Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford  (Read 28042 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 12:14:59 »

Might engineer a few customer visits that way on Tuesday. Anyone know what the parking is like as this is just over the boundry of my territory?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 12:25:43 »

I always used to park at The Butts. But it's pay at  parking machine, and not cheap. There must be somewhere better..
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 12:48:28 »

Do any of you older Town Fans remember Brentford away in May 1979 we won 2-1 with Mayes & Miller the scorers and the attendance was over 13,320 with at least 4-5000 from Swindon. This is the season where we had the big games with Swansea & Watford and just missed out on promotion right at the end of the season

Remember it well.....because of our two brilliant cup runs we ended up with three tough away games...Brentford which we won as you say...sadly we lost our next at Wednesday 4-2....which meant our last away match at Blackpool was a dead rubber....think we still took around 2000 to Blackpool and got hammered again(5-2?) i think....it was a great season and we really should have won the league
Swansea won it....we won 2-1 at Swansea on Boxing day which was a great away day....though they beat us 1-0 at the County Ground.
southside

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 12:56:00 »

Great that you can remember the Swansea away game on the boxing day as I can remember us town fans being kept in with I am sailing by Rod Stewart being played loudy over the Tannoy. Fantastic day out !!!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 13:06:41 »

Gilchrist with the winner i seem to remember at Swansea....also the 2-2 at Stoke was brilliant after being two down....we marmalised them in the replay.
southside

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 13:34:32 »

I think the Stoke game was the following season 1979-1980 as I seem to remember us having some great cup games including drawing wih Arsenal away with over 8000 town fans backing them and beating them 4-3 at home in the replay liam Brady and all and also playing spurs at home when the hot dog stand was set alight at the stratton bank end. Also who can forget the disappointment of getting beaten by wolves in the semi final
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 13:59:45 »

Mine was the defeat at Bristol City perhaps 2002.
Still, the 7-1 at Forest was one of the best

I come from a land down-under
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 21:03:33 »

210 Brentford tickets left in the ticket office and 300 available on the night. Out of an allocation of 1800 I make that 1290 sold. Not bad, hopefully make 1500.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 21:56:19 »

Do any of you older Town Fans remember Brentford away in May 1979 we won 2-1 with Mayes & Miller the scorers and the attendance was over 13,320 with at least 4-5000 from Swindon. This is the season where we had the big games with Swansea & Watford and just missed out on promotion right at the end of the season

One of the best seasons with Watford, Gillingham, Liverpool Reserves (Swansea) all going for promotion. All of the above home games were over 16,000.
We lost 0-1 Swansea but beat Watford 2-1 and the game was on MOTD and finally 3-1 v The Gills a very lively game like they all were then against Gilliscum.

Happy Days.
southside

« Reply #99 on: Saturday, March 9, 2013, 22:25:15 »

yes 1979 was a great time towatch the Town with really good attendances considering what the population of swindon would have been. Lots of great memories from beating liverpol reserves at the vetch field and swindon fans having their union jack flags taken off them. Also Aldershot away in the FA Cup where the attendance was 10,300 and Town fans everywhere including passing the special train near ground whilst in a convoy of Rimes coaches
Happy Days
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 09:50:01 »

The 1979-80 season was and probably will always be my favourite season, even better than getting to the Premiership for me.

Probably because it was my first experience of success as a own fan.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 10:43:02 »

Was good fun on that lovely saturday when Calvin Andrew scored a couple of years ago. Little Smoke pellet and shoes on the pitch  Beers

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 20:47:42 »

I've been to Brentford a few times and spent my 21st birthday there watching us get beat. Not been since Chalky and Mitch got sent off. I do remember gonig there on a Monday night many moons ago to find the game called off. We went into Soho as did a lot of Town that evening. It was kicking off all over the place. Police were rounding Town fans up and we were approached by a few police and we thought here we go, stitch up time. They asked us how we got there and offered us a lift back to the car. Decent police.
Looking forward to Tuesday.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 21:42:25 »

I've been to Brentford a few times and spent my 21st birthday there watching us get beat. Not been since Chalky and Mitch got sent off. I do remember gonig there on a Monday night many moons ago to find the game called off. We went into Soho as did a lot of Town that evening. It was kicking off all over the place. Police were rounding Town fans up and we were approached by a few police and we thought here we go, stitch up time. They asked us how we got there and offered us a lift back to the car. Decent police.
Looking forward to Tuesday.
I thought you were turning into Danny Dyer there... pwopa nawty Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 09:10:55 »

Stuart Attwell is the ref tomorrow.

Kiss goodbye to a decent game then...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: