Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737705 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 19:00:53 »

Two passes up Wrynose and Harknott. Good luck, you'll be dead at the end!

I drove up Hardknott a few years ago...it's certainly interesting. Oddly in some ways it might be a bit easier on a bike...you can get off and walk..
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 19:01:56 »

Two passes up Wrynose and Harknott. Good luck, you'll be dead at the end!

Got to do them both ways as well !
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 07:39:26 »

Checked weather forecast before going to work last night - Clear and dry. Went to come home this morning wearing shorts, T shirt, wind proof hi-vis jacket and shades to find it freezing cold and peeing it down. Massive puddles all over the road and cars not giving me much room.

Lovely 8 mile ride, especially when I was soaked after 500 yards!

So, I figure with an 8 mile ride, even with waterproofs I'm going to get wet. So, what do you recommend for wet weather kit when riding my mountain bike?

P.S. The gut fender stopped spray into my face, but I still have 'soggy arse syndrome' despite my rear fender bender.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 08:31:58 »

P.S. The gut fender stopped spray into my face, but I still have 'soggy arse syndrome' despite my rear fender bender.

Have you looked at the cycling jackets with a tail which prevents the aforementioned "SAS"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 08:59:56 »

Checked weather forecast before going to work last night - Clear and dry. Went to come home this morning wearing shorts, T shirt, wind proof hi-vis jacket and shades to find it freezing cold and peeing it down. Massive puddles all over the road and cars not giving me much room.

Lovely 8 mile ride, especially when I was soaked after 500 yards!

So, I figure with an 8 mile ride, even with waterproofs I'm going to get wet. So, what do you recommend for wet weather kit when riding my mountain bike?

This is the problem, when you have to cycle in the rain...if it's cold as well, make sure you wrap up to avoid hypothermia, even if it feels uncomfortable.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:03:08 »

Did a 100k New Forest Sportive yesterday - great fun although very hilly.

However got knocked off my bike by a full kit sky team wanker at 50 odd miles - lots of grazes, bruises and blood but mostly pissed off as I ripped my new arm warmers, gloves and new saddle along with a broken shoe buckle, scratched derailleur and shifters.

Smashing  Angry
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:37:20 »

What a dick.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:39:17 »

That was agonisingly awesome, we're told that a lone rider just can't go out and ride away from the peloton for any great length, Martin nearly did it...I was gutted he got caught with about 3 metres to go after 170 in front.

Nothing against Roche, but regard Irishmen as being just like any other European. My interest is now with Chris Horner...nearly 42 and won that stage up yesterday's wall...being a yank, you have to wonder if he's clean, hopefully so, because it's good to see the likes of him and Jens still going.

So Horner takes the Vuelta...the stage up L'Angliru, was immense, Nibali gave it his best shot, but not to be. The combination of narrow road, cloud, and massive crowd provided a primeval spectacle.

I'm inclined to think Horner isn't a clean rider.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:45:48 »

I'm inclined to think Horner isn't a clean rider.

A lot of people are thinking it. I'll give anyone the benefit of the doubt until it's proved otherwise, but the speech direct to camera after the stage was cringeworthy. Plus he looks far too much like Lance Armstrong on the bike.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 22:04:38 »

However got knocked off my bike by a full kit sky team wanker at 50 odd miles - lots of grazes, bruises and blood but mostly pissed off as I ripped my new arm warmers, gloves and new saddle along with a broken shoe buckle, scratched derailleur and shifters.

Smashing  >:

you were in a Sportive - if someone is faster than you then get fitter or stop whinging.

The fact that you called hm a "sky team Wanker" speaks volumes
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 05:04:11 »

Regardless of whether the guy was faster than Bewster or not, how is that any excuse for Bewster getting knocked off his bike?

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 07:14:47 »

Smashing  >:

you were in a Sportive - if someone is faster than you then get fitter or stop whinging.

I see no moaning or whining in Bewsters post about being passed by riders. I see Bewster taking exception to being knocked off. Where is your problem with that?
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 08:01:07 »

Actually I was passing him, he looked over his shoulder and as he did so veered into me causing me to crash.

The fact he was a good chap, a fellow cyclist and he stopped and checked I was ok has nothing to do with what he was wearing.

The fact that after we had stopped to patch me up we eventually caught him up again and offered to help with his puncture has nothing to do with what he was wearing.

The fact that he had the full Sky kit with the British National Time Trial Champion rings  - if that isnt a full kit wanker I don't know what is.  (maybe see here to get the full message :  https://twitter.com/WankersFullKit)

ps cheers chaps
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 19:01:22 by Bewster » Logged
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 08:47:33 »

Aldi are doing shower proof commuting jackets with a fold down "tail" for around £15 - may help provent "SAS"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Thursday, September 19, 2013, 11:27:40 »

This is very clever.

Of particular interest to London cyclists I expect.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: