Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Caddis bollixed  (Read 37334 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 12:53:01 »

As a right back, Caddis is good, no doubt about it. None of us (apart from his mate on here) knows what he earns but if its any less than a few grand a week I would be shocked. He has a right to play an active role in the upbringing of his newborn child, like anyone, but he has chosen a profession that requires him to do things that might not be considered the norm for most people, such as training on Christmas Day, overnight trips etc. Perhaps I am a bit old fashioned for someone yet to hit 40, but if Caddis and his partner wish to maintain the lifestyle they are likely to have become accustomed too then he and his partner need to work it out between them so it does not have an effect on the breadwinners work. I expect some of us on here have a few brothers and sisters but mum and dad did whatever they could to make it work. I remember my old girl used to take me in a pushchair to the potato fields near our house and she would work 8 hours picking the things, we all have to make adjustments, and the Caddis family are no different to anyone else in that sense.

I wish no ill upon Caddis, far from, he was a good captain, and he lead us to promotion last season. But he has made digs at STFC since he has been out on loan and Paul Caddis will not win us League 1 on his own, nor will Paolo but recent events convince me PdC loves our club, and I for one wouldn't swap him for 100 of Caddis. If we have a squad with the same passion, desire and commitment that the gaffer has, we will walk this league.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 13:01:16 »

As a right back, Caddis is good, no doubt about it. None of us (apart from his mate on here) knows what he earns but if its any less than a few grand a week I would be shocked. He has a right to play an active role in the upbringing of his newborn child, like anyone, but he has chosen a profession that requires him to do things that might not be considered the norm for most people, such as training on Christmas Day, overnight trips etc. Perhaps I am a bit old fashioned for someone yet to hit 40, but if Caddis and his partner wish to maintain the lifestyle they are likely to have become accustomed too then he and his partner need to work it out between them so it does not have an effect on the breadwinners work. I expect some of us on here have a few brothers and sisters but mum and dad did whatever they could to make it work. I remember my old girl used to take me in a pushchair to the potato fields near our house and she would work 8 hours picking the things, we all have to make adjustments, and the Caddis family are no different to anyone else in that sense.

I wish no ill upon Caddis, far from, he was a good captain, and he lead us to promotion last season. But he has made digs at STFC since he has been out on loan and Paul Caddis will not win us League 1 on his own, nor will Paolo but recent events convince me PdC loves our club, and I for one wouldn't swap him for 100 of Caddis. If we have a squad with the same passion, desire and commitment that the gaffer has, we will walk this league.

Well put Shaw Rosso, i wholeheartedly agree with you!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 13:06:46 »

Spot on Shaw Rosso.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 15:26:02 »

I don't think it really matters now what went on. After the Leon Clarke incident we've known full well that Di Canio will win in these situations and the players will leave. He made that stance and has to stick with it.

Caddis is a good player and currently better than our current righ back. However whilst our team might have been a bit better technically if he was still here - would the rest of our squad still be as in line and disciplined if Di Canio had backed down?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 15:55:58 »

Great post Shaw Rosso! Just to add, I think we've also gained a very good right back in Nathan Thompson, and it's great seeing a home-grown player play consistently in the starting line up! If he can develop as he is doing then he's going to be one hell of player in a few years!

#VivaKenBarlow!
lambourn red

« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 16:56:42 »

The article on the bbc website about PDC putting in his own money says at the end that brum cannot afford Caddis but he will stay there until the end of the season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20928212
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 17:01:58 »

The article on the bbc website about PDC putting in his own money says at the end that brum cannot afford Caddis but he will stay there until the end of the season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20928212
That's what PDC said on Saturday.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 17:11:06 »

Great post Shaw Rosso, got it bang on there. Wink
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 18:33:44 »

new very old boy here - first ever post
i remember rogers/hunt/summerbee/ et al so well
WHY has nobody in the fan community organised a collection (bucket job if you like) for getting PDC what he wants
I'll put a tenner in - maybe 20 - get your arses into to action before it is too late
the board are not yet going to shift
not sure this will go down to well for a first post
perhaps I should have remained a virgin

WHAT DO WE WANT? - CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 18:35:48 »

SHIT

i meant to say too not to
so there
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 19:50:41 »

WHY has nobody in the fan community organised a collection (bucket job if you like) for getting PDC what he wants
I'll put a tenner in - maybe 20 - get your arses into to action before it is too late

It looks like some guy on twitter has got the same idea and is using the red army fund to collect the donations not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere else
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 22:02:02 »

Cunt, in the nicest way possible.

Couldn't agree with you more by the way and I expect there is a few on here who love a bucket job
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 22:13:17 »

I don't think it really matters now what went on. After the Leon Clarke incident we've known full well that Di Canio will win in these situations and the players will leave. He made that stance and has to stick with it.

Caddis is a good player and currently better than our current righ back. However whilst our team might have been a bit better technically if he was still here - would the rest of our squad still be as in line and disciplined if Di Canio had backed down?

Agree with all that DV.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, January 7, 2013, 22:54:52 »

Good intentions but it would leave us open to, "they're so desperate for cash at Swindon that the fans are having a collection to pay the players' wages". Just saying like......
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 17:41:59 »

Doesn't look like he will be going to Birmingham permanently any time soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21126539
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: