Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737376 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 10:45:55 »

I'm intrigued to know how this new Pinarello works out.
With Gee, Stannard or Wiggo atop it might be a winner

Thomas looks a good bet for Flanders tomorrow. Wiggins will be going all out for the Paris-Roubaix before he leaves Sky, so that should be interesting.

Stannard will most likely be used to drag both of them along, although he'll probably have a crack at the Amstel Gold himself.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 10:50:01 »

Right chaps! My battery pack for my Cree XML T6 has died. Battery packs on the Chinese stuff are notoriously bad. Anyone got any knowledge of suppliers with decent replacements?

Are you able to open the battery pack? It's probably just a few 18650 batteries in there (the same used in laptop battery packs). You can get them on dx.com from China along with a charger for not much money.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 13:33:53 »

Are you able to open the battery pack? It's probably just a few 18650 batteries in there (the same used in laptop battery packs). You can get them on dx.com from China along with a charger for not much money.
Going to try a £10 set I can see on Fleabay. If they are no good I'll invest in a battery case and then buy some branded batteries as you suggest.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 20:25:39 »

Thomas looks a good bet for Flanders tomorrow. Wiggins will be going all out for the Paris-Roubaix before he leaves Sky, so that should be interesting.

Stannard will most likely be used to drag both of them along, although he'll probably have a crack at the Amstel Gold himself.

G ran out of steam....Kristoff looks formidable atm.

Anybody out today?  Pretty much perfect conditions, I managed about 12 miles, working my way back into it after winter break.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 21:39:23 »

I was up in town for the game so popped out this morning for a brisk 28. Went down Dayhouse lane, Liddington, Bishopstone, Uffington, Shrivenham, Highworth.

As you said Reg, perfect conditions and dry roads.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 07:17:54 »

G ran out of steam....Kristoff looks formidable atm.

Anybody out today?  Pretty much perfect conditions, I managed about 12 miles, working my way back into it after winter break.

More importantly it began to resemble wacky races, two riders taken out by neutral service,inflatable banners collapsing on the peloton, just needed a Richard Hammond commentary and it could have passed as an edition of total wipeout!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 12:48:04 »

I did a little 17.7 miler with just over 1500 feet of climbing- my first proper climbing ride of the year.

I followed this up yesterday with a 23.3 miler including just over 1900 feet of climbing.

My legs are a bit slow today.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:11:42 »

I did a little 17.7 miler with just over 1500 feet of climbing- my first proper climbing ride of the year.

I followed this up yesterday with a 23.3 miler including just over 1900 feet of climbing.

My legs are a bit slow today.

I also had my first ride for 6 months yesterday (combination of limited personal motivation, changing job (for the better) and having a 2 year old!), lovely weather but hell that was painful - not so much my legs but arms shoulders neck and backside (forgot the chamois cream - grrr)

Managed 31 miles with 1124 feet upwards!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 17:57:00 »

Joining the 'first ride in ages' bandwagon, I had a spare hour so popped out for a brisk 13 miles today.

The legs aren't too bad, but my word my lungs certainly were.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #1824 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 07:20:13 »

Brisk 45 miles on Monday. Swindon to Chippenham via lyneham and then back via calms. Flagged a bit towards the end due to beat, but felt good.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1825 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 17:39:10 »

The sun is out, and Halfords was busy today (additional 20% off cycling stuff ends soon, so got some gatorskins)! Bloody fairweather cyclists Wink

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #1826 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:04:26 »

I cycled to Marlborough and back today, a shade under 30 miles. It was quite pleasant, but are there any other similar routes around as I'd like to go slightly further afield?

I don't mind A roads as long as the traffic has ample space to overtake.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:36:46 »

From West Swindon, I generally head out north through Purton and/or Cricklade. If it's a short one, then just Swindon > Cricklade > Leigh > Flaxlands > Swindon. That's about 25 miles.

If you want longer then you can detour through Latton down the old A419, down the Spine Road, up through Oaksey and Minety.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:37:47 »

Although Bennett will probably be able to give you advice about the Downs, his Strava would suggest he seems to have gotten a love of hills. The nutter.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 20:48:20 »

I cycled to Marlborough and back today, a shade under 30 miles. It was quite pleasant, but are there any other similar routes around as I'd like to go slightly further afield?

I don't mind A roads as long as the traffic has ample space to overtake.

I've a ride planned....it involves going to Lechlade, this by way of....out of Swindon.via the cycle tracks from by the CG along old canal, then Oxford Road....over the bridge by the White Hart, and round to South Marston, up and on to Sevenhampton (Ian Fleming's grave if you like that sort of thing) on to Coleshill via Fresden....couple of short sharp climbs. Coleshill to Buscot, all of this on minor roads, but you hit 417 to run into Lechlade, reasonably short section not too bad.
Through most of Lechlade, then left turn for the Coln St Aldwyn's road, an ancient salt way, over the old East Glos Railway, then left down into Fairford....I haven't seen the glass in church for ages, so what I'm going for. Then Whelford, along edge of airfield Kempsford, Hannington Bridge over the Thames, thorugh Hannington Wick to Hannington, then down to Blunsdon/Highworth road a quick left right leads into Stanton Fizwarren. A clever bit here enables missing the 361....into Stanton Park head south through the wood there are cyclable tracks, which take you past the back end of the Crem gardens and bring yoi out on the B4141, which is busy but OK for a pavement job to land you by the Kingsdown. Bit of Beechcroft Road, then left into St Phillip's Road, and that does te nice little cycle route along Green Road  and the BMW works to Gypsy Lane. Bugger here is that Gypsy Lane bridge is out, so best way round is to go via Greenbridge back to the CG via Stratton Road and then canal cycle path.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: