Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Winter Cricket Thread  (Read 88084 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 16:50:22 »

Team Gangnam style dance followed by Gayle and Pollard rapping in an interview with Sanjay Manjrekar.

I love the Windies, none of the usual media crap about executing plans, just plain silliness.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, October 7, 2012, 17:39:40 »

Team Gangnam style dance followed by Gayle and Pollard rapping in an interview with Sanjay Manjrekar.

I love the Windies, none of the usual media crap about executing plans, just plain silliness.

If England can't win, then I'm glad the Windies have....raised on Caribbean cricketers down the years, Wes Hall and Charlie Griffith, Lance Gibbs, Seymour Nurse, Basil Butcher, Frank Worrell, Conrad Hunte, Ramadin and Valentine, Rohan Kanhai...and teh greatest of all time Sir Garfield, the list could go on......  What I liked is they always seemed to enjoy the game, whereas England players seemed in a straight jacket of public school toffery, or dour norvern professionalism...still my team though, so had to accept it.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 10:54:04 »

This is probably more appropriate for a Summer 2013 thread, but managed to bag 4 ashes tickets this morning to the 2nd test at Old Trafford...missed out on the 12th man allocation (useless) for Trent Bridge yesterday, so hoping to pick up some more on Monday when they go on general sale!

Yorkshire and Hampshire both in action today in the champions league t20 qualifiers!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 11:58:00 »

I am going to the first 4 days of the Lords test and to the 3rd day at Durham and Old Trafford!

I will be paying this off for the forseeable future!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 17:00:30 »

Hampshire getting absolutely stuffed earlier by Auckland, they are out of the champions league already! Thanks for coming!

Yorkshire chasing 149 against Trinidad & Tobago to make the actual groups of the CL. Interesting to see T&T had 3 members of the WI t20 2012 champions playing for them...Ramdin, Rampaul and Badree (along with 3 others who were in the squad) Come on you Yorkies!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 18:34:58 »

Yorkshire through with ease, beat T&T by 6 wickets to go into the CL group stage! T&T are out having only played 1 game, seems a long way to go to enter a 'pre-champions league qualifying group' losing your 1st match and then being knocked out. A rethink perhaps needed on that, especially as the top 4 IPL teams go straight into the draw and a representative from England gets no automatic place!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 18:48:12 »

A rethink perhaps needed on that, especially as the top 4 IPL teams go straight into the draw and a representative from England gets no automatic place!

That's because the main shareholders of the CL are India, SA and the Aussies, and that's why their sides go straight through.

Great crowds so far...not !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 18:53:32 »

Gonna try for Lord's and the Oval...see what happens.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 09:22:46 »

That's because the main shareholders of the CL are India, SA and the Aussies, and that's why their sides go straight through.

Great crowds so far...not !!

Yorkshire beat T&T yesterday who would have been seriously hampered by the fact 3 of their players (Narine, Pollard and Bravo) all elected to play for their IPL teams.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 19:57:47 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/19909921

Sad news....was a good player on our shores for a few seaeons.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:10:58 »

Just sunk £400 into Old Trafford tickets, trying to do the same for Notts but I'm in a queue. On the website. A website with a queue. Blimey.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:20:12 »

Just secured 4 for Old Trafford at £70 each after being in that queue for over 90 minutes. Stick with it Nemo. There was plenty of availability left for the Friday when i eventually got through. Not sure what day you're after....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:21:15 »

Any of the fuckers will do, I'm not choosy.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:27:25 »

Got my OT tickets last week, now hoping to get day 1 Trent Bridge...but in the queue, if you're in before me nemo give us an update on Day 1 please! cheers!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:29:03 »

Best way to be. I'd be massively surprised if you didn't get anything then. Also don't panic once that black bar gets to the end and it keeps trying to connect again and again (well that's what happened to me). I was worried but let it do it's thing and 5 minutes later i was in! You can then navigate and play around with blocks as much as you like although they do tell you to get it sorted within the half hour.

Got my Old Trafford last week to Maj.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: