Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have we peaked now Paolo is gone?  (Read 10003 times)
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:20:53 »

About 750k with a wage bill of about 4M. So quite a lot

All of which was funded by player sales. Cox and Austin alone bringing in more than £3m. How much goes out isn't really the most important thing it's the net transfer spending.

We've probably made a profit in terms of transfer fees every year for years until PDC who's sold nobody for any real money since he's been in the job, and quit the first time someone forced him to.

..never go back.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:21:42 »

You nearly had me till I twigged who you are.
I'll be back. Must. try. harder.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:24:46 »

Who was it who used to be called Dave and had Rodney as their avatar? Every post was funny as a result, whoever that was, please do it again. Or alternatively mods just change someone's name and avatar permanently to that. Dostoyevsky would be good, we would see a whole new side to Rodney, mid-life crisis Rodney.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:26:52 »

And how did he do that exactly? His own coaching team admit he missed three days of training in the week leading up to that game, presumably because he was in a strop?
the power of speech. Still did his homework-tactics for the game
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:27:16 »

Pericarp wasn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:27:57 »

He was Trigger wasn't he. This was a while back, maybe 2 years ago.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:32:34 »

Pericarp wasn't it?
Pericarp prepared the team for the Tranmere game? Wow.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:35:05 »

the power of speech. Still did his homework-tactics for the game

And he did what exactly? Come into the dressing room ten minutes before the game and do some sort of vulcan mindmeld with each player?

The coach can do his homework on a side, but without the training sessions to actually work on the things that he has in mind to exploit their weaknesses and guard against their strengths I'm not sure what fucking use that is. I think the coaching staff did their job in the run up to the Tranmere game, and did it well, following the same pattern of preparation as before.

..never go back.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:35:37 »

Pericarp prepared the team for the Tranmere game? Wow.

Picarricarp?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:35:52 »

To answer the question in the Thread Title, I agree that Di Canio leaving probably was the peak of the season so far.

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:51:36 »

And he did what exactly? Come into the dressing room ten minutes before the game and do some sort of vulcan mindmeld with each player?

The coach can do his homework on a side, but without the training sessions to actually work on the things that he has in mind to exploit their weaknesses and guard against their strengths I'm not sure what fucking use that is. I think the coaching staff did their job in the run up to the Tranmere game, and did it well, following the same pattern of preparation as before.

He would have spoken to his staff for sure to give instructions and this has already been confirmed. Wouldn't have been surprised if he had spoken to players too.
He would have been doing his homework on the match before he quit. Someone so dedicated and a workaholic like Di Canio I think would have been ahead of the game myself. Wouldn't leave these things late.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:55:09 »

He would have spoken to his staff for sure to give instructions and this has already been confirmed. Wouldn't have been surprised if he had spoken to players too.
He would have been doing his homework on the match before he quit. Someone so dedicated and a workaholic like Di Canio I think would have been ahead of the game myself. Wouldn't leave these things late.

You'd think that such a "dedicated" "workaholic" might have found the time to get to the fucking training ground wouldn't you?

Are you basing your assumptions about what he did leading up to the game on anything other than pure speculation?

..never go back.
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 15:02:36 »

You'd think that such a "dedicated" "workaholic" might have found the time to get to the fucking training ground wouldn't you?

Are you basing your assumptions about what he did leading up to the game on anything other than pure speculation?

I wish that we could have Di Canio back, for no other reason than to make you fuck off again...

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 15:06:17 »

He didn't go to training for reasons which have been done to death. Until he did though he put in the hours and dedication to the job.

The only thing i'm assuming is that he may have spoken to the players(or some of them)
The rest is guaranteed to be true. The preparation for a game at the table toppers would have been undertaken for plenty of time prior. That's glaringly obvious.
Even his biggest critics will know how hard he worked and his attention to detail etc.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 15:09:35 »

To answer the question in the Thread Title, I agree that Di Canio leaving probably was the peak of the season so far.
Cheesy Nice to have you back Ben.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: