Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629046 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 17:18:17 »

In fairness, giving the captaincy to Michael Owen was bananas. More symptomatic of the FA being incompetent than racist mind.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #556 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 17:23:19 »

Diego Costa
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 17:42:36 »

In fairness, giving the captaincy to Michael Owen was bananas. More symptomatic of the FA being incompetent than racist mind.
The FA don't pick the captain, the England manager does. Which, or is it all, of the managers he played under, none of whom thought he was a suitable captain, does he think were racist(s)?
Flashheart

« Reply #558 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 17:48:04 »

The FA don't pick the captain, the England manager does. Which, or is it all, of the managers he played under, none of whom thought he was a suitable captain, does he think were racist(s)?

And for some of those games another black man, Paul Ince, was captain.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #559 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 18:31:53 »

His post football career has dried up and he needs some publicity.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #560 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 20:58:53 »

Diego Costa

Angry Diego Costa is great, he first came to my notice a couple of years ago when he was on loan at Rayo...seemed to fit right in with the working class spirit of the Vallecas.  One of these kids whose come out of the poor end of Brazilian street football and made something of himself by hard graft.

I particularly liked it when he turned down the Scousers in the summer, who'd met his buy out clause, because he felt a loyalty to Simeone and Atletico.

Should have had 3 pens today, but we know that Real just don't get those kind of decisions against them very often.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 21:09:27 »

3 pens for 3 blatant dives? He was lucky not to get sent off
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Sunday, March 2, 2014, 22:25:58 »

3 pens for 3 blatant dives? He was lucky not to get sent off

I suppose it's only natural, you'd be a supporter of Generalismo Franco's outfit  Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Monday, March 3, 2014, 00:07:21 »

Perhaps not the best word to use in the context...  Girl Giggle
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 10:30:51 »

Not really been following the story much, but Birmingham Owner Carson Yeung jailed for 6 years for money laundering.  Fit and proper persons?

Never knowingly overstated.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 12:38:20 »

I can't believe that the red card in the arsenal game was not carried over to oxlade.
Because the ball was going wide of the goal his full length dive at the ball was deemed not denying a goal scoring opportunity. If you remove the confusion over who did it, it is in my eyes crazy to think that arsenal would have been given the opportunity to appeal.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 12:43:43 »

Because the ball was going wide of the goal his full length dive at the ball was deemed not denying a goal scoring opportunity.
Well it wasn't (denying a goal scoring opportunity). His intention was clearly to deny a goal scoring opportunity but that's not what the rule says, the rule is about what you actually do, not what your intention is. I agree it should be a red card offence to intend to deny a goal scoring opportunity as well, but it isn't currently.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 13:07:17 »

Well it wasn't (denying a goal scoring opportunity). His intention was clearly to deny a goal scoring opportunity but that's not what the rule says, the rule is about what you actually do, not what your intention is. I agree it should be a red card offence to intend to deny a goal scoring opportunity as well, but it isn't currently.

i understand why it wasnt given due to the current rules. I just find it incredible.
This is the first instance I can think of where someone sent off for hand ball on the line has had it rescinded.
DMR

« Reply #568 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 13:36:56 »

The area is grey enough as it is, with individual interpretation overwhat is or isn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Adding preceived intent, or otherwise, would only make it more complicated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Thursday, March 27, 2014, 14:19:50 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26757483

I'm a big fan of this. Orient are having a great season, just enjoy it while it lasts.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: