Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34534 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 09:55:15 »

They have some real quality about them,and i reckon they will be at least playoffs though we could have and maybe should have won it in the end.
rooney's header. anywhere but at the keeper and it's a goal...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:00:40 »

Yep...and i think there was another chance when our player was left with the ball and shot straight at the keeper..may have been offside though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:01:17 »

given the ref and his assistants yesterday it would most certainly have been offside

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:14:10 »

We didn't play badly at all yesterday.  In fact at times we actually played very well knocking the ball around and creating chances. It was the defending from set pieces that let us down again. It's why we have become a little bit inconsistent at home this season and I remember last season we were the same and it wasn't until we began to defend them properly that we became solid and formidable at home. Hopefully PDC can sort it out.

Can't fault our team spirit though and it was great to see us fight back and towards the end push for a winner. We really missed Williams yesterday though and although Collins scored a great goal I didn't think we had a huge amount to offer upfront at times. Williams just brings that extra dimension of play to us that no one does. Fantastic to see the team huddle with Paolo at the end. I sense that great team spirit we had last season is starting to form in this season's side.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:14:38 »

Oh and yes the ref was a joke again yesterday.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:30:28 »

What was the huddle about at full time?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10:35:29 »

They have some real quality about them,and i reckon they will be at least playoffs though we could have and maybe should have won it in the end.
I went with a Cov. supporter yesterday, he said their biggest problem is the amount of loan players they have, their board are trying to do it on the cheap so they may be rebuilding again in January.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 11:04:52 »

He was asked that in the interview but said something along the lines of telling the first 70 wasn't good enough but last 20 was excellent.

I still have a ringing in my ears from the fat cunt behind me moaning about Miller all game, apparently he should never play for the club again as he doesn't bring anything to the team.  That leaves us with one fit CM then Einstein.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 11:23:41 »

He was asked that in the interview but said something along the lines of telling the first 70 wasn't good enough but last 20 was excellent.

I still have a ringing in my ears from the fat cunt behind me moaning about Miller all game, apparently he should never play for the club again as he doesn't bring anything to the team.  That leaves us with one fit CM then Einstein.
When did Einstein sign for us?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 11:46:30 »

When did Einstein sign for us?
He didn't. Maybe it was a relative.

It's All Good..............
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 11:47:35 »

Epstein?

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 11:49:23 »

Theory Walcott?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 12:07:54 »

Leaving speech
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 12:14:20 »

Leaving speech

Ah you saw that idiot's retweet too.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 12:20:16 »

I was utterly fucking depressed when we went 2-0 down, we really had no imagination at all.

The ref yesterday was an absolute fucking joke. Mistakes like booking the wrong player when one is black and one is white just sums it up really. He also missed about 4 handballs, one where the town midfielder literally dribbled the ball like a basketball and somehow was not called up for it. Also one occasion where a town player was completely steamrollered by the Coventry player who had no intention whatsoever of playing the ball and somehow gets away with it.

I seem to be developing a little man crush on Collins, I think the lad is quality but needs a run of games. Really unfortunate Williams is out with an injury as I'd like to see them get a run of 5-6 games together both playing the lionshare of time in those games to work on a partnership. With the right service and a bit of confidence Collins could be a goal machine.

As for support, Coventry were shite when not winning. At 0-0 they were silent and being taunted by a more vocal than normal Town End (not that that's saying much) I would have expected us to break the 10,000 mark, although mainly because I would have expected Coventry to at least have a couple of hundred on the bank, it's not exactly far!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: