play macdonald's way of playing so the loan signings will be key!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 12:03:15 »

Also is the man of the match default setting stuck on Simon ferry? He always gets it at the games I attend! He worked hard but far from brilliant yesterday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 12:08:04 »

Having just watched the L1 show from last night, I'm convinced Miller played the ball, Drysdale (Ref) was right next to him as well.

Both Doncaster & Tranmere were also fortunate due to some poor reffereeing.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 13:38:44 »

Having just watched the L1 show from last night, I'm convinced Miller played the ball, Drysdale (Ref) was right next to him as well.

Both Doncaster & Tranmere were also fortunate due to some poor reffereeing.
Drysdale was absolute shite!!  Twice he allowed them to take corners when the ball was nothing like touching the quadrant, he allowed the pen even though the ball was in front of the actual spot - and I'm convinced it wasn't even a pen, he even got the basics wrong like throw-ins although we got away with a blatant hand-ball, but they did several times.  Roberts went past his man in the penalty area and was brought down, it's either a pen or Roberts is booked for diving!!  And all this is just in the first half.  I am convinced that if they hadn't have equalised when they did another pen would have been in the offing!!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 14:11:57 »

The amount of bookings was criminal, it was far from a dirty game! Also, their 29 was a right dick.
Went down feigning injury and stayed down whilst we
Attacked, seemed like even his own players weren't even bothered that he was on the ground!!

The ref gave a throw in to Walsall when the whole drs could hear the deflection, he was a total imbecile!

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 14:28:15 »

Who is the Spurs player we're supposedly bringing in?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 14:53:23 »

Who is the Spurs player we're supposedly bringing in?

Cristian Ceballos

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/394851/20121016/tottenham-spurs-barcelona-star-cristian-ceballos.htm
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 14:54:19 »

The amount of bookings was criminal, it was far from a dirty game! Also, their 29 was a right dick.
Went down feigning injury and stayed down whilst we
Attacked, seemed like even his own players weren't even bothered that he was on the ground!!

The ref gave a throw in to Walsall when the whole drs could hear the deflection, he was a total imbecile!

Drysdale seemed to be a ref demanding he was in control from both the players and his other officials.  He kept doing a little motion around his ears when players tried to talk to him which seemed to imply that he wouldnt listen.  He also didnt let his linos make any decisions, they were reliant on him pointing the way.  

On the pen, I could see why there's was given but it does look like Miller got the ball on the replay.  I couldnt really see whether Roberts should have had a pen in the first half as I was at the other end of the DRS.  My impression from that distance was we should have had a pen.  

Generally, the ref was shit.  Just for a change.

Never knowingly overstated.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 15:32:54 »

Drysdale was absolute shite!! 
Not the first time I've heard that.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 16:05:46 »

Everytime we had a corner, Flint had up to three players around him and holding him back,so should've had a pen each time.

Westcarr (29) was a diving cunt along with Brandy, and falls down at every opportunity. Saying that I wish Williams would not do exactly the same. Goes down too easily. but the refs don't normally fall for it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 16:09:15 »

Flint missed a header from a corner but his shirt was pulled so much it was ridiculous.

Williams isn't 'nasty' enough.  Great player but he just lacks that extra to his game.  Cant lead a line.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 16:13:09 »

Regardless of whether it was a penalty or not, I dont think Miller needed to make the tackle like he did. Just gives the ref the opportunity to give a penalty when any potential shot would have been blocked anyway.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 16:14:10 »

Flint missed a header from a corner but his shirt was pulled so much it was ridiculous.

Williams isn't 'nasty' enough.  Great player but he just lacks that extra to his game.  Cant lead a line.
Unlike Charlie
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 16:15:38 »

I was very impressed with Charlie when he came back earlier this season.  He definitely had developed, become bigger, stronger and could be a target man playing up front alone.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: