Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737512 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2625 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 14:14:33 »

TBF their zero tolerance system was obviously flawed, they employed JTL after he had doped to win the Tour of Britain.
The problem with the zero tolerance policy wasn't that it was flawed, it was that it was PR nonsense.

Also, JTL was not at Team Sky when he won the Tour Of Britain, but he was a part of British Cycling. We already know the lines between British Cycling and Team Sky were blurred. But yes I agree that swearing indiscriminately throughout an interview whilst trying to argue you are not bitter, gives the game away a bit.

It is what it is, I still enjoy the spectacle. Strade Bianche the other weekend was phenomenal.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2626 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:24:15 »

Call me cynical but WvA putting 11 secs into Ganna on a short pan flat TT makes my eyebrows flutter a little! Keep seeing JV riders riding up mountains at the front nose breathing whilst the rest of the peloton are breathing through their arses, hope I am wrong but its a little worrying.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2627 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 16:23:58 »

Strade Bianche was great! Looking forward to Milan-San Remo this weekend.
Horlock - I think you may be a bit selective in JV's powers at the mo, if they were truly that great Roglic and his holey shorts (and fucked shoulder!) wouldn't have struggled alone having burnt through his teammates.
I think I've grown bored of being a cynic with good performances, i might be naïve but I think it's for the best for me personally.

In other doping news - I'm reading Vaughter's book at the mo

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2628 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 16:51:24 »

Strade Bianche was great! Looking forward to Milan-San Remo this weekend.
Horlock - I think you may be a bit selective in JV's powers at the mo, if they were truly that great Roglic and his holey shorts (and fucked shoulder!) wouldn't have struggled alone having burnt through his teammates.
I think I've grown bored of being a cynic with good performances, i might be naïve but I think it's for the best for me personally.

In other doping news - I'm reading Vaughter's book at the mo

I would be inclined to agree with the just going with the flow angle, too many angry supporters in cycling! There were two strange things with JV at Paris Nice, firstly how the hell he binned it twice and then had a mechanical in the yellow jersey and the TV camera's managed to miss all three incidents, and secondly what the hell happened to all his team mates bar Bennett!

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2629 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 19:22:31 »

Call me cynical but WvA putting 11 secs into Ganna on a short pan flat TT makes my eyebrows flutter a little! Keep seeing JV riders riding up mountains at the front nose breathing whilst the rest of the peloton are breathing through their arses, hope I am wrong but its a little worrying.
Just watching yesterday's highlights - guess I know what happens in the highlights I'm recording in an hour's time! 😖

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2630 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 07:05:42 »

I would be inclined to agree with the just going with the flow angle, too many angry supporters in cycling! There were two strange things with JV at Paris Nice, firstly how the hell he binned it twice and then had a mechanical in the yellow jersey and the TV camera's managed to miss all three incidents, and secondly what the hell happened to all his team mates bar Bennett!

Of the JV squad:
- Tony Martin dropped out on stage 5 with a fractured elbow
- Hofstede and Van Emden seem to have DNF-ed on stage 8 (next to no info on why or when)

I wonder if them trying to defend with a man down from stage 5 caught up with the last two lads, and then eventually Rog.

Defo odd that no cameras were about to witness Rog's issues, makes a change from motos interfering with bikes or allow drafting though

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2631 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 09:31:53 »

Just watching yesterday's highlights - guess I know what happens in the highlights I'm recording in an hour's time! 😖

My apologies  Sad

I see Ganna is on the list for MSR so he might have been holding back for that, but then again so is WVA so who knows.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2632 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 22:15:12 »

My apologies  Sad

I see Ganna is on the list for MSR so he might have been holding back for that, but then again so is WVA so who knows.
Not a problem. I'm not a big fan of TT anyway. From what I saw, he went out too slow and not even banging out +600 Watts on the 2nd half enabled him to recover.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2633 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 07:38:01 »

Nacer Bouhanni - what should his punishment be?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2634 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 08:17:47 »

Nacer Bouhanni - what should his punishment be?

Unless they want to set a precedent of sanction being based on consequences rather than action, in light of Groenewegen getting a 9 month ban it should be at least this if not more (Bouhanni has form for doing this and actually I don't think Groenewegen was as blatant and cynical). I see Stewart has got a bust hand and will miss RVV this weekend at least.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2635 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 08:28:18 »

Ive just started cycling, got a mountain bike 4 weeks ago.

Go out 3 times a week. Already upto 25 miles, fucking hate hills though, just cant get to grips with them
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2636 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 08:34:57 »

Ive just started cycling, got a mountain bike 4 weeks ago.

Go out 3 times a week. Already upto 25 miles, fucking hate hills though, just cant get to grips with them

Try and spin up them sat down, saves a shit load of energy when compared to standing up hammering.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2637 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 09:48:29 »

Thats what im doing, probably not the got the gear right
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2638 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 12:23:54 »

Unless they want to set a precedent of sanction being based on consequences rather than action, in light of Groenewegen getting a 9 month ban it should be at least this if not more (Bouhanni has form for doing this and actually I don't think Groenewegen was as blatant and cynical). I see Stewart has got a bust hand and will miss RVV this weekend at least.
Agreed. It's going to be interesting to see where they come down on things!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2639 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 12:52:02 »

Thats what im doing, probably not the got the gear right
Like horlock sez - spin to win
I usually go 2/3 gears from my easiest and just know I can slide down the gears when i need to

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: