Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737357 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1635 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:19:03 »

Looking forward to watching the highlights later.

Out today for a ride. Glad I put a long sleeved base layer on. Talking of which, can anyone recommend some good cheap base layers/compression tops?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1636 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:26:29 »

I got one from Amazon for a tenner. Then another from Aldi when they had their cycling gear on sale.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1637 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 15:46:53 »

Thinking about the Sondico ones from Sports Direct which are about the same price.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1638 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:40:26 »

i would just got with bib, short sleeved top and cheap arm warmers. your core will stay warm enough to not need the extra layer

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1639 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 19:20:19 »

Arm warmers are fantastic,  got some DHB ones and they do all weathers (with a jkt for the really cold winter styff.

Equally knee warmers do me all year round,  go half way down calfs and look ok - I would seriously odd/scary in bid tights!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1640 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 20:17:05 »

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2014/09/13/fashion-disaster-of-the-day/

Heh.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1641 on: Saturday, September 13, 2014, 20:38:25 »

i would just got with bib, short sleeved top and cheap arm warmers. your core will stay warm enough to not need the extra layer
I always like to have the base layer as I'm a sweaty bugger and need it to help wick the sweat away. With just a short sleeved top, I tend to get wet and cold and suffer with my lower back seizing up. Today though, a light long sleeved Btwin base layer and a thin short sleeved Lidl top were spot on.

But I was thinking about the long sleeved base layer more for the winter too. I'd considered arm warmers, but I'm most likely to be wearing a wind cheater/rain jacket at all times and I think I'd prefer a base layer.

I was looking at these though:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLOOSMAW/on-one-merino-seamless-arm-warmers

Any recommendations for leg warmers? I'm toying with getting bib tights, but might just get leg warmers as I have several pairs of bib shorts.

Sir Pissalot

« Reply #1642 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 10:37:46 »

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #1643 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 16:08:31 »

I always like to have the base layer as I'm a sweaty bugger and need it to help wick the sweat away. With just a short sleeved top, I tend to get wet and cold and suffer with my lower back seizing up. Today though, a light long sleeved Btwin base layer and a thin short sleeved Lidl top were spot on.

But I was thinking about the long sleeved base layer more for the winter too. I'd considered arm warmers, but I'm most likely to be wearing a wind cheater/rain jacket at all times and I think I'd prefer a base layer.

I was looking at these though:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLOOSMAW/on-one-merino-seamless-arm-warmers

Any recommendations for leg warmers? I'm toying with getting bib tights, but might just get leg warmers as I have several pairs of bib shorts.
if you're cycling in a bin bag i think i've worked out why you're a sweaty sod!
personally i've never found a wicking skins top to remove sweat.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1644 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 18:35:24 »

Anyone got any tips for maintaining a bike?  As I got one a while back but haven't actually done much at all.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1645 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 18:46:24 »

If anything, keep the chain clean and lubed as a bare minimum.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #1646 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 19:14:13 »

Falling out of love with my bike at the moment. Had a clicking/ticking coming from somewhere beneath me a few months ago so stripped the chainset down to the bottom bracket and seemed to have a gritty BB, so replaced that and built it back up. Problem solved it seemed until a couple of weeks ago when an intermittent ticking suddenly appears. Only ticks when pedalling in the saddle, fine out the saddle....so it must be the saddle. Tried taking it apart and putting a bit of oil down the rails, no luck. new saddle bought at the weekend...still ticking away today on the ride to work...ARRRRRGH. Nothing obviously loose, dismantled the chain set and regreased. All to no avail.

I do love bikes, but Christ they can be frustrating. Really don't want to send it to a bike shop as I'm getting the new Genesis Equilibrium disc frame as soon as its out in late October, building it up with most of the parts on my current bike at the moment, so don't see the point of getting a bike checked out if its going to be dismantled completely in 6 weeks or so, plus I've got the expense of a big holiday in a few weeks too. But really hate riding the thing as it is at the moment. Not a happy bunny.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1647 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 19:34:29 »

It could be your pedal axle. I stripped down my whole drive chain to find a clicking and in the end I swapped my pedals over and it went. Give it a try.

Or coat pedals and cleats in a liberal splash of gt85
« Last Edit: Monday, September 15, 2014, 19:40:11 by Bewster » Logged
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #1648 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 21:16:47 »

Yep, that was going to be my next port of call once I get a moment. Not sure what the average life span of a set of half decent pedals are, but would imagine that it would be longer than 2 years or so...although with about 6/7000 miles in them I should imagine.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1649 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 21:50:40 »

Yep, that was going to be my next port of call once I get a moment. Not sure what the average life span of a set of half decent pedals are, but would imagine that it would be longer than 2 years or so...although with about 6/7000 miles in them I should imagine.

I've had a set of 105s start clicking after less than a year (c.1000 miles). I think you can service them though. Let us know how you get on - always interesting to know.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: