Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Portsmouth FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22166 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:28:26 »

There would have been one more in the crowd today, but a local Pompey fan who grew up in the same street as me died this morning.

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/inyourtown/melkshamnews/10134368.Man_dies_at_Melksham_petrol_station/

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:29:12 »

Miller:
- First half we were a bit sloppy
- Changes in 2nd half gave us a lift
- Unbelievable first touch from Collins
- Never seen someone come off bench and score 4 goals
- First start since Villa game. Few stray passes. Sounded a bit disappointed
- Ferry missed a couple of days training due to ankle knock
- Great resources at club. Competition for places. Will need all of them for the rest of season
- No easy games. Carlisle will make things hard for us.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:37:39 »

Collins:
- Hard work done before he came on
- Haven't been in team in recent weeks. Desperate to get on and score to win place back
- Favourite goals was hat trick goal (Not what he said earlier)
- Fortunate to play with good players giving good delivery
- Williams scored two against Tranmere and Martin looks class. Have had to wait for his chance
- You would have thought that this performance puts him in the starting 11 for the next game, but PDC knows what he's doing.
- Just wants to get on the pitch and score as much as possible blah blah blah !

kerry red

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:41:06 »

Last thing we need now is more loan players coming in to upset the squad.

Things seem to have sorted themselves out on the pitch - and I cant really think where we need to strengthen or even need cover
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:42:41 »

Woooohooooo  Clap

Was a bit worried at half time, but once the first went in Pompey heads went down and it was game over at 2-0. 4 goal was as good as you'll see this season - fabulous touch from Ritchie.

Credit to the Pompey fans who were their usual loud selves. Not much to sing about but they did.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:44:01 »

Well, we had lots of huff and puff but not much quality in the first half. Don't like saying it as I didn't think Pompey were awful early doors, but we sunk to their level in that we didn't pass well. For me the central midfield were not in the game at all.

Clearly the substitutions were key. Roberts I thought worked hard and showed a bit of skill too. Ferry really helped in the central midfield, and of course Collins couldn't put a foot (or head) wrong. Its difficult to judge the second half in some ways. Once the first went in Pompey were dead and buried. They couldn't cope with us, couldn't defend our crosses and generally fell apart.

10 goals, 2 games Happy New Year. Hope we haven't peaked too early Smiley
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:45:09 »

Credit to the Pompey fans who were their usual loud selves. Not much to sing about but they did.

The only thing is I wish they wouldn't bring that bloody drum and bell.

Saying that, every load of away fans who have brought a drum this season, have gone home pointless.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:47:30 »

Patey talking, sounds like wheeling dealing and no new funds/investment being made available. Board meeting this week to talk about trying to keep loanees (Bostock not sounding likely to me, may be wrong)

No new announcements on stadium.

Money situation "extremely tight". The dream is new investors and owners and championship football next season.
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:51:38 »

Money situation "extremely tight".

Popcorn
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:52:13 »

Patey interview:
- 12 months ago he was in Afghanistan
- Great atmosphere at Tranmere game. Were hoping for 10-11k there today
- Football is an expensive business. Needed a good Christmas to help make ends meet
- Have done well in 2012. PDC done a great job. Would be amazing if we went up, but there are a lot of people in the mix
- No news on investment. Don't have money to spend on players. Dont expect big name signings
- We have a good squad. Investment in Hollands and Martin paying off
- We'll either get promotion with this squad or not
- Financial reality kicks in now. Owner doesnt have unlimited funds. There are no new investors
- Martin, Hollands and Ward to stay? We'll have to see. Board meeting next week. Manager wants to keep them. May be that we have to move people out to keep them
- Bostock loan up soon. Haven't talked to PDC about this
- New ground. No news on that
- The money situation is extremely tight. No nightmare scenario. Think we'll stay up. Swindon has been through the nightmare before and we need to make sure that the club is sustainable
- Felt we should win against Portsmouth.
- On PDC and hostility & isolation: Had good meeting before Christmas and telecon since. No personal issues between them both. Just a different views and objectives when it comes to money. PDC is a person who needs clarity, but he does understand the situation.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:56:53 »

Patey talking, sounds like wheeling dealing and no new funds/investment being made available. Board meeting this week to talk about trying to keep loanees (Bostock not sounding likely to me, may be wrong)

No new announcements on stadium.

Money situation "extremely tight". The dream is new investors and owners and championship football next season.
That's precisely what I took from it.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 16:59:21 »

Game: first half, utterly forgettable. Second half: once the first went in it was a landslide - all 3 subs made a big difference, we were marauding magnificent and something else beginning with M by the end

Patey: Don't quite know why but everyone time I hear him speak he reminds me of a Bob McHolt. Dream is new owners? So Black and Arbib fallen out of love with it and looking to get out then? That could be a worry, was hoping for some stability in the boardroom for a while longer

Overall though, fuck the worries, got to be happy with 10 goals without reply in 2 games. No matter who the opposition is. Liked the Pompey fans, except for their chuffing drum/bell/trumpet.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:02:51 by pauld » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:01:41 »

So Black and Arbib fallen out of love with it and looking to get out then?

That's what it sounded like to me. At least Black didn't just up and exit I suppose. Not really warming to Patey, but Bob McHolt is a bit harsh (for now anyway).
Flashheart

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:03:43 »

For a diplomat Patey doesn't seem very diplomatic.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 17:06:42 »

That's what it sounded like to me. At least Black didn't just up and exit I suppose.
Oh, yeah, if they are looking to go, I'd at least be confident they're more likely to do it in the right way. Unlikely to see any BEST Holdings with this lot (I hope)
Not really warming to Patey, but Bob McHolt is a bit harsh (for now anyway).
Yes it is. I didn't mean he was actually that bad, he just sets my bullshit alarm off. Just sounds all a bit too pat, and somehow I never quite believe him. Even when there's no reason to doubt him.  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: