Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 88129 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 15:26:00 »

Indian squad for first two tests was named today ... Looks like in the first test they will line up ....

Sehwag, Ghambir, Pujara, Tendulkar, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Ashwin, Zaheer, Ohja, Yadav
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 20:39:18 »

Tendulkar is a class act, but he's out of form massively the past year...with rumours of a retirement not too far away don't be surprised if a) he scores a bagful of runs and is man of the series or b) his lack of runs continue and he announces his retirement ahead of the last test match

#VivaKenBarlow!
DMR

« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 10:08:02 »

Sachin's eyes have gone - walking wicket.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 11:22:38 »

The two batsmen to watch in the Indian line up are Pujara and Kohli.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 12:37:26 »

I'd say some people are obsessed...http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/20007287 (a bit like those Yellow Cunts down the road are with us)...I think Australia will lose to South Africa FWIW!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 16:35:17 »

I agree with the Saffers smashing the Aussies.

With Watson missing the first test through injury the Aussies will have a top 3 of Warner, Cowan and Quiney (On debut).  To be followed by an aging Ponting, a new skipper before there best batsmen Hussey comes in.

With the bowling Cummins is injured again.  Siddle/Hilfenhaus are workhorses at best.  Calling Lyons a spinner is almost an insult.  This leave Starc and Pattinson, who FWIW I do think are really decent bowlers potentially.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 16:43:47 »

I agree with the Saffers smashing the Aussies.

With Watson missing the first test through injury the Aussies will have a top 3 of Warner, Cowan and Quiney (On debut).  To be followed by an aging Ponting, a new skipper before there best batsmen Hussey comes in.

With the bowling Cummins is injured again.  Siddle/Hilfenhaus are workhorses at best.  Calling Lyons a spinner is almost an insult.  This leave Starc and Pattinson, who FWIW I do think are really decent bowlers potentially.

Agree with all this and I'm looking forward to this series almost as much as England's, especially after taking 14/1 for a SA 3-0 win a couple of days ago. Can really see the Aussies getting stuffed if the Saffers perform anything like they did over here.

Much less confident of an England series win though as I can see our weakness against spin being our downfall yet again. Hope I'm wrong.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 16:51:19 »

I think I am going to do a 3-0 double.  India to beat England and the Saffers to beat Aus.
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 18:02:23 »

Not a bad shout at all! 97/1 with BetVictor. There shouldn't be any weather problems in either venue so I guess the main threats are the possibility of a completely dead pitch in India or a Ponting renaissance to nick a win/draw for the aussies.

I might have a bit of that too. Not very patriotic on my part though.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 09:16:03 »

The 'thrill' of the Ashes is muted when the Aussies aint that good. The building up of the Ashes in the last few years has been because the Aussies have been almost unbeatable. So, winning, losing, winning back and retaining were a big deal. The fact that the Aussies are still imho a poor Test nation at the moment lessens the interest.

The better contest is against South Africa, because our Saffers aren't quite as good as theirs! So, beating them in a series (either here or there) would be a big challenge.

India just annoy me. Dominant in their own back yard and poor away from home. Time for Sachin and Sewag to bow out I'm afraid. Pakistan are similar to India, but you never know what you are going to get and there is always the fear that something dodgy is going on!

Having intently watched the 'blackwashes' in the70s and 80s I pine for the Windies to once have a fearsome bowling attack and the odd batsman or two that can take an opposition apart.

With Sri Lanka, we are going to have to wait a few years, as their good players are getting past it now. While New Zealand are about as good as Gloucestershire!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:17:15 »

I'm just looking forward to next summer and we're thrashing those convict cunts  Cheesy

Have gone for Amla top run scorer in the Aus v SA series and Cook top run scorer in the Ind v Eng series!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:36:24 »

Broad and Finn ruled out of last warm up game.

So if Broad plays in Ahmedabad he would do so having only bowled 4 overs. 
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 19:29:13 »

KP is back! 110 off 80 odd balls, walks off and retires  Cheesy (also runs for Compton, Captain Cook and Mr Bell)

#VivaKenBarlow!
DMR

« Reply #223 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 09:59:40 »

KP is a fuckin' god. Gonna gets stacks. Top English runscorer 100/30 buying money
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Friday, November 9, 2012, 10:50:26 »

Got 3/1 on Cook from SkyBet along with England to win 2-1 at 10/1!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: