Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Carlisle United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33215 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:40:15 »

As others have said, I thought Thompson MOM, had their left winger in his pocket, and cant believe how many times he came away with the ball, Should put the caddis stuff to bed now. Fair play to the Carlisle fans thought they came in good numbers when it was pretty likely they would get beat. Didnt like the announcer at the start of the 2nd half though saying about another 5 on the way, I'd have been mighty pissed the other way round.  Finally saw Jeremy Wray round the back of the arkells wearing his swindon raincoat, was in good humour.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:49:10 »

i had fiver on 4-0 aswell at 17/1  but got greedy and put ritchie to get first goal aswell at 100/1 , that will teach me  No

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:56:44 »

Mate of mine said he'd been told some bookies were offering 50-1 against us winning 5-0 today, anyone know if that's true?
Just reading in our programme you could get 66/1 for another 5-0 before KO with Towns offical betting partner BetButler. Don't expect it will be so good for our next home game though! They were poor today but we didn't really give them a sniff, kept closing them down right to the end and you could see it still meant a lot to keep that clean sheet. Should be a hell of a game next week and if it goes tits up I think we will still hold on to fifth place, I'll be happy with a single goal win down there.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:01:21 »

Just thought of 3 other things. Williams was not happy coming off, threw a water bottle to the ground. De Vita looked a mile offside for the 4th( happy to watch and be proved wrong) And it wasnt a back pass for the free kick in the lead up to the crossbar effort, It came off Collins foot.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:02:14 »

As others have said, I thought Thompson MOM, had their left winger in his pocket, and cant believe how many times he came away with the ball, Should put the caddis stuff to bed now. Fair play to the Carlisle fans thought they came in good numbers when it was pretty likely they would get beat. Didnt like the announcer at the start of the 2nd half though saying about another 5 on the way, I'd have been mighty pissed the other way round.  Finally saw Jeremy Wray round the back of the arkells wearing his swindon raincoat, was in good humour.
A mate of mine was sat next to Nathan's dad who was loving it, He said how proud He was and was jumping around in his seat. especially when Thompson went on that run to challenge the keeper.
AlessandroPini

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:22:50 »

Seeing these last results I'm wondering why on earth Swindon is not on top of the league.. is it the same team that was having erratic results in the first part of the season?

I hope now we found the right rhythm and we keep rolling.. I'd love to see a double promotion in this fashion.
Maybe it's the physical preparation that was meant to bring the team at a peak for the second part of the season. I really hope so.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:26:17 »

Seeing these last results I'm wondering why on earth Swindon is not on top of the league.. is it the same team that was having erratic results in the first part of the season?

I hope now we found the right rhythm and we keep rolling.. I'd love to see a double promotion in this fashion.
Maybe it's the physical preparation that was meant to bring the team at a peak for the second part of the season. I really hope so.

I think you answered your own question in the first sentence
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:28:20 »

Just thought of 3 other things. Williams was not happy coming off, threw a water bottle to the ground. De Vita looked a mile offside for the 4th( happy to watch and be proved wrong) And it wasnt a back pass for the free kick in the lead up to the crossbar effort, It came off Collins foot.

Felt for Williams a bit, he had a good chance of getting a hat trick, which would have been his first.

In terms of the free kick, that explains the prolonged complaints from the goalkeeper and CB.  We couldn't understand why they were moaning as looked like a back pass from the Arkells.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:35:57 »

De Vita looked a mile offside for the 4th( happy to watch and be proved wrong).

Watched it a few times on SSN and it appears it came off a Carlisle defender en route to Rafa. When the initial ball came in he was onside.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:50:35 »

Felt for Williams a bit, he had a good chance of getting a hat trick, which would have been his first.

In terms of the free kick, that explains the prolonged complaints from the goalkeeper and CB.  We couldn't understand why they were moaning as looked like a back pass from the Arkells.

I was in the Arkells directly behind the linesman, he definately saw it, and bottled it.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:55:43 »

In terms of the free kick, that explains the prolonged complaints from the goalkeeper and CB.  We couldn't understand why they were moaning as looked like a back pass from the Arkells.

Agree, Williams looked gutted to be replaced but didn't see the water bottle thing. Any striker would be the same on a hat trick but he will be hungry for more goals next week. Taking Ritchie and Ferry off gave others a run out and kept them injury free. Saw Ritchie get booked but not what for? He had a right go at the fourth offical after the booking.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:59:41 »

i think ritchie got booked for having a go at the lino for awarding throw-in to carlisle

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Flashheart

« Reply #267 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 21:59:52 »

Saw Ritchie get booked but not what for? He had a right go at the fourth offical after the booking.

Descent apparently. Complaining too much about a throw in. Carlisle commentary thought he has a reason to complain.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:03:49 »

Oh right thanks, didn't see that. The word got about today that an England representative was there watching Wes, anyone else hear this?
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:04:56 »

Descent apparently. Complaining too much about a throw in. Carlisle commentary thought he has a reason to complain.

They came down hard on him
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: