Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26584 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 17:17:11 »

Or the newer grounds which are usually found in soulless leisure complexes. Wigan Athletic's ground immediately springs to mind.

Would much rather we had Manchester road to walk up to the ground than what Wigan or Reading have. The walk up when the floodlights are on is the best thing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 17:54:53 »

Would much rather we had Manchester road to walk up to the ground than what Wigan or Reading have. The walk up when the floodlights are on is the best thing.

Manchester Road was a place of wonder for me. I've never lived in Swindon, and always walked with my dad to the ground down Queens Drive, so when I started coming on the train from Swansea/London and going through Manchester Road it was weird to see all these multicultural shops that I never knew Swindon had. I normally walk along Station Road if I'm in a hurry though- foot traffic is a lot less busy in run-up to KO. Seems that Manchester Road is a place of 'pride' according to the Adver. The comments on this particular article would put some of those on the Daily Mail to shame. http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8345169.Manchester_Road_is_a_place_of_pride/

And that walk up to the CG with the Floodlights on is the best. No feeling like it.
Flashheart

« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 17:59:38 »

I used to live on Manchester road right across from the bus station. Pashas (is that place still there?) was my local late night drinking hole.

It was............ interesting.

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:18:21 »

The Manny Rd area is a ghetto and fucking horrible. Its still getting progressvely worse . Why anyone would judge a town on that area though is daft considering there are 200,000+ residents here. My mum grew up in Portsmouth St and said county road was for the well off in them days and the area around the county ground itself was nice. Its horrible now.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:22:22 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:09:18 »

I used to live on Manchester road right across from the bus station. Pashas (is that place still there?) was my local late night drinking hole.

The building is still there but the last owner is on remand i think for Cocain dealing...empty and i think it is called Angelo's now.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:20:08 »

And you moved to Bangkok.  Im sure that has areas like the Manny Road!

Never knowingly overstated.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:35:06 »

And you moved to Bangkok.  Im sure that has areas like the Manny Tranny Road!

Fixed.
Flashheart

« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:39:12 »

And you moved to Bangkok.  Im sure that has areas like the Manny Road!

There is no equivalent of manny road because sex is readily for sale.

*Edit

That's not exactly true cos on the lower levels of Sukhumvit you get the Eastern Bloc hoes and the African hoes with MAHOOSIVE butslike bookshelves. Bangkok's equivalent to Manny road is lower Sukhumvit but it's a very different place. Great place for a late drink. (No, I am not into the whoring)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:44:09 by Flashheart » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:42:53 »

You have a point.  My bloody morals stopped me buying.  Curses. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:45:01 »

You have a point.  My bloody morals stopped me buying.  Curses. 

Curse your morals
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:54:53 »

I vaguely remember there being a butchers shop there for years,a friend used to be a delivery boy....a bike with a big basket on the front.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 12:35:45 »

You've got to remember were in a league now where there are so many metropolitan sophisticated towns and cities represented.

Crawley, Doncaster, Oldham, Stevenage, Colchester, Walsall, Bury, Scunthorpe, Hartlepool... the list goes on.

Its understandable that people take the piss out of Swindon.

Its just another town.  Shitty towns abound over our lovely green and pleasant isle.

Crawley is a shit hole, but the surrounding area is home to lots of affluent areas.  Crawley is also situated smack bang in the middle of the London to Brighton line, and where other South Coast lines converge.  It has also boasted the highest employment rates in the past due to it's locality to Gatwick Airport.

Other than being home to a few young mums and chavs, I don't see why Crawley is despised so much or has such a bad reputation, other than Steve Evans used to be their manager?

I lived in Crawley for 14 years, and think it's a great place to grow up.  I'm firmly routed to the South East now, although choose to live outside Crawley.
Flashheart

« Reply #267 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 12:37:19 »

Notts County are 150 years old today fact fans.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 21:22:26 »

Notts County are 150 years old today fact fans.

Old bastards.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: