Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34947 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:14:16 »

We're you there?
yup, for both halves

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:20:08 »

I really cannot fathom that comment. Coventry's fans made a noise when they were winning, sure enough, but were not particularly vocal otherwise. In terms of numbers, very disappointing (& surprising). The Town End was in good voice throughout...and nearly 9,000 of our fans there was an impressive turn out as well.

Most positive aspect for me today was a Plan B from Paolo that worked. Individually, I wouldn't really criticise any of the 3 who came off (Ferry, Benson, Bostock). But the system wasn't working - particularly Benson up front on his own. The change in formation changed the game. Paolo should take credit for that.

Donkey was spot on with his comment to me at approx 4.15pm...we nearly did go on to win from 2-0 down. We were never out of it. On balance though, happy with the point.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:23:44 by Ardiles » Logged
dell returns

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:24:54 »

Enjoyed being back at a game today.
Thought Coventry were well organised for 70 minutes and their support good.
The atmosphere changed on bad decisions from the lino and ref and seemed to motivate us.
Was the goal offside, didn't look it from where I was sitting?
Thought Louis Thompson was man of the match, fantastic commitment, he was on his last legs at the end.
Darren Ward an absolute donkey for me, and not impressed with Gary Roberts (I believe he was made man of the match).
Rated Bostock last season in his last couple of games but a total fairy today, get stuck in son.

Pleased with a draw, great to be back watching the Town, cannot say what we have been earlier this season, but what I saw today we are diff not good for top six.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:27:00 »

Frankly there has been some shit on here today.  Outplayed is one comment and another one I saw way back says the ref went easy on us.  As I was actually there let me give you my two penneth.

We didnt deserve to go in at 2 nil down.  We did hit the post an bought out good saves from there keeper.

They had 2 chances and scored them both.  Im sure PDC is concerned about the set piece defending as it was shit.

The referee lost it in the first half.  He allowed players from both sides to make robust challenges in the air.  Benson was subject to several which went unpunished.  There weren't really any hard challenges on the ground, just little hack and trips.  Nothing serious.

The second half was pretty moribund until the last 20 when PDC's tactical nous came into play.  we had the game at that point and did really well to come back.  Would have won the game if their keeper hadn't been on form.  

The ref continued being shit.  The incident where Flint had a little bit of afters with mcgoldrick who then kicked out pathetically catching Flint was either 2 red for violent conduct off the ball or nothing.  How it was a yellow to Flint and a yellow to a random Coventry player who was not involved would have been laughable if I hadnt been desperately trying not to shout CUUUUUUNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! in front of my kids.

After this the Cov players decided to dive to the floor as often as possible.  This culminated a large amount of the crowd booing and slow hand clapping when which ever of their players was actually injured.

Ive seen comments saying the ref let us off.  Lets look at our 5 yellow cards.

Mcceveley - silly trip.  Nothing malicious.
Thompson - again a bit of a trip.  Nowt malicious.
Roberts - Another silly trip after losing the ball, not a hack, just a little trip.
Collins - Taking his shirt off.
Flint - Yellow carded for getting kicked.  Bizzare.

Also we should have had a pen in the first half when Benson was through in the box.

We played well.  Good football against a committed team under new management.  Some times a little to much in the way of long balls but also a lot of good football.

Crowd was allright from our side, quite noisy from them.  But then again we outsang shrewsbury when we went there.  Away fans tend to be louder.

More possesion, more attempts at goals, just wouldn't go in.

Anyway, I noticed a lot of police around.  Seemed to be some naughtiness after the match.  Anyone see owt goin on.

Never knowingly overstated.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:35:27 »

Fully agree Saxondale.

Still like to know how McGoldrick didn't even get booked for those 2 swallow dives as well.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:36:56 »

Thought Louis Thompson was man of the match, fantastic commitment, he was on his last legs at the end.

*Nathan

#VivaKenBarlow!
red_army

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:41:59 »

You missed the shove by flint just before the Coventry player reacted then ?  I think that Flint was lucky to stay on the pitch.. Although the afters continued and 2 of their players then reacted to Flints push.... Yellow card was a relief !!!!!
   Cheesy
[/quote]
jaylad

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:44:54 »

Frankly there has been some shit on here today.  Outplayed is one comment and another one I saw way back says the ref went easy on us.  As I was actually there let me give you my two penneth.

We didnt deserve to go in at 2 nil down.  We did hit the post an bought out good saves from there keeper.

They had 2 chances and scored them both.  Im sure PDC is concerned about the set piece defending as it was shit.

The referee lost it in the first half.  He allowed players from both sides to make robust challenges in the air.  Benson was subject to several which went unpunished.  There weren't really any hard challenges on the ground, just little hack and trips.  Nothing serious.

The second half was pretty moribund until the last 20 when PDC's tactical nous came into play.  we had the game at that point and did really well to come back.  Would have won the game if their keeper hadn't been on form.  

The ref continued being shit.  The incident where Flint had a little bit of afters with mcgoldrick who then kicked out pathetically catching Flint was either 2 red for violent conduct off the ball or nothing.  How it was a yellow to Flint and a yellow to a random Coventry player who was not involved would have been laughable if I hadnt been desperately trying not to shout CUUUUUUNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! in front of my kids.

After this the Cov players decided to dive to the floor as often as possible.  This culminated a large amount of the crowd booing and slow hand clapping when which ever of their players was actually injured.

Ive seen comments saying the ref let us off.  Lets look at our 5 yellow cards.

Mcceveley - silly trip.  Nothing malicious.
Thompson - again a bit of a trip.  Nowt malicious.
Roberts - Another silly trip after losing the ball, not a hack, just a little trip.
Collins - Taking his shirt off.

Also we should have had a pen in the first half when Benson was through in the box.

We played well.  Good football against a committed team under new management.  Some times a little to much in the way of long balls but also a lot of good football.

Crowd was allright from our side, quite noisy from them.  But then again we outsang shrewsbury when we went there.  Away fans tend to be louder.

More possesion, more attempts at goals, just wouldn't go in.

Anyway, I noticed a lot of police around.  Seemed to be some naughtiness after the match.  Anyone see owt goin on.

Saw a group of lads with Burberry running on fleming way. One of them almost got ran over, but they shot off down a back street. No idea what was going on
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:02:02 by jaylad » Logged
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:46:41 »

He was kicked off the ball, that's violent conduct and a red card, no matter the provocation.  I did say in the post it was either 2 reds or nothing.  Mcgoldrick was the one who kicked Flint.  Not the random player who the ref decided to yellow card.

Yeah I did miss Flints shove.  A kick is a kick though.

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:48:53 »

Perhaps he meant personnel.

I.E. injuries

According to my friend he said "Well done on the result and on what has been a difficult week for you personally"
Dozno9

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:54:20 »

Didn't McCeverly get booked for booting the ball into the stand?

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 18:54:48 »

Stolen from elsewhere, todays goals

Dozno9

« Reply #192 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:01:04 »

Wes made a bit of a hash for the second. Should have subbed him after the first. Then again that's all he had to do all game.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:05:05 »

Didn't McCeverly get booked for booting the ball into the stand?

Yep.  You're right Im wrong.

As did their keeper.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 19:06:25 »

Well that was a proper game - a bit festy, 4 goals, crap ref and linos and a decent crowd. Coventry looked a decent outfit in midfield and up front. They got numbers back in defence but we had chances in the first half anf fucked them up. They had chances in the first half and scored. In the last 25, however, we were superb and if the game had gone on another 5 we would ha ve won.
Collins took his goal pretty well and seemed to enjoy goading the Coventry fans. Thier keeper was lucky to stay on the pitch when he punched outside the area and then took Benson out on the way down. Benson took a lot of punishment but to be fair he dished out a few elbows as well.
I hope their player Fleck is OK. It looked pretty incoccuos at first but after a few seconds it became clear he didn;t have a fucking clue where he was.
Overall, a good game but defensive fuck ups cost us. it wasn't as if the delivery for both goals was that great.  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: