Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 26712 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 14:16:13 »

It's just that your assertion that the top 6 would be MK, B'muff, Brentford, Sheff U, Preston & Doncaster rather suggested that we would not be making the play offs this season Hmmm

That's how I see it, the last 2 times we've reached the PO's but slipped up, we've had 2, 20 goal strikers up front....Parkin/Mooney, Paynter/Austin....although not strictly necessary as last season showed, we do seem a bit short of a regular goalscorer...maybe Martin might get his arse into gear.

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 14:27:22 »

To be right up there considering we've lost six and drawn five shows how tight it is this season. A side or two will put a run together ,I hope we are one of them.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 15:48:42 »

When i went out in nottingham a few years back me and ralphy ended up in a stripclub in the middle of an industrial estate about 5 miles out of town. Was bizarre seeing the strippers stood outside having a fag break and not wearing coats. Cool
That sounds like the Black Orchid Tans, a revolving dance floor? I took a Sunday league team up to Notts for the weekend a few years ago, they loved it and most of them got laid more than once. Two of the lads were  a bit young to get in the clubs so they went back to the hotel early both nights, When we left we all had to chip in to pay their room bill for in house movies  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 16:03:49 by Notts red » Logged
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 18:37:56 »

This is the poorest League 1 in years. If you look back over the past 5 - 10 years you'll see the calibre of teams that were playing then compared to now. With our budget we have to be looking at the PO minimum and we're on course to do that. It's wide open this year.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 21:43:26 »

This is the poorest League 1 in years. If you look back over the past 5 - 10 years you'll see the calibre of teams that were playing then compared to now. With our budget we have to be looking at the PO minimum and we're on course to do that. It's wide open this year.

Another opinion based on nothing other than size of club. Brilliant!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 00:30:27 »

I had a decent night out in Nottingham, got back home about 3pm this afternoon...one of those frustrating games where we created a lot of chances but couldn't stick it in the back of the net! I thought County's back 4 were awful so I was surprised we didn't grab an equaliser! Anyway hanging still, 3 days off work to recover and a little break from proceedings over the next few weeks to recharge the batteries! I think we need to go on a run between now and New Year to get some consistency and try to get in that top 6 at the end of the season!

#VivaKenBarlow!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 08:27:28 »

Midtable wouldn't be a total disaster, I do think these comments from Di Canio are about trying to temper fans' expectations more than anything though.

We're still close enough to the teams at the top that a decent run over the christmas and new year period and we'll be right there. No reason that couldn't happen with the squad we've got.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 09:18:26 »

Another opinion based on nothing other than size of club. Brilliant!

What are you on about? I said the calibre of teams not clubs. Go back a few years and you'll see what I mean. There is no stand out team this year.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 09:33:06 »

http://thewashbag.com/2012/11/26/notts-county-1-swindon-town-0-an-increasingly-familiar-scoreline/

Link to my match report for the washbag. Utterly frustrating defeat. Wouldn't have scored if we'd played another hour!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 09:44:42 »

What are you on about? I said the calibre of teams not clubs. Go back a few years and you'll see what I mean. There is no stand out team this year.

Not sure what you mean by a "stand out team"? Tranny have been top for the last few months. Plus just because a league doesn't have a stand out team doesn't make it a poor league. It means teams are more even so makes it more exciting i would have thought.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 10:57:46 »

Not sure what you mean by a "stand out team"? Tranny have been top for the last few months. Plus just because a league doesn't have a stand out team doesn't make it a poor league. It means teams are more even so makes it more exciting i would have thought.

I didn't say anything about if its more or less exciting. My point is teams in this league in years gone by have been far stronger than this years bunch. We'll soon see about Tranmere, they've had a good start I agree.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 11:31:36 »

My point is teams in this league in years gone by have been far stronger than this years bunch.

Do they? Based on what? I thought it was pretty similar. No reason why the standard should be any lower than normal IMO. That's why i thought you were referring to the size of club. Apologies if i misunderstood.

We'll soon see about Tranmere, they've had a good start I agree.

We will indeed, and obviously i'm still hoping they slip up. At the moment they are obviously the stand out team though.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 26, 2012, 14:51:56 by Paolo69 » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 13:43:09 »

http://thewashbag.com/2012/11/26/notts-county-1-swindon-town-0-an-increasingly-familiar-scoreline/

Link to my match report for the washbag. Utterly frustrating defeat. Wouldn't have scored if we'd played another hour!

Wouldn't have scored if we'd been there now and county had gone home on saturday to be fair.  Forgot to mention the stewards were good, had a fag at half time and with 15 mins left ( lucky fag that didnt work) So top marks to them even if they were convinced i am in eastenders?? Programme very good also, bar not so good, how do you manage to run out of lager before the half time rush?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 14:53:12 »

So top marks to them even if they were convinced i am in eastenders??

I have been meaning to ask Del?!
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, November 26, 2012, 15:10:22 »

I have been meaning to ask Del?!

Clap
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: