Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Coventry Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 34981 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:24:49 »

If I was Jeremy Wray listening to Di Canio now, I think I would be getting a bit fucked off.
Oh I agree. He's beginning to get on my nerves a bit now. He comes across as a real prima donna sometimes. What does he expect the Board to do if they've he's overspent? The only way to rectify the situation is to offload players.....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:26:36 »

PDC:
- Very happy with the reaction in last 20 mins
- We played much better and dominated the game
- I have lots of knowledge and learn quickly
- The scored 2 from 3 chances and we had 32 in first half!
- PDC told everyone where the threat would come from
- Benson is not a top striker for League 1. Benson let the ball bounce 3 times which meant Coventry cleared.
- PDC enters rant mode... 32 times, 32 times.
- We need a top striker to stay at the top level
- Its upto the board now
- Unhappy with the way that conceeded
- Knew that delivery from set pieces would be a threat
- Sometimes no fire at the back from experienced players
- Its a fantastic job to draw. But PDC wants more. We need more if we are going to try to get 95 points to go up. This is enough to get 50 odd points and stay up
- Changed system at the end because Ritchie not playing well and Benson having no fire.
- Talked about 3-4 versatile players who can play a different system
- Huddle at the end was to praise last 20 mins and criticise fir 70 mins.
- Angry because the goals were crappy and what you see in a comedy match
- Sunday and Monday off in order to recharge batteries
- Navarro injury is to knee. Hope its not serious, but he fears from Navarro's reaction that it is bad
- Embargo: No news.
- PDC moved into double-rant mode - Its not fair. Its not fair. Its not fair! I have 4 injuries now.
- Message to board. Cancel the embargo or PDC won't be able to get Swindon promoted.
- Chairman Jeremy Wray is the best Chairman you could have!
- If the board's plans have changed, PDC would rethink his position. If he has clear guidance on what the board want, he will remain here as he is happy here.
- He just wants to know whether the board will do what it takes to cancel the embargo or not. He wants clarity
- Aston Villa game will burn the energy of players for 3 games.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:26:50 »

He keeps banging on about cancelling the embargo. Does he not know the rules or something?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:26:57 »

I'm glad that interview's over, I'm drained Roll Eyes
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:30:40 »

I don't like the way he has a go at individual players after every game. Now it's Benson's turn to be told he's not good enough. Great way to motivate him.....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:34:20 »

PDC:
- Very happy with the reaction in last 20 mins
- We played much better and dominated the game
- I have lots of knowledge and learn quickly
- The scored 2 from 3 chances and we had 32 in first half!
- PDC told everyone where the threat would come from
- Benson is not a top striker for League 1. Benson let the ball bounce 3 times which meant Coventry cleared.
- PDC enters rant mode... 32 times, 32 times.
- We need a top striker to stay at the top level
- Its upto the board now
- Unhappy with the way that conceeded
- Knew that delivery from set pieces would be a threat
- Sometimes no fire at the back from experienced players
- Its a fantastic job to draw. But PDC wants more. We need more if we are going to try to get 95 points to go up. This is enough to get 50 odd points and stay up
- Changed system at the end because Ritchie not playing well and Benson having no fire.
- Talked about 3-4 versatile players who can play a different system
- Huddle at the end was to praise last 20 mins and criticise fir 70 mins.
- Angry because the goals were crappy and what you see in a comedy match
- Sunday and Monday off in order to recharge batteries
- Navarro injury is to knee. Hope its not serious, but he fears from Navarro's reaction that it is bad
- Embargo: No news.
- PDC moved into double-rant mode - Its not fair. Its not fair. Its not fair! I have 4 injuries now.
- Message to board. Cancel the embargo or PDC won't be able to get Swindon promoted.
- Chairman Jeremy Wray is the best Chairman you could have!
- If the board's plans have changed, PDC would rethink his position. If he has clear guidance on what the board want, he will remain here as he is happy here.
- He just wants to know whether the board will do what it takes to cancel the embargo or not. He wants clarity
- Aston Villa game will burn the energy of players for 3 games.

I don't know how you do it NMH - fair play. Taking a few of those points...

We need a top striker to stay at the top level

Why the fuck has he not signed one already if he doesn't think the ones we've got are top strikers for this level?

Benson is not a top striker for League 1. Benson let the ball bounce 3 times which meant Coventry cleared.

Yet again, slating individuals - I am so uncomfortable with that.

Chairman Jeremy Wray is the best Chairman you could have!

Damned straight - There's not may Chairmen around who could handle Di Canio, that's for sure.
Flashheart

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:36:39 »

If, hypothetically speaking, we were playing in the prem under PDC.......... would people still be complaining about his style of management?

For balance (and I didn't listen to his interview) PDC has to understand that rules are rules. It's not the board's fault there's an embargo in place and he does have a lot of toys to play with.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:39:14 by Flashheart » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:37:58 »

Thanks nmh.

Benson did ok for me. Never going to skin anyone but good in air and holds ball up well.

Pdc whines a lot sometimes,
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:43:45 »

Whilst his incessant whining/bitching/moaning is an ever increasingly frustrating trait, he is a perfectionist. In Paolo's mind we should be romping the league unbeaten with 46 clean sheets and the 22 best players money can buy.

I've taken the time to consider it and, whilst the things he says annoy me rather a lot sometimes, I'd rather Paolo in charge than the likes of Danny Wilson.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:46:31 »

Benson did ok for me. Never going to skin anyone but good in air and holds ball up well.
i thought he did well considering bostock wasn't exactly doing much good.

i thought collins and rooney looked good together

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:47:04 »

Yay, a plan b that works! Fuck knows how we didn't win it. With 20 minutes to go I thought we'd be lucky to score a goal, let alone get two.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:48:18 »

If, hypothetically speaking, we were playing in the prem under PDC.......... would people still be complaining about his style of management?

I speak as I find and I don't care what league we're in. If I agree with something he Di Canio says I will say so, likewise, if I disagree I will do the same. As I said before, if I was JW, I think I would be just a little bit fucked off with Di Canio right now. JW's support of Di Canio has been absolutely outstanding so far and I'm sure he will sort out the embargo situation out sooner rather than later. Di Canio needs to button his fucking lip on that subject and show a bit of faith in him as JW has done with Di Canio.

Flashheart

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:50:35 »

I've taken the time to consider it and, whilst the things he says annoy me rather a lot sometimes, I'd rather Paolo in charge than the likes of Danny Wilson.

People bitch about PDC's spending. There's no denying he has money to play with.

Wilson had at least 350k to spend on a striker in the relegation season..... He bought Elliot Benyon
adje

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:52:01 »

People been banging on about Bostock starting-how did he do,folks that were there?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 16:54:56 »

Whilst his incessant whining/bitching/moaning is an ever increasingly frustrating trait, he is a perfectionist. In Paolo's mind we should be romping the league unbeaten with 46 clean sheets and the 22 best players money can buy.

I've said this before Samdy, having Di Canio as manager has brought more positives than negatives so far.

It's all about balance though. Some times you need to focus on the positives i.e. today was a fantastic come back (yes he acknowledged it briefly) but if you keep going on and on and on and on about how you've got to get better, it grinds people down. These are young lads we're talking about (even Tommy Miller is a young lad to me) and they're playing in the 3rd division for a reason. They need to be cut some slack occasionally (although for the sake of balance, I note he has given them 2 days off).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: