Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford  (Read 28261 times)
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 20:17:28 »

That was the match where Bodin almist scored at the end
That was the best 0-0 i can remember, the atmosphere was cracking throughout

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 21:48:50 »

it was a cracking 0-0.

Was Shaun Close playing that day?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 22:23:40 »

it was a cracking 0-0.

Was Shaun Close playing that day?

Think both our strikers were sent off. Chalky and was it Mitch? Pretty sure Close came on and played up front on his own. Did pretty well and set up that Bodin shot that could have been the winner from memory. The roof would have come off had Zippy kept it a couple of yards lower.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 23:11:40 »

He was dogshite and his career before and since has proven that. Career stats of 167 games, 11 (eleven) goals. Just over a 1 in 15 return. For a striker.

Yeah but he did score for someone at the weekend. IIRC it was a 35 yard volley.. Oh hang on someone shot and it deflected in off his arse.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 06:10:29 »

Think both our strikers were sent off. Chalky and was it Mitch? Pretty sure Close came on and played up front on his own. Did pretty well and set up that Bodin shot that could have been the winner from memory. The roof would have come off had Zippy kept it a couple of yards lower.

I'm pretty sure Brian Marwood played most of that game up front and never seen him work so hard. Not sure who replaced him when he was eventually taken off.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 09:13:41 »

Here you go Hitchin. Was this game.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19930138

You've a better memory than me but remember Close more then Marwood for some reason even though he only came on for the last 20. £10k attendance at Brentford too. Blimey!

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 09:43:13 »

That was the one when we were all down the side wasnt it? I know I was at the game but dont remember anything about it at all.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 09:49:03 »

That was the one when we were all down the side wasnt it? I know I was at the game but dont remember anything about it at all.

Pretty sure that we were in the little two tiered away end but i may be wrong (and probably am). Not convinced I've ever been on the side at Brentford but then i'm younger than you SR. :-)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:15:30 »

Jeez you've obviously had a hard life Wink
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 10:19:34 »

was that the game that was all ticket for away fans and about 100 or so Town fans had managed to get in the Brentford terracing down the side, they then moved us into an all ready packed terrace behing the goal

Wilf Shergold

« Reply #55 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:04:27 »

Brentford reminds me of a sad little moment in the career of one Swindon player, fullback Dean Casserly, who made his debut away at B’ford in the Freight Rover (now Tin Pot) Cup in 1987.

He was injured after a few minutes (shoulder from memory) and was subbed, according to that great stats site, after 10 minutes. Never played for Swindon or any League team again which must make his pro career one of the shortest ever. Maybe on the pitch for 5 minutes?

There weren’t many there because I think it was a sort of mini league that season and we’d already got into the next round so there was nowt to play for. I got there right on kick off and climbed in through the building site that became the new stand behind the goal. Which is a bit of a shame because the listed attendance was 1,110, and I like neat numbers.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:21:21 »

The 1-0 win there when we were struggling under Kingy was a goodun. Heywood header and a good turnout under floodlights by our lot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:34:46 »

The 1-0 win there when we were struggling under Kingy was a goodun. Heywood header and a good turnout under floodlights by our lot.

Was that the one where we were at the "other end", in the 2 tier stand rather than the terrace? Liked that one.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:37:47 »

Was that the one where we were at the "other end", in the 2 tier stand rather than the terrace? Liked that one.

Yep. I sat at the front row of the top. Decent view but a strange stand is that
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:40:34 »

Yep. I sat at the front row of the top. Decent view but a strange stand is that

Ha yeah, I crammed in down the bottom. All I can remember is Matty's goal sometime near the end, a good atmosphere and a few anti Pope/IRA songs (fuck knows why there was a group singing them).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: