Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Doncaster Rovers FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19354 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 20:13:09 »

I really want Gary Roberts to come good, but he looks like he can't be fucked.

Sort it out Gary.

Moaning cunt sat behind me kept singing Simon Ferry songs, if you are going to sing at least get the fucking words right.

I thought we bossed the game and Bostock was my MOM. How we didnt score another i'll never know. Most amusing to see their GK looked to have a phobia of kicking the ball out of his hands.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 20:15:40 »

I'd agree with the Gary Roberts "good player, no confidence" diagnosis.

Things get better but they never get good
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 21:05:21 »

I was really excited pre season when I saw us at WSM.  Roberts and Jay Mac seemed to be capable of having the same sort of understanding as Caddis and Richie on the right.  Thought we'd be tearing the league a new one.

Im usually wrong.

Caddis was single out by Five Live in the Birmingham game this evening. Oh what could have been!
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, December 8, 2012, 23:22:59 »

Just got back, popped in to see family after the game.

Although really frustrated, as has been commented several times on here already we should have won that game comfortably. However, it was a much better performance & at least we tried to play it on the floor.

Agree with most, Rafa deserved his MoM, I was shocked & disappointed when he was subbed, I thought we lost our momentum as Roberts is really struggling for any sort of form at the moment.  Full of praise for the whole team today, although I think Williams needs a goal again, his follow up to Martin's header against the post was weak & he totally bottled the chase with the keeper, where I thought he was there first?  The og was as soft as I've seen & I may be wrong but I don't think any Donny player was near Hollands?

Richie was back to his best & Bostock showed some class, but although the back 4 played really well today, I was really pleased for Joe Devera, who has been solid in the middle recently, thought he covered LB brilliantly.

Looking forward to Oldham, someones going to get a thrashing when the strikers click, may as well be next week!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 08:58:11 »

Although really frustrated, as has been commented several times on here already we should have won that game comfortably. However, it was a much better performance & at least we tried to play it on the floor.

Agreed, a good performance. Just a silly OG and a bit wasteful in front of goal.
Williams... he totally bottled the chase with the keeper, where I thought he was there first?  
He was clear favourite to get there, he has pace, but he seemed to slow up when he saw the keeper was coming out. Getting an injury in the back of his mind?

The og was as soft as I've seen & I may be wrong but I don't think any Donny player was near Hollands?

Having seen the replay he had lots of time and space, but had he left it there was a Donny player rushing in behind him that would probably have smacked it home. Hollands couldn't have known he was there mind..
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 09:31:31 »

Thought we played really well and bossed the game, should have had it sewn up by half time though. Martin (or was it Hollands?) was unlucky with the header but really should have scored the one that hit the bar. We got awful narrow once Roberts came on. Fucking hate that people behind me have made their minds up about him being utter shit (although the most vocal of those people is a fucking dirty Lids fan). The bloke looks completely drained of confidence and the fat fuck at the back of the DRS that had a go at him when he was out doing running on the pitch can get to fuck.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 09:38:12 »

Another dissapointing result yesterday against a poor Donny side in my opinion. Not sure how they're 2nd but I guess they've been winning games like yesterday by being tight at the back and getting the odd goal away from home.

We played a lot better than we have in most games at home this season. We should have had 4 or 5 goals pretty easily but sometimes you just don't get the luck. Hollands OG was horrific luck for us but I still thought we'd go on to win after that but not to be I guess.

Would love to sign Bostock in January. I think he is quality at CM and exactly what we've missed in that position. I'm still unsure on Hollands as when Miller and Navarro are back to full fitness I fail to see what he offers us over them. Shame to see Williams bottle that chance with the keeper. The early season Williams would have buried that. I really rate him but the injuries have hampered him and his form. Hopefully he gets it back soon.

And don't get me started on Roberts. What a waste of space he is becoming. Any other player on the pitch would have buried that with the time and space he had. He looks lazy and largely uninterested. He clearly had talent but he's not producing at the moment and he seems to get worse each time I see him play. New winger in January is needed if he doesn't improve.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 09:46:05 »

I hear Charlie Austin is available for the right fee Cheesy
If only.  That is exactly the sort of player we need, someone who can find the back of the net.  If we had that we'd be ripping this league apart.

Caddis was single out by Five Live in the Birmingham game this evening. Oh what could have been!

I know.  I lost count of the number of times yesterday that Ritchie was crying out for some support or the overlap.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 09:49:45 by joteddyred » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 10:08:23 »

On Sky they stated that Swindon's loss is Birmingham's gain!!  He looked cool, calm and assured yesterday and his overlaps were just like we were used to seeing.  Have Brum got the money to buy him in the January window?
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 10:40:39 »

Another dissapointing result yesterday against a poor Donny side in my opinion. Not sure how they're 2nd but I guess they've been winning games like yesterday by being tight at the back and getting the odd goal away from home.

We played a lot better than we have in most games at home this season. We should have had 4 or 5 goals pretty easily but sometimes you just don't get the luck. Hollands OG was horrific luck for us but I still thought we'd go on to win after that but not to be I guess.

Would love to sign Bostock in January. I think he is quality at CM and exactly what we've missed in that position. I'm still unsure on Hollands as when Miller and Navarro are back to full fitness I fail to see what he offers us over them. Shame to see Williams bottle that chance with the keeper. The early season Williams would have buried that. I really rate him but the injuries have hampered him and his form. Hopefully he gets it back soon.

And don't get me started on Roberts. What a waste of space he is becoming. Any other player on the pitch would have buried that with the time and space he had. He looks lazy and largely uninterested. He clearly had talent but he's not producing at the moment and he seems to get worse each time I see him play. New winger in January is needed if he doesn't improve.

You've pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly! Said all of this when recording the washbag podcast last night. Give it a listen when it becomes available today if you want to listen to your long lost football soul-mate!
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 10:43:52 by dphunt88 » Logged

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 11:03:44 »

I'd agree with the Gary Roberts "good player, no confidence" diagnosis.

Not sure how much truth in it but I was told Roberts has said that until he came here he was never injured or had problems. At the start of the season he looked a different class and is definitely a shadow of that now. Hope he can turn it around for his and our sake.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 11:43:55 »

On Sky they stated that Swindon's loss is Birmingham's gain!!  He looked cool, calm and assured yesterday and his overlaps were just like we were used to seeing.  Have Brum got the money to buy him in the January window?

Lost didn't they,never got all the fuss about Caddis....decent player no doubt but he had plenty of chances to cement a place at Swindon...for his own reasons he decided he wanted away.
Not all fans view no doubt but i for one was/is disapointed on how he went about things,just smacked of when the going got tough,he got going.
Where as someone like Devera who took some nasty stick of the fans a while back on and off the pitch decided to get his head down and he is now reaping the rewards and playing good football.
I really didnt see much evidence of the Caddis,Ritchie partnership being overly good....as with all ex/ current town players i wish him well where ever he ends up.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 11:51:57 »

Caddis is a cunt.

Got told he didnt even want to be here last season, let alone this.

Oh it must be a hard life bringing up a baby and doing a bit of running. Everyone else gets on with it.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 11:58:04 »

I really didnt see much evidence of the Caddis,Ritchie partnership being overly good....

I know nothing about Caddis the man, although his on field demeanour was always exemplary (and he pissed off Jabba, which is terrific) so won't comment on the other things...

But this is either selective memory or a very strange opinion, Ritchie/Caddis down the right was the reason we won games more often than not last year and it's no coincidence that Ritchie hasn't been quite as good without him. We had a fairly significant blip when Caddis was out injured last season, and again, Ritchie didn't perform as well in that time.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 12:01:48 »

I know nothing about Caddis the man, although his on field demeanour was always exemplary (and he pissed off Jabba, which is terrific) so won't comment on the other things...

But this is either selective memory or a very strange opinion, Ritchie/Caddis down the right was the reason we won games more often than not last year and it's no coincidence that Ritchie hasn't been quite as good without him. We had a fairly significant blip when Caddis was out injured last season, and again, Ritchie didn't perform as well in that time.
you can probably add Ferry to that equation - most of our good play went through that triangle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: