Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have we peaked now Paolo is gone?  (Read 10024 times)
woolster

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 15:15:04 »

Who was it who used to be called Dave and had Rodney as their avatar? Every post was funny as a result, whoever that was, please do it again. Or alternatively mods just change someone's name and avatar permanently to that. Dostoyevsky would be good, we would see a whole new side to Rodney, mid-life crisis Rodney.
he is DV Canio now
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 15:18:26 »

He didn't go to training for reasons which have been done to death.

Which are? 'Cause he was feeling a bit sulky about something that hasn't been fully explained other than "promises not being kept"?

..never go back.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 18:26:18 »

You'd think that such a "dedicated" "workaholic" might have found the time to get to the fucking training ground wouldn't you?

Are you basing your assumptions about what he did leading up to the game on anything other than pure speculation?

He was with the players up until the 5pm on the Monday and he picked the team. He took training as normal.

He missed training the previous week up until the Friday.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:35:36 »

He was with the players up until the 5pm on the Monday and he picked the team. He took training as normal.

He missed training the previous week up until the Friday.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are we agreed that the regular triaing sessions are necessary, and that it's beat for the head of the coaching staff to be there?

If so I need to hear a decent excuse for not being there. I'm told it's been discussed to death but I've no idea what the reason was.

Had he resigned at that stage and had to be talked around?

..never go back.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:41:40 »

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are we agreed that the regular triaing sessions are necessary, and that it's beat for the head of the coaching staff to be there?

If so I need to hear a decent excuse for not being there. I'm told it's been discussed to death but I've no idea what the reason was.

Had he resigned at that stage and had to be talked around?

He resigned on the Tuesday, didn't come in on the Wednesday and Thursday but was there on the Friday to discuss with Jed. He then took the team Saturday (week when we didn't have a game) and was with the team all Monday until he quit.

He prepared the team for the Tranmere game, that's what I'm getting at.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 20:27:45 »

he is DV Canio now
Tell him to change his name back to Dave.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 20:41:57 »

In all likelihood...yes. We are a Div 3 club, a couple of managers King and Wilson have taken us close, but that final push is difficult..PdC failed as well, but in a different way.

The key to the next few months will be consolidation next season in Div 3 and avoiding the sort of slide which happened last time we got close, but also failed.

We've got a few on the books, who look like they'll hit the  Pint without a disciplinarian around, so dangerous times.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 21:28:21 »

I have to agree with Reg, consolidation will be fine for this season with a possible play off push next season should we be lucky enough to land another Kingy or Wilson.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 22:35:18 »

Why would we want to consolodate when we're 3 points off the top? Yes, we may well struggle to make the play-off's this season, but just possibly the new manager will come in and put us back on track! The same players proved they're good enough against Tranmere, and with one or two additions I don't see why we can't stay in touch.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
JJ876

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 22:30:50 »

Paolo was never given big money to invest in quality players.....that meant what money he spent(about half a million) was invested in players that were a gamble to sign.......he got rid of hell of a lot of deadwood when he arrived which is never mentioned by those who choose to slag him off.

Many of last nights side were languishing in reserve sides when Paolo signed them...Alan Mac,Ward,Foderhingham etc.

Foderingham alone is probably worth more than Paolo spent in his entire spell here....so to suggest his scattergun approach was a failure is wrong on two counts....one is that where we are in the league...secondly Collins is probably worth three times what we spent for him along with Fods,Devera etc means that the signing he spent a little money on certainly was good buisness.

Many of you forget that this was his first venture into management and yes harsh lessons were learnt at times.
As i say the last two matches show me just how much he got out of....quite frankly ordinary players.

How a group of fans can slag off a man who left his team on top of the league amazes me....astounds me.
He had his reasons for walking away....whether or not we as fans agree with that should not hide the fact that is when he left we were in our highest position for years.
And he has left a squad whos value is a lot higher in money terms than what he paid for by a long way.

Good post agree with the points made.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 22:42:10 »

Good post agree with the points made.
Have  only just seen Leefers Post and got to say probably one of the best I've read.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 22:55:07 »

And he did what exactly? Come into the dressing room ten minutes before the game and do some sort of vulcan mindmeld with each player?

The coach can do his homework on a side, but without the training sessions to actually work on the things that he has in mind to exploit their weaknesses and guard against their strengths I'm not sure what fucking use that is. I think the coaching staff did their job in the run up to the Tranmere game, and did it well, following the same pattern of preparation as before.

If you agreed with his politics, would you still try and find any little thing to try and prove that he was clueless ?
He won the league in his first season in management, and left us well placed in his second.

I suspect we've all gone off him a bit recently (me included), but fuck sake, surely he left the club in a better place than when he joined Huh?

(you not being around for fucking starters)
woolster

« Reply #87 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 23:02:39 »

If you agreed with his politics, would you still try and find any little thing to try and prove that he was clueless ?
He won the league in his first season in management, and left us well placed in his second.

I suspect we've all gone off him a bit recently (me included), but fuck sake, surely he left the club in a better place than when he joined Huh?

(you not being around for fucking starters)
agree with this, as for lumps, swindon supporter, I THINK NOT
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 23:50:15 »

Have  only just seen Leefers Post and got to say probably one of the best I've read.

Have only just seen Leefer's post aswell  and it's exactly what i was trying to say but never did. This is the last i will say on Pdc , he did us proud but we move on and i hope he does not tarnish his reputation anymore with silly threats ( if true ), even the half of West Ham fans who wanted him are backing off .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: