Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26716 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 15:36:25 »

I have been meaning to ask Del?!

Shut it dr evil Wink I have no idea, i've never watched it in my life. I got asked for my autograph in ireland last year some kid was convinced i was dom joly.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 18:24:14 »

Shut it dr evil Wink I have no idea, i've never watched it in my life. I got asked for my autograph in ireland last year some kid was convinced i was dom joly.

A cheap shot and can't help feeling you've just picked the first bald guy who's come to mind. :-) Could have been worse though.

At least Dom Jolly is from Swindon I suppose, even if he is a bit of a twat. Are you one of those thespians who doesn't like watching themselves then?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 18:29:31 »

Joly was born in Beirut, lives near Cirencester and regularly takes the piss out of Swindon on Twitter.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 19:47:44 »

Joly was born in Beirut, lives near Cirencester and regularly takes the piss out of Swindon on Twitter.

Julian Clary and Mark LeMarr aren't averse to the occasional dig at Swindon. Cunts.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 20:00:16 »

Can never understand why 2nd rate comedians enjoy taking the piss out of Swindon. From an outsiders point of view (I have lived in Swindon 16 years), Swindon is distinctly average, it has its good points, and its bad, like 90% of the UK, it has plenty of nice folk and its fair share of plebs. Surely if you wanted towns and cities to abuse there are much more deserving places than Swindon?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 20:06:03 »

Can never understand why 2nd rate comedians enjoy taking the piss out of Swindon. From an outsiders point of view (I have lived in Swindon 16 years), Swindon is distinctly average, it has its good points, and its bad, like 90% of the UK, it has plenty of nice folk and its fair share of plebs. Surely if you wanted towns and cities to abuse there are much more deserving places than Swindon?

And then of course there was The Office ridiculing Swindon constantly. Seemed to recall a transfer to Swindon from the Slough office was much derided. Gervais is from Reading so maybe a case of getting one over on us.
Flashheart

« Reply #231 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 20:09:15 »

Can't understand why people get defensive about a town.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 20:13:41 »

I'm not defensive of Swindon in the slightest, more bemused as to why it seems to be such a popular place to take the piss out of.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 20:14:47 »

Because it's grey, dull and boringly generic.

But it's OUR grey, dull, boringly generic town, and others have NO RIGHT slagging it off.

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 20:28:43 »

Can't understand why people get defensive about a town.

Because some of us are proud of its heritage and history...and get pissed off when some jumped up twat takes the piss.
Its the reason why people get defensive about there own footy teams....exactly the same.
Flashheart

« Reply #235 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 21:04:21 »

I'm only British/White/from Swindon/working class/whatever because those are the circumstances I was born into. I can give myself a little credit for being educated but I was still very fortunate to be born in a country where that education was available. To be upset at jokes about any of these would be akin to me being upset at jokes about the colour of my eyes.

And I had the option not to go to football matches so they are nothing alike at all.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 26, 2012, 21:08:48 by Flashheart » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 21:30:20 »

Swindon is just one of those towns that has become synonymous with having the piss taken out of it. Not a lot wrong with the place aside from that new traffic system round where the old police station was
Coca Fola

« Reply #237 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 21:32:18 »

In all honesty Swindon is a shit hole, but in a good way.
Flashheart

« Reply #238 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 21:35:30 »

I actually quite like Swindon.

Plenty of countryside to enjoy. Granted the nightlife isn't all that but I'm rather partial to choosing a local and sticking with it anyway.

Still don't understand the need for some to be so defensive though.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 21:38:02 »

it's all bollocks anyway, find me a town of the equivalent size or larger that doesn't have really shit areas, a badly developed town/city centre, identical shops and some nice bits.

some parts of Oslo look really grim but are massively popular with hipsters because it's a "cool" area...it's all relative.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: