Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737477 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:57:25 »

Oh goodie! Im going to learn some more stuff about bike mechanics! (But im still stuck on justifying the expense of a garmin 500 rather than a cheap bryton - £160 v £50)

Garmin all the way. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

You can even load routes onto it and race against a virtual partner. Handy if you've got no friends  Grin
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 19:59:34 »

Is that a compact? If so I'd be interested in your experience of the 105 chainset. Mine is dead silent in the small ring, but slightly noisy in the big ring. No amount of lubing or adjusting of limit screws seems to silence it.

Slightly noisy - I dream of that, actually mine isn't too bad but I fear ballsing it up so don't adjust.

BTW and completely off topic if anyone is interested in slightly different team kit Madison Genesis are selling last years design off cheap at the moment.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 20:00:19 »

Garmin all the way. If you get one you won't be disappointed.

You can even load routes onto it and race against a virtual partner. Handy if you've got no friends  Grin

Would I be saying that the cheap Bryton wont act as a sat nav route follower thing?
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 20:10:59 »

Would I be saying that the cheap Bryton wont act as a sat nav route follower thing?

That I dont know.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 20:30:13 »

That I dont know.

Cheers - I realise my post was the worst English ever! I meant to say that for 40 odd quid I assume I cannot plot a route to follow!
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 00:19:14 »

Cheers - I realise my post was the worst English ever! I meant to say that for 40 odd quid I assume I cannot plot a route to follow!

I've not looked into the Bryton specs but having used Garmin for both running and cycling I have very high opinions of them. The Brytons get good reviews but as with most things in cycling you do get what you pay for.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 11:23:43 »

Anyone looking for a first time road bike or perhaps a winter hack, this is a lot of bike for £265

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/153516/products/forme-longcliffe-5-0-2013-road-bike
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:31:55 »

I'm going to get the Bryton Rider 20E from Rutland. Can't justify the extra for the Garmin (which is what I really want). At £44.99 its a bargin. Just need to pick up a cheap Cadence sensor and a HRM and I'm sorted - I suspect waiting on Fleabay in the next few weeks will be the best bet, unless there are any TEF'ers that have any kit knocking around that they want to offload?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 12:50:26 »

Suicide
I'm going to get the Bryton Rider 20E from Rutland. Can't justify the extra for the Garmin (which is what I really want). At £44.99 its a bargin. Just need to pick up a cheap Cadence sensor and a HRM and I'm sorted - I suspect waiting on Fleabay in the next few weeks will be the best bet, unless there are any TEF'ers that have any kit knocking around that they want to offload?

Make sure the cadence sensor and HRM is compatible.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 13:04:15 »

Suicide
Make sure the cadence sensor and HRM is compatible.
Sorry Bewster. I know you said go for Garmin 500, but wifey over-ruled you!! I've read a number of places that the Garmin HRMs work with it, but I've not found which cadence sensors do yet.

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 13:07:42 »

Sorry Bewster. I know you said go for Garmin 500, but wifey over-ruled you!! I've read a number of places that the Garmin HRMs work with it, but I've not found which cadence sensors do yet.

They need to be ANT+ compatible. The combined speed/cadence sensor for Bryton is about £45
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 13:19:01 »

They need to be ANT+ compatible. The combined speed/cadence sensor for Bryton is about £45
Just found an article saying that B'Twin version (which is £16.99) works with the Rider 40, so assume it works with the Rider 20 ?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40052&t=12899563

Update: Feck! Then I find on the Decathlon site 4 reviews. One says it works with the Rider 20 - Yeah! Then one says Bryton says it doesn't work 'properly' with Bryton kit! - Booo! Who to believe?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-rate-sensor-cycle-computer-id_8181211.html#User_opinion
« Last Edit: Monday, December 2, 2013, 13:23:25 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 13:59:27 »

Update: Feck! Then I find on the Decathlon site 4 reviews. One says it works with the Rider 20 - Yeah! Then one says Bryton says it doesn't work 'properly' with Bryton kit! - Booo! Who to believe?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-rate-sensor-cycle-computer-id_8181211.html#User_opinion

Ignore the wife - this is important stuff.

G.A.R.M.I.N.   Grin
« Last Edit: Monday, December 2, 2013, 14:03:24 by Bewster » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 14:06:01 »

Ignore the wife - this is important stuff.

G.A.R.M.I.N.   Grin

D.I.V.O.R.C.E on the cards if I do! (And if I'm so tight I won't pay £150 + cadence + HRM for the Garmin then do you think I'm going to give her 1/2 my money in a divorce?)

P.S. You could always buy me one for Xmas ?

Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: Monday, December 2, 2013, 14:31:43 »

D.I.V.O.R.C.E on the cards if I do! (And if I'm so tight I won't pay £150 + cadence + HRM for the Garmin then do you think I'm going to give her 1/2 my money in a divorce?)

P.S. You could always buy me one for Xmas ?

Agreed it is expensive kit - I am lucky I won mine (or rather I won something which I sold).

I have my own bike habit to fund so unable to donate to such a just cause. A spoke went ping yesterday so have to have that fixed. However, thanks to Ajose and the 1-3 Orient defeat I managed to acquire the funds to purchase a C02 pump last week.

Couldn't you just ask for it for Xmas ?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: