Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 743115 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:22:37 »

Do all these small differences on bike parts really make any difference to the average man on the street? 
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:01:36 »

Do all these small differences on bike parts really make any difference to the average man on the street? 

I think a lot of it depends on the functionality of the parts replaced and whether or not they need replacing. As already alluded to the old Sora shifters had "thumb" lever to change up - with isn't as easy or as functional as 105s or Ultegras. So yes it would make a difference.

I have Shimano 105s throughout and I'd like ultegra but the cost and the weight saving do not add up at all for me so no. I'd be better off shedding a few more lbs from around my waist.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:06:09 »

I have been looking to upgrade my Allez but the main area is groupset and going up to 105 would be around £400 which doesn't really seem worth it for an Alu frame bike?

May have to bite the bullet and look at a Planet X or Ribble carbon frame and go from there, but with new baby may need some delicate discussion with the finance committee?

I have an Alu/Carbon Trek with full 105 and I've have been looking to upgrade - so similarly I've been looking at frames/forks and transfer my groupset/wheels/saddle over. I like the look of the Enigma titanium frames as it'll be something a bit different.

But then I'll want to use my old bike on the turbo so it'll mean buying a whole new groupset. How the finance committee love me. Actually she gets more frustared that I won't make a decision and just buy.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:12:35 »

Don't know if you have seen this :

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:13:07 »

I have an Alu/Carbon Trek with full 105 and I've have been looking to upgrade - so similarly I've been looking at frames/forks and transfer my groupset/wheels/saddle over. I like the look of the Enigma titanium frames as it'll be something a bit different.

But then I'll want to use my old bike on the turbo so it'll mean buying a whole new groupset. How the finance committee love me. Actually she gets more frustared that I won't make a decision and just buy.

Stick the current bike on the turbo trainer as is (with a turbo specific back tyre). Get thyself a new bike complete. Remember, 2014 models will hit the shops soon and 2013 bikes will start being reduced. trek already have a summer sale running on some of the current models.
Spud

« Reply #500 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:32:25 »

Went on my first proper ride on Saturday. Swindon to Cricklade.

Had a couple of pints in the Red Lion. Legs were like jelly on the way back. We stopped near the Blunsdon Arms, scoffed half a pack of Haribo's, and within 10 minutes I was good to go again.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:54:05 »

I did the same ride via the over grown Canal and Moulden Hill Saturday around Midday.There were a lot of really slow people about on Road Bikes Saturday,testament to the Tour I'd imagine.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:45:23 »

Followed some bloke on his road bike going up the old railway line from West Swindon to Old Town yesterday.

Rode on his wheel, got about half way up and he bailed onto a footpath. Must've been the shame of being paced by a MTB Cool
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 19:22:52 »

I would say yes, but depending on what you do.  Things like better wheels and group set will make ride better and more efficient. I bought some Fulcrum racing 5 wheels and it transformed my bike.

But these people who spend hundreds on carbon components and are then 2 stone overweight - draw your own conclusions. 
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 15:49:12 »

I think Froome has been fantastic, thoroughly deserved and great champion. Very humble and eloquent in his dealings with the press especially with the continuous doping  questions.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 18:53:29 »

Twighlight finish on the Chapms Élysées. In about 35 minutes. Not to be missed. Going to be a great end to a great Tour.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:53:20 »

Shame Cav didn't take the sprint. Great finish to the Tour though.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:14:18 »

OPQS are absolutely gash in the last 1000m. Their lead out train just disintegrates. Great spring though, complete with Cav nearly going over the handle bars! Shows how mental that piece of road is for a bike race.

Champs Élysées and Arc de Triomphe looking fecking superb for this awards presentation.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 07:35:22 »

OPQS are absolutely gash in the last 1000m. Their lead out train just disintegrates.

Think they have signed Mark Renshaw for next season, normal Cav service could be resumed
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 08:00:25 »

Think they have signed Mark Renshaw for next season, normal Cav service could be resumed

They have, also rumours continue that Petacchi  will be back for rest of this season and next to lead out!

It was something of a shambles, when you look at the side shot the fact that Kittel was almost out of frame before Cavendish started to sprint illustrated it was a complete non-starter!

Great tour but the last stage could have done with being about half an hour later, didn't really get dark enough during the racing.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: