Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737488 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2520 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 13:21:44 »

Hoping Kwiatkowski wins it again...Bastard has a load of KOMs on some of my favourite routes!

« Last Edit: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 13:24:37 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2521 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 14:49:35 »

I bloody love Strade Bianche. I won't post the results here in case anyone wants to catch the highlights

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2522 on: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 17:37:18 »

I bloody love Strade Bianche. I won't post the results here in case anyone wants to catch the highlights
Trying to catch the women's race. Recorded it & highlights of the men's on Eurosport only to find I've recorded loads of snooker!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2523 on: Monday, March 5, 2018, 08:54:40 »

Trying to catch the women's race. Recorded it & highlights of the men's on Eurosport only to find I've recorded loads of snooker!

You are not the fucking only one..... Eurosports schedule is a work of fiction which would do JK Rowling proud!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2524 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 21:06:15 »

if you haven't seen it:

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2525 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 09:35:15 »

Apart from never wanting to ever see anyone lose their job, I would be entirely happy if Sky just came out tomorrow and said they were jacking it in with immediate effect, just to stop the stream of self serving sanctimonious bollocks being spouted by so many journalists and self appointed cycling experts at the moment!

I am convinced that the vast majority of them, despite their protestations, have little interest in the sport and just love the scandal which feeds into books etc.... and don't get me started on Jeremy Whittle or Dan fucking Roan....

There is nothing wrong with reporting the fucking shambolic mess which is going on, but instead of just jumping at the chance to get yourself on the telly and repeat the same tired fucking mantra's over and over again, grinding away as Sky has snubbed you in the past , do some fucking work and actually get some context to the stories, don't just get quotes from JTL whilst providing no context as to why he might have an axe to grind with Sky, same with Sutton, don't go grovelling to Landis and treating his word as gospel, as it suits your narrative, whilst you have spent the last 10 years telling anyone who will listen that he is the devil. This all came out due to the Fancy Bears, not some manner of journalistic scoop, what would provide context would be an idea of which other teams are using TUE's and how much they are using them, too many riders in the last few years (I can think on a certain Italian immediately) keep having Landis like Lazarus moments during three week tours.....

Right rant over!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 09:42:51 by horlock07 » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2526 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 11:29:40 »

Apart from never wanting to ever see anyone lose their job, I would be entirely happy if Sky just came out tomorrow and said they were jacking it in with immediate effect, just to stop the stream of self serving sanctimonious bollocks being spouted by so many journalists and self appointed cycling experts at the moment!

I am convinced that the vast majority of them, despite their protestations, have little interest in the sport and just love the scandal which feeds into books etc.... and don't get me started on Jeremy Whittle or Dan fucking Roan....

There is nothing wrong with reporting the fucking shambolic mess which is going on, but instead of just jumping at the chance to get yourself on the telly and repeat the same tired fucking mantra's over and over again, grinding away as Sky has snubbed you in the past , do some fucking work and actually get some context to the stories, don't just get quotes from JTL whilst providing no context as to why he might have an axe to grind with Sky, same with Sutton, don't go grovelling to Landis and treating his word as gospel, as it suits your narrative, whilst you have spent the last 10 years telling anyone who will listen that he is the devil. This all came out due to the Fancy Bears, not some manner of journalistic scoop, what would provide context would be an idea of which other teams are using TUE's and how much they are using them, too many riders in the last few years (I can think on a certain Italian immediately) keep having Landis like Lazarus moments during three week tours.....

Right rant over!

It’s just not Sky though is it? Other media suffer from the same “me too” obsession. Keep throwing mud and some of it will stick, even dry mud.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 18:08:10 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2527 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 13:10:33 »

Right rant over!

Omerta in cycling has only ever been broken by those with an axe to grind. Lance Armstrong was ultimately brought down not by anti-doping controls nor by the sports governing body, but by people that he had pissed off. Unfortunately for him there were many... Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis to name a couple.

Wiggins has been as inconsistent as they come over the years, used to be very vocal in his anti-doping position. This was when he was mid-pack fodder in the mid 00's, riding with the sprinters when it got a bit bumpy, but then all of a sudden he shut his mouth and then came third in 2009. What changed, Brad?

I genuinely don't mind that Sky are 'ethically dubious' or even cheating... everyone else is at it too. I do find their PR struggles very entertaining though.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2528 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 13:15:04 »

On Strade Bianche... I've been to Siena, that last climb is a killer to walk up, never mind ride up after 180km in the weather.

Tuscany is a fantastic part of the world, really recommend it.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2529 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 13:59:18 »

Omerta in cycling has only ever been broken by those with an axe to grind. Lance Armstrong was ultimately brought down not by anti-doping controls nor by the sports governing body, but by people that he had pissed off. Unfortunately for him there were many... Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis to name a couple.

Wiggins has been as inconsistent as they come over the years, used to be very vocal in his anti-doping position. This was when he was mid-pack fodder in the mid 00's, riding with the sprinters when it got a bit bumpy, but then all of a sudden he shut his mouth and then came third in 2009. What changed, Brad?

I genuinely don't mind that Sky are 'ethically dubious' or even cheating... everyone else is at it too. I do find their PR struggles very entertaining though.

Pretty much agree with all of that, its just pissing me off that so much bollocks about it is being circulated as fact by people who should know better, sadly much of the cycling media is as dependent upon doping for copy as the riders themselves.....

BTW I bet Seb Coe will be buying Brailsford a drink for taking all the flack in the report with the bits about Coe being ignored by much of the media, likewise the woeful stats about testing in football have conveniently been overshadowed by all this!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #2530 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 14:01:14 »

On Strade Bianche... I've been to Siena, that last climb is a killer to walk up, never mind ride up after 180km in the weather.

Tuscany is a fantastic part of the world, really recommend it.

Never been to Siena but Tuscany is brilliant, sadly was not allowed to take my bike when we went there on our honeymoon!

How the fuck Van Aert got back on after cramping in both legs on that climb was incredible!
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #2531 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 14:30:47 »

Never been to Siena but Tuscany is brilliant, sadly was not allowed to take my bike when we went there on our honeymoon!

How the fuck Van Aert got back on after cramping in both legs on that climb was incredible!

What is the point of a honeymoon if you don't take your "bike".    Cheesy

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2532 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 15:57:50 »

I do like this image of Benoot from the Strade Bianche....

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2533 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 17:42:09 »

... don't just get quotes from JTL whilst providing no context as to why he might have an axe to grind with Sky...
personally I'm surprised any of Team Sky have sufficient puff to go in for whistleblowing Wink
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #2534 on: Friday, March 9, 2018, 23:01:39 »

personally I'm surprised any of Team Sky have sufficient puff to go in for whistleblowing Wink
I do like that joke.

I think the previous comments regarding Sky have nailed it, including JTL hopefully pissing off back into the shadows

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: