Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats the best exercise for weightloss  (Read 16787 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 21:39:31 »

Yes, I have mudguards on my bike as of yesterday. I reckon I can do 1000 cals on 13 miles. Might only be 3 times a week mind.

And no I didn't realise it was as much as -1000 cals a day. So exercise is much more important than I thought. Thanks for pointing it out (genuinely).
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 21:46:18 »

Lets have a race!

Im 17stone  10 and 1/2 Shocked

I'm not staying for the Weight Watchers talks,just got the booklets and will go for the weigh in. I can't be doing with listening to some fat old hag crying because she at an Iced Bun in the week.

Seems to be alot of food to eat a day with the Plan,more than id normally eat (just healthier stuff)

/
W56196272
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 21:53:20 »

I lost a fair bit of weight a while back just by cutting out all the really bad stuff (chocolate, crisps, snacks), doing about an hour a day in the gym and still eating what I wanted (pizza, curry etc). Worked for me. Except I've put it back on again.

Keep meaning to start again but haven't got round to it.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 21:59:26 »

Lets have a race!

Im 17stone  10 and 1/2 Shocked

I'm not staying for the Weight Watchers talks,just got the booklets and will go for the weigh in. I can't be doing with listening to some fat old hag crying because she at an Iced Bun in the week.

Seems to be alot of food to eat a day with the Plan,more than id normally eat (just healthier stuff)

At my heaviest I was 21 stone 10lb  Hide

Dont buy the Weight Watchers sausages, they are vile and way beyond human consumption. If you like a sausage and dont want to compromise on the taste of a juicy Cumberland then go to Sainsburys and get The be Good To Yourself Cumberland Sausages. Weight Watchers do some fantastic Yoghurts, currently 4 for a quid in Asda. If you like chocolate try Dark Kit Kats or a few squares of Bourneville, dark chocolate has a more satisfying effect on the brain. If you like crispy type snacks, the obvious are the Snack a Jacks, although Jacols have just come out with a baked crisp type thing called Oddities, The Smokey bacon ones are wonderful, and very low on fat and calories!  Eat
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 22:01:48 »

Im not that arsed about chocolate..Bread .Biscuits and Crisps are more of a problem.

/
W56196272
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 23:24:26 »

I'm 10 stone and hovering around that for years, want to put on weight but even if i pig out as i often do i cant put on excess, but i'd like to, any advice please?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 00:13:13 »

It will sound like I'm fishing for a reaction, but the answer to gain more weight is to eat more every day.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 00:14:08 »

4 pages and no one has said shagging and lots of it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 06:16:31 »

Lets have a race!

Im 17stone  10 and 1/2

I'm 17st 6 according to the scales yesterday. Game on Smiley

4 pages and no one has said shagging and lots of it.

I'm married, that'll be as effective as watching TV
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 06:18:44 by Batch » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 06:20:12 »

I'm 10 stone and hovering around that for years, want to put on weight but even if i pig out as i often do i cant put on excess, but i'd like to, any advice please?

What Si said; eat more. Go for six meals a day. Plenty of protein to build muscle mass. You could try protein shakes too.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 06:23:25 »

13.  4 which is overweight for my height ( or lack of) I also have a place in London marathon so I better get started

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 07:53:58 »

I have got brilliant results using the 5:2 diet combined with healthy eating.

I eat nothing with any more than 5% fat, have cut out all alcohol and eat a strict 2,500 to 2,700 calories per day for 5 days a week, then 2 days a week that are not next to each other...I use Monday and Thursday...I eat no more than 600 calories per day. It's difficult at the start but persevere with it and the rewards are well worth it. Make sure you drink at least 2 litres of fluid per day, low sugar drinks obviously.

And as most of you know on here I am almost unable to do any exercise due to severe ongoing health problems but the weight loss is pretty dramatic.

I started the diet 9 weeks ago and have lost 14 kilos so far which equates to about 3 pounds per week for a total loss so far of about 2 and a quarter stone.

Obviously I need to lose more than probably any one else on here and because of my imposed sedentary lifestyle I am pretty strict with myself on it.

Mine is also being monitored by the doctor every week but he has stated that this has to be considered as a new way of life and not a diet and I am happy to continue on it, with failing health and being just the wrong side of 45 I thought it was time I did something.

EDIT: stike that, I just weighed in and its 15 and a half kilos in 9 weeks so its 2 and a half stone Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 08:15:00 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 08:11:27 »

And dont get hung up on the BMI results, mine say that i am overweight at 220 lbs and 6ft 2 . What it dosent take into account is lean muscle

Sad to say, i must be on my way
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 08:26:31 »

yeo, don't let society dictate to you what is beautiful! be happy in your skin <3
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 08:41:57 »

Good luck Batch.

Are you combining that with exercise too? 2lbs per week is -1000 cals per day (as I'm sure you know) and getting by on just 1000 cals won't be much fun.

Doesn't that equate to 4 or 5 pints a day?

I can recommend being given jobs to do around the house as a good way to lose weight and get fit. I cycle to work every day now and shifting gravel and soil etc has helped burn the calories Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: