Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34978 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:56:21 »

People bitch about PDC's spending. There's no denying he has money to play with.

Wilson had at least 350k to spend on a striker in the relegation season..... He bought Elliot Benyon
I'm not saying you're wrong but are you sure??
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:58:51 »

People been banging on about Bostock starting-how did he do,folks that were there?

He played like a midfielder playing up front. We wasn't that bad and had some good touches, but we needed a physical presence up front (like Williams) and that's not Bostock's game.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:59:56 »

Fucking hell you are a miserable bastard OST, get a life fella.That said, you made me laugh with your 'twatter' comment earlier - brilliant!  

Adje - Bostock did ok but saw little of the ball, decent shot saved but couldn't really get into it. I would have subbed Ferry off instead of him and put him in centre midfield.

Up untill the disallowed goal we were fairly garbage and Coventry looked good. A great fightback with the crowd getting behind the players and we could have won it at the end.

Flint and Ward are quite scary as a partnership and I have my doubts over Flints ability at League 1 level.

Overall a great comeback and you have to be pleased with a point after going 2-0 down.
Flashheart

« Reply #153 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:02:18 »

I believe that was the 'accepted' bid for Joe Mason(?). there or thereabouts.
Flashheart

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:07:37 »

It's all about balance though. Some times you need to focus on the positives i.e. today was a fantastic come back (yes he acknowledged it briefly) but if you keep going on and on and on and on about how you've got to get better, it grinds people down. These are young lads we're talking about (even Tommy Miller is a young lad to me) and they're playing in the 3rd division for a reason. They need to be cut some slack occasionally (although for the sake of balance, I note he has given them 2 days off).

People were saying this stuff last season. It worked then, and it's working now.

For how many seasons will it take for people to realise that, whether they like it or not, PDC's management style is working

*** Just for balance and so I don't get accused of wanting to suck PDC's cock...... He needs to grow up where money is concerned.
Flashheart

« Reply #155 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:09:52 »

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/SWINDON-RIGHT/story-11652876-detail/story.html
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:10:50 »

For how many seasons will it take for people to realise that, whether they like it or not, PDC's management style is working
If her gets us up again this season I will accept it. Write it down.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:12:56 »

I'm not going to read that. I believe you Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:14:27 »

If her gets us up again this season I will accept it. Write it down.

Noted for prosterity
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:18:05 »

Fucking hell you are a miserable bastard OST, get a life fella.That said, you made me laugh with your 'twatter' comment earlier - brilliant!  

You just wouldn't believe how un-miserable I am in real life Christopher. I can assure you, I type with a smile on my face...a bit like this one... Yes...that smilie was actually based on me...FACT!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:18:39 »

Entertaining game. Good spirit to fight back.

Swindon and Coventry fans both signing 'we hate oxford' on the train made me laugh.

We will play a lot worse teams this season and we will play worse and win, we are in a strong position, 2 points off autos in mid October is a good position to be in. I think we will improve as the season goes on.

Roll on Scunthorpe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:20:09 »

I think that PDC's point about Benson is that he was what we needed last year. He  is a good solid professional and a good striker at L2 level. However, he isn't a top level striker at L1, unlike some of the players we have come up against in L1 e.g McGoldrick has Championship experience and is a much more clinical finisher. Its not just PDC that thinks that Benson doesn't cut it at the top end of L1, but obviously Charlton did too, which is why he didn't get a look in there.

PDC's message was that if the board want to look to move the club into the Championship, we are going to have to upgrade some of the remaining players, as they are not good enough to take us up.

As for signing a quality striker, I think that PDC's answer is that he has - Williams. However, with Williams out for a month then our 'bit part players' aren't capable of filling the gap. If we want to maintain a challenge for the next month then we need an adequate replacement. Furthermore, I think that PDC's thinking is that if we are planning on going up, we need to build for next year, so that we can maintain a place in the Championship.

It appears that it is in the board's hands to be able to lift the embargo - Many on here have suggested that one of the money men at the club could potentially put money in e.g Betfair sponsorship perhaps. I think PDC is wanting to know if that is going to happen or not.

I think his final point was that, if the board say that they dont want to invest more, then PDC will stop working on identifying players for a Championship push. He will change the way that he manages the team and possibly play a different style or develop the players in a different way.

His poor English and Italian passion make him sound more of a loon than he really is methinks!

« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:22:19 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:22:57 »

I think that PDC's point about Benson is that he was what we needed last year. He  is a good solid professional and a good striker at L2 level. However, he isn't a top level striker at L1, unlike some of the players we have come up against in L1 e.g McGoldrick has Championship experience and is a much clinical finisher. Its not just PDC that thinks that, but obviously Charlton did too, which is why he didn't get a look in there.

I'm not saying he's wrong in what he says NMH, but do you really think he should say that in a post match interview?? really??
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:23:59 »

I'm not saying he's wrong in what he says NMH, but do you really think he should say that in a post match interview?? really??
No, I don't.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 17:27:11 »

People been banging on about Bostock starting-how did he do,folks that were there?

He didn't play badly, but the system just didn't work. Two things he isn't, a) a ball winner b) a striker/finisher.

I think he put in some very good passes with quick thinkingand intelligence  (good "footballing brain") . Unfortunately he only had one man playing ahead of him and so had limited options at times. I wonder if he'd have had more luck if there was a quicker striker ahead of him, or even 2 strikers.

I've taken the time to consider it and, whilst the things he says annoy me rather a lot sometimes, I'd rather Paolo in charge than the likes of Danny Wilson.

I think you are right.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: