Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Doncaster Rovers FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19327 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 12:12:51 »

Fair point.
DRS

« Reply #151 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 12:33:42 »

This caddis thing does my tits.Tell me exactly how him being in the team is going to make our strikers start scoring goals.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 12:54:08 »

All those amazing crosses that he put in to the box. Oh wait.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #153 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 12:58:03 »

I know most clubs have their fair share of loanees at any one time, but whenever we get loan players in the team's form seems to go all to shit.

The problem with loanees, especially when the manager has been banging on about having to bring someone in, is that he has to play them even if they are inferior to what we already have.

Leaving out Ferry to accommodate Hollands seemed perverse to me - as was Collins out for Martin.

If there is to be much in the way of player movement in January I hope it's the current loanees sent back and any new players are permanent signings
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 13:01:45 »

Ferry was injured during the week.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 13:04:00 »

I was encouraged by yesterday as the performance was a lot better than previous weeks. Bostock I thought started a lot of our good moves by getting the ball down and generally tidying things up. Normally in previous weeks it had ended up with teams playing hoofball to each other with the odd game of head tennis. Although we drew if we keep playing like that the goals will most certainly come and we will win more than we lose. Don't really understand the Criticism if Williams as in previous weeks we had looked devoid upfront and this week we had ample chances with Williams always looking to attack their defence. He should have done better but again if he keeps creating chances the goals will come. Devitta I thought was superb yesterday and bring on Roberts for him was a mistake. Also agreed with what some else said with regards to our subs weakening us. After the third sub they seemed to start coming back at us a bit. Don't know if anyone else notices this but after the game Roberts came back out on the pitch with one of our coaches and started doing some runs. A few of our supporters in the drs shouted a few less than encouraging comments. Starting to feel a bit sorry for the fella as I think pdc's fitness regime and his age are not producing the best from him. It's just one of those moves that does not work out. The performance is encouraging for the rest of the season though if we can keep it up.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 13:20:25 »

Banker draw i reckon....Cotterill is a very good player at this level.

1-1..which given the form Donny are in will not be to bad a result.

Spot on
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 13:25:27 »

This caddis thing does my tits.Tell me exactly how him being in the team is going to make our strikers start scoring goals.

Correct.  It's just an excuse for some people to moan about something
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 13:28:15 »

We looked better going forward last year with him in the side. The doesn't = score more goals.

He has moved on to better things. Good luck to him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 16:33:41 »

If only.  That is exactly the sort of player we need, someone who can find the back of the net.  If we had that we'd be ripping this league apart.

I know.  I lost count of the number of times yesterday that Ritchie was crying out for some support or the overlap.

To be truthful,if any team in league one had Austin they would be ripping this division apart

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 18:25:53 »

Just seen the highlights, it's cut tight but Thompson looks very much at fault for their goal.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 20:01:49 »

I thought we were decent yesterday, just couldn't get the second goal.

I agree that Thompson was at fault for their goal, not too much Holland's could do about it, and I thought he looked good, especially with the ball.

Bostock ran the game, and I thought De Vita played very well too.

Doncaster were a horrible side, never intended to try and win the game and they shouldn't have.

But still positive to completely outplay the team in 2nd place.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 20:13:25 »

What I didn't realise, and what was in no way evident from yesterday's performance, was that Doncaster had the best away record in league 1.

Where was barn door Billy* for them? Injured I assume ?

* Can't remember who named him that, I like it.
Flashheart

« Reply #163 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 20:15:35 »

Where was barn door Billy* for them? Injured I assume ?

On leave because his Nan popped her clogs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, December 9, 2012, 20:17:24 »

On leave because his Nan popped her clogs.

Oh, that's not so good Sad
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: