Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dirty Serbian cunts!,  (Read 14908 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 20:43:49 »

Linking racism and violence in a football ground to wars a nation has been involved in. Cracking stuff TEF, Coca Fola in particular could write the sequel to Escape to Victory.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 20:47:03 »

Linking racism and violence in a football ground to wars a nation has been involved in. Cracking stuff TEF, Coca Fola in particular could write the sequel to Escape to Victory.

Given his heritage he could play one of the guards...

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 20:49:47 »

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 21:23:47 »

From the video clips I've seen it looked pretty bad. Didn't see any of the England players or staff reacting to it, other than Rose kicking a ball, most seemed pretty calm and just got off the pitch. The Serbs seemed the aggressors, you can see two of them kicking out and plenty of others going for it. Plus the stream of missiles raining down on the pitch. Though maybe there is another side to it that the videos don't show, doubt it though.

The real problem is UEFA will do fuck all about it and the FA will respond with a few sternly worded press releases.

I'd be happy for the FA to tell UEFA to sort their shit out or withdraw from their competitions until they do. It needs some kind of bold statement or action or they'll never get real about these problems. If that stuff happened in a PL game the shit would hit the fan and rightly so.
Coca Fola

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 21:33:27 »

If I was Croatian then maybe..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:35:07 »

Yeh, Lesce Bled a very idyllic place to spend some time.

It's a beautiful place to hire a boat and row your mrs to the 13th century church, although rowing back takes it out of you a little!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:51:29 »

Interesting that this should happen on the same day this article has been published by UEFA. Let's see how their actions stack up to their claims.

http://m.uefa.com/uefa/news/1877138/
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 23:12:45 »

Interesting that this should happen on the same day this article has been published by UEFA. Let's see how their actions stack up to their claims.

http://m.uefa.com/uefa/news/1877138/

Think they've already answered. No mention of the trouble on their website, except a reference in the match report of the red card for Rose and they give the impression that was for fighting with the opposition after the whistle;

http://www.uefa.com/under21/season=2013/matches/round=2000193/match=2010667/postmatch/report/index.html#england+serbia

If this had been the other way round, Platini would have already held a press conference announcing the length of our ban.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 23:15:19 »

How many times does something like this have to happen before UEFA/FIFA do something meaningful?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 06:13:43 »

the problem there is you're expecting UEFA/FIFA to do something meaningful.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 06:16:35 »

They'll probably insist Rose shakes the hand of each and every Serbian fan abusing him. That solves all the problems, innit.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 06:27:15 »

If this had been the other way round, Platini would have already held a press conference announcing the length of our ban.

Whilst the events of last night were inexcusable I do wish some England fans would drop the victim mentality.

Sorry just wanted to clarify, by victim mentality I mean the whole 'if this had been the other way round' rubbish that gets roll out every time something like this happens in Europe.

England were dealt with harshly in the 80's after 39 people were killed by mindless thuggery, not because their fans were racist bastards.

What I don't mean by victim mentality is being on the  end of racist abuse, as that like I say it not right.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 06:29:30 by janaage » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 06:43:41 »

Genuine question, how did Britain deal with racism in the 1980s. I remember the big bananas, monkey chants and such like in significant numbers. I just don't remember how we got rid of them, other than I presume with banning orders.

I guess in smaller numbers its still there, but we somehow made it unacceptable to rear its ugly head.

Let me say I detest racism. Its stupidity of the highest order. But I can sort of see what Jan means.

I think its a national Serbian mentality problem here, I'm not sure how FIFA can change the mentality of a nation overnight.

A £20K fine won't do it, perhaps bans will make the Serbian FA sit up and take notice and do something. But FIFA will sweep it under the carpet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 07:39:42 »

Given the history of the region it's actually a lot more appropriate than the usual throw-away stuff. All of the major protagonists in the civil war to some extent used hooligans as their proxies in the build-up to the conflict (e.g. the infamous Dynamo Zagreb v Red Star Belgrade riot is still marked by some Croats as the start of their war of independence from Croatia) and many ultra-nationalist hooligan/criminal gangs actively participated in the war as some of the most brutal militias e.g. Arkan's "Tigers" came out of the Red Star Belgrade hooligan gang he led. There isn't the neat line of separation in many areas of the world between criminals v hooligans v ultranationalist/fascist gangs and some politicians are all too ready to exploit that (e.g. in Argentina as well). So I don't think Coca Fola was as far wide of the mark as you're assuming

I think its a national Serbian mentality problem here, I'm not sure how FIFA can change the mentality of a nation overnight.
They can't it's a problem for Serbian society to deal with. What FIFA can and should do is say they don't want the team participating in international competitions until their society has cleaned up it's act, at least to the extent that visiting teams can expect to play a game of football without molestation.
Panda Paws

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:30:42 »

The FA have made a rod for their own backs with their leniency of JT, tough for them go to UEFA asking for the book to be thrown at Serbia when back home it's just a slap on the wrist for their skipper....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: