Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 740609 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 15:55:37 »

Ouch!!  Cav  Sad Looks out to me.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 16:31:41 »

Doesn't look good at all does it? What a complete and utter pisser Bad Mood

The crowds were amazing though. That'll be me on Monday Cool
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 18:21:46 »

Doesn't look good at all does it? What a complete and utter pisser Bad Mood

Apparently nothing broken....which is good news, but that is going to be mighty painful for a few days...
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 18:33:43 »

Me too  Grin

Where are you watching it ?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1519 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 19:35:20 »

Had a ride out to watch today,  it's bloody huge! Got to see Jensie out front on his own and shout 'go on Jensie'!

Blowing through my arse on way home but a top day!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 21:06:52 »

Me too  Grin

Where are you watching it ?

Me three Smiley

Although we are going to Cambridge to watch the start
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 22:05:11 »

Had a ride out to watch today,  it's bloody huge! Got to see Jensie out front on his own and shout 'go on Jensie'!

That got picked up on the commentary and Hinge and Bracket AKA Leggett and Sherwin commented on it and the 'knowledgeable British fans'*

Good news about Cav - or at least as good as we could have hoped for at this point. We all know cyclists are tough mother fuckers but he must be made out of titanium. His shoulder took his full weight when he came off. It remains to be seen whether he can carry on but at least he has a chance, which he wouldn't have had if it had been a broken collar bone.

I'll be at Braintree on Monday - Going by train and then cycling the 2-3 miles from there to Rayne, along the Flitch Way which is part of the old disused Maldon-Bishops Stortford railway line, with the aim of getting a prime spot. How easy that will be is anyone's guess. There were some serious crowds out today, but in some places the route was deserted (like any other Tour stage). It will be interesting...

*I made that bit up.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 09:28:20 »

Cav's out - confirmed...

http://www.espn.co.uk/cycling/sport/story/321719.html
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 09:45:28 »

A shame, but I don't think he would've been much of a contender for the points jersey anyway. Think that'll be a battle between Kittel and Sagan.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 11:47:17 »

Went out for a ride alone this morning and although I am pro-solitude it would have been good to ride with someone. However, whilst alone with my thoughts it got me thinking as to what goes through my mind and the games I play whilst riding - here are some of them:

1) Avoiding the Garmin Beep of Shame - this is when my Garmin thinks I've stopped and auto pauses - embarrassing when struggling uphill.
2) The "why the fuck did I come this way hill ?" - usually at the end of a ride when you think you've got more left in the tank than you have and all you want to do is get off and walk (usually because of number 1)
3) Maintaining cadence when shifting to another ring at the front - usually done by shifting the front and back mechs simultaneously - great when you shift both the right way  Grin
4) Trying to pedal more efficiently - pulling back/up from 5 o'clock, pushing the heels down more, one legged pedaling
5) Is that horse rider an old grufter with a nice arse or a sexy young filly?
6) Leading on from (5) the sex with a stranger fantasy (I'm sweaty and wearing lycra - not going to happen)
7) Where is that rattling coming from ? (usually a loose nut on a valve)

I have more but I am aware that this make me look odd so I'll stop.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 12:16:13 »

Went out for a ride alone this morning and although I am pro-solitude it would have been good to ride with someone. However, whilst alone with my thoughts it got me thinking as to what goes through my mind and the games I play whilst riding - here are some of them:

1) Avoiding the Garmin Beep of Shame - this is when my Garmin thinks I've stopped and auto pauses - embarrassing when struggling uphill.
2) The "why the fuck did I come this way hill ?" - usually at the end of a ride when you think you've got more left in the tank than you have and all you want to do is get off and walk (usually because of number 1)
3) Maintaining cadence when shifting to another ring at the front - usually done by shifting the front and back mechs simultaneously - great when you shift both the right way  Grin
4) Trying to pedal more efficiently - pulling back/up from 5 o'clock, pushing the heels down more, one legged pedaling
5) Is that horse rider an old grufter with a nice arse or a sexy young filly?
6) Leading on from (5) the sex with a stranger fantasy (I'm sweaty and wearing lycra - not going to happen)
7) Where is that rattling coming from ? (usually a loose nut on a valve)

I have more but I am aware that this make me look odd so I'll stop.
Only one of those 'games' I don't play - Unfortunately its not the one that would make me look less of a perv!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 12:17:38 »

Only one of those 'games' I don't play - Unfortunately its not the one that would make me look less of a perv!

Cheesy
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 14:51:46 »

Don't know if any TEF members have any daughters around the age of 4 but I have one of these for sale in great condition

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/ridgeback/melody-2012-kids-bike-16-inch-wheel--ec031020
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 15:22:05 »

My eldest is 4 and I'm looking for a new bike for her actually.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: Sunday, July 6, 2014, 15:31:33 »

OK, if you're interested I can send pics, it's used so a few marks and scratches but it was only used for 18 months. Have brand new stabilisers that it came with but didn't use if required.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: