Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737471 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:06:10 »

Nice bike Bennett, got yourself a great deal there.

You must be keen as it's been bloody freezing out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1756 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 19:28:35 »

Smiley
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1757 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 22:06:57 »

Nice bike Bennett, got yourself a great deal there.

You must be keen as it's been bloody freezing out
Cheers Bewster, the canyon is completely different to the T3. I'm getting used to the gearing (compact now instead of triple) slowly.

I was 16km short of 3000km for the year, so decided to "layer up". I'd also bought a new Garmin 500, so wanted to have a play around with that.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1758 on: Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 22:24:56 »

Cheers Bewster, the canyon is completely different to the T3. I'm getting used to the gearing (compact now instead of triple) slowly.
I was 16km short of 3000km for the year, so decided to "layer up". I'd also bought a new Garmin 500, so wanted to have a play around with that.

I initially struggled with going from triple to compact - I kept looking and the back cassette thinking "is that it ?"  Grin You'll soon get used to it tho.

3000km is pretty immense - quite an achievement and worth layering up for. I only managed 2300km this year.

Enjoy the Garmin. Try the training partner function - it can result in you turning yourself inside out !!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 12:49:07 »

I initially struggled with going from triple to compact - I kept looking and the back cassette thinking "is that it ?"  Grin You'll soon get used to it tho.

3000km is pretty immense - quite an achievement and worth layering up for. I only managed 2300km this year.

Enjoy the Garmin. Try the training partner function - it can result in you turning yourself inside out !!
Ha, yeah I enjoyed seeing the cadence again (i've got a wired cateye computer on my T3, so have been able to actually see if I'm spinning sufficiently), but knowing which gear to be in etc is quite a task. Also moving from thumb/brake shifting to both brake shifting is pretty hard going. I kept moving up a gear instead of hitting the other shifter to move down. Although this could be down to be being dumb...

I'm happy with it! I'm especially happy that I did that in 9 months, as I was in America/Canada for 3 months of the year.

Shudder...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 15:14:47 »

Sort of a cycling question.. at what age should I get our little lass a balance bikeand any suggestions.

She is nearly 2 and likes bombing around on 4 wheel things so I wonder whether now is the time?
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 18:07:47 »

Sort of a cycling question.. at what age should I get our little lass a balance bikeand any suggestions.

She is nearly 2 and likes bombing around on 4 wheel things so I wonder whether now is the time?

I got mine theirs when they were 2 and a half - as they are twins they are slightly smaller so I'd say now.

As a bit of advice get one with a brake - Scoot have a brake - it'll save some hair raising moments
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1762 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 18:21:19 »

I've been offered the opportunity of buying a Ribble Carbon TT Frame - it comes with a ceramic BB30 bottom bracket and carbon SRAM Cranks all for £300 - which is a saving of c.£400 on the RRP and as it only has less than 50 miles on it so it is a great deal. Its a mate's bike and I know the reason for sale so no issues there.

However, N+1 rule aside, do I want a time trial bike ? I've toyed with the idea for a few years after doing a few training rides with a local club but not convinced it's my thing.

Also, I'd have to buy forks, stem, TT handlebars, chain rings, mechs (F&R), cassette, chain, brakes and if I wanted a decent TT bike I'd have to get some wheels (although I do have a spare set knocking about). So I reckon another £500-£750 dependent on deals and quality of components. It might be a nice little project but it's also a lot of money.

So.................any opinions, advice offered - anybody done any TT'ing and loved/hated it ??
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 19:49:36 »

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/products/bikes/item/rothan

Brilliant bikes for kids.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1764 on: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 20:17:39 »

agreed
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 22:11:26 »

I had a Boardman FS Team and a Boardman CX Team nicked from my shed last night.

Cunts
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1766 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 22:18:03 »

Fuckers - sorry to hear that

Ignore
« Reply #1767 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 22:27:18 »

Thanks Bewster

They're insured, but you still want to batter the fuckers.

I've had a lot of MTB's, and apart from my beloved old Orange 5, the Boardman FST was the best ( and less than half the price of the 5)
A cracking bike for a grand
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1768 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 22:37:35 »

Thanks Bewster

They're insured, but you still want to batter the fuckers.

I've had a lot of MTB's, and apart from my beloved old Orange 5, the Boardman FST was the best ( and less than half the price of the 5)
A cracking bike for a grand

Being insured helped but it's still a complete bastard. Do you think they targeted you or just got lucky ?

Ignore
« Reply #1769 on: Monday, January 5, 2015, 22:45:03 »

A few of us went out for a ride on Sunday morning.
The police reckon we were probably followed, and they saw where I ended up.

They picked the wrong one , 'cos my mate up the road "Mr S-works" has about £20k worth of bikes in his shed.

Or at least he did, they are now in his front room

The police basically said that in the last 5 days there have been several such thefts. They also said that there will be more until a group of caravans parked about a quarter of a mile away are moved on.

I'm probably a racist for passing that on.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 5, 2015, 22:50:25 by Not that Nice If I'm Honest » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: