Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737426 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2685 on: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, 16:24:23 »

I'm being honest I hadn't heard of ride in London but now I've seen what it's about it looks impressive.

https://www.ridelondon.co.uk/

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2686 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 19:09:19 »

I was knocked off my bike the other day by a vehicle; there was quite a bit of blood. Anyone got any experience or knowledge of involving the solicitors with getting my bike & teeth repaired? I have a pretty good case I think.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 16, 2023, 21:04:31 by mystical_goat » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2687 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 19:13:25 »

Did you have any footage - helmet cam or anything like that?

I had a near miss the other week, car passed me that close he clipped my pedal. I had to punch his window to get him to move. Ended up on the verge, he stopped, started making it out as if it was my fault (it wasnt obviously) i called him a cunt and told him to fuck off. Wish i had it on film as i would have reported him. Stupid thing was there was nothing coming the other way so he had plenty of space to pass.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2688 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 19:43:47 »

It sounds like it was quite nasty but as Tans eluded to it would be very difficult to win a claim without any witnesses or dashcam footage.

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2689 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 21:05:13 »

It sounds like it was quite nasty but as Tans eluded to it would be very difficult to win a claim without any witnesses or dashcam footage.

Is that based on experience?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2690 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 21:10:28 »

I was knocked off my bike the other day by a vehicle; there was quite a bit of blood. Anyone got any experience or knowledge of involving the solicitors with getting my bike & teeth repaired? I have a pretty good case I think.
Are you a member of British Cycling? If so, they will provide free solicitors for you.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2691 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 21:15:41 »

Did you have any footage - helmet cam or anything like that?

I had a near miss the other week, car passed me that close he clipped my pedal. I had to punch his window to get him to move. Ended up on the verge, he stopped, started making it out as if it was my fault (it wasnt obviously) i called him a cunt and told him to fuck off. Wish i had it on film as i would have reported him. Stupid thing was there was nothing coming the other way so he had plenty of space to pass.
Please be careful. A friend of mine was killed/murdered (imho) by a road raged driver who overtook and thought he would teach my friend a lesson. He blipped the brakes…too hard. My friend had no time to react and went full tilt into the back of him. He never regained consciousness and succumbed to his injuries a week or so later.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2692 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 21:28:42 »

Did the driver stop? Have you got their details?
Injury accidents should be reported to police, not that they are able to do a lot without independent witnesses.

We are going through solicitors re costs incurred after we wife was injured in a fall caused by a hole in the pavement. Check your home insurance as that may have legal cover included.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2693 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 23:04:30 »

Did the driver stop? Have you got their details?
Injury accidents should be reported to police, not that they are able to do a lot without independent witnesses.

They stopped, I've got their details, and I reported it to the police. I have other evidence too and may be able to track down witnesses who came to help, though none saw the actual impact.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 08:07:14 by mystical_goat » Logged
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2694 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 23:08:02 »

Are you a member of British Cycling? If so, they will provide free solicitors for you.

Unfortunately I'm not. Will be getting membership or specific cycling insurance if I get on a bike again.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2695 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 08:09:34 »

You have done everything you could at the time and scene of the accident.

Do check your home insurance (or any other insurance policy you have) to see if they include legal assistance cover.

Give the driver a chance to settle to your satisfaction without involving insurance but, having legal cover will certainly help if the numbers cause the driver to balk at the potential cost. Don't forget that the costs that you have identiofied so far are just the start. Your medical costs may increase as time progresses.

Start documenting ALL out of pocket expenses as a result of this accident. Need to take a taxi someoweher because you can't use your normal mode of transport? Receipt it. Need replacement cycle gear? Receipt it. If you wear a helmet, replace it. It may look undamaged but, if your teeth are damaged, which I think I read above, your head has taken an impact so the helmet probably has also.

Message me if I can help any further.

Hope you recover speedily mate.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2696 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 08:44:08 »

Thank you so much for replying and so thoroughly. I'll send you a message.

Edit: message sent
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 11:31:22 by mystical_goat » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2697 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 13:25:49 »

Hope you get things sorted.

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2698 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 14:47:32 »

Message me if I can help any further.

Fuzzy, can you see my message? I clicked send but am not sure it went through.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #2699 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 14:52:32 »

Fuzzy, can you see my message? I clicked send but am not sure it went through.

Hi mystical_goat, yes I have seen it. Just waiting for a break in the customers to sit down and have adeeper look.

Retail is a wonderful thing until customers walk in  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: