Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737706 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:42:49 »

He won't be much happier today; had a load of piss sprayed at him! Disgusting.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:49:40 »

Ventoux...never been up it, but what an alien looking landscape. Froome very impressive today. More or less 46 years to the day, that Tommy Simpson dies up there.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:20:56 »

Froome's to lose now. The way that he dispatched Contador and then Quintana was brilliant.

Commendable rides from Pete Kennaugh and Richie Porte too, did their part very well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:29:58 »

The landlord of the Bathurst Arms, North Cerney is probably regretting his facebook comment about running 3-a-breast cyclists down today.

His facebook rant went viral and one thing you don't want to do is upset the cycling fraternity.

In truth it could have just been a throw away comment which doesn't reflect his real thoughts. But once social media rage gets going there is only one winner.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:30:53 »

Epic stage and what a win. As Sam said it's his to lose as everyone else is being blown away. Got to love Sagan though.

If you get a chance have a read of Fotheringhams Tom Simpson book - "Put Me Back On My Bike" - very good read and very sad.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 23:27:04 »

The landlord of the Bathurst Arms, North Cerney is probably regretting his facebook comment about running 3-a-breast cyclists down today.

His facebook rant went viral and one thing you don't want to do is upset the cycling fraternity.

In truth it could have just been a throw away comment which doesn't reflect his real thoughts. But once social media rage gets going there is only one winner.

Saw that, and the over the top reaction.  He had a point but went about portraying it in totally the wrong way.

One thing that does piss me off is cyclists and motorcyclists having a go at car drivers all of the time as if they are fucking saints.  I can say the same for lorry drivers (sorry leefer).  It's funny how everyone becomes the most conscientious driver in the world when they are talking about another form of transport.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:57:55 »

Amazing how Froome powered away from Contador.  He has had it a little tougher than Wiggins in this tour so far due to the amount of walking wounded Sky have had.  He is still a bit of a dull bore though.

Also i'm not having the fact that Quintana is 23, he looks about 53!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:01:13 »

Amazing how Froome powered away from Contador.  He has had it a little tougher than Wiggins in this tour so far due to the amount of walking wounded Sky have had.  He is still a bit of a dull bore though.

Also i'm not having the fact that Quintana is 23, he looks about 53!

I couldn't disagree more...

Agree about Quintana...it's what living at altitude does to you.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:04:08 »

Fair enough
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:21:22 »

Watched this on TV for the first time ever and all I saw was mindless idiots in fancy dress making fools of them selves and posing a massive danger to the riders, regardless if they were cheering them on.

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:41:25 »

The last two stages have been fucking awesome, for different reasons.

Saturday was a stage slated to be a boring run in to a sprint finish- another chance for Kittel to out sprint Cav or a chance for Cav to show his bouncebackability. In the end, the wind was the major player, causing echelons to form and crating a whole new raft of tactical dillemas. The Belkin/ OPQS/ Saxo Tinkoff break was fucking great. Blew the race apart for the day.

Well done Cav on the sprint- now won more stages than any other rider when Time Trials are taken out of the equation.

Yesterdays final 20 or so km wastremendous viewing- Froomedawgs bodyguard keeping him safe and keeping the pace high enough that attacks from GC contenders couldn't get away until Quintana went. Froome did really well to pull away from the peleton to reach him and distance Contador and co.

It was really telling in relation to effort when video of Kennaugh falling off the back of the yellow jersey bunce after his efforts was shown. He was so spent he was almost standing still Eek Schlek had a similar moment as well.

They all really need the rest day today.

Can't wait for the double ascent of Alp d'Huez
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:37:25 »

Desperately want this but the wife said no. Might have to just order it anyway. Absolute steal at this price. Granted, Sora isn't the best groupset but isn't the worst either. Add to that Fulcrum 7s and FSA components and it's the best value for money in that price range.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/moser-bikes-speed-sora-2013/
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:49:53 »

Desperately want this but the wife said no. Might have to just order it anyway. Absolute steal at this price. Granted, Sora isn't the best groupset but isn't the worst either. Add to that Fulcrum 7s and FSA components and it's the best value for money in that price range.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/moser-bikes-speed-sora-2013/

Sam - this is tagged as Sora 2013, so if thats true it should have the new Sora shifters which are more like the Tiagra/105s in style - i.e. they don't have have the thumb levers to change up - which make the whole groupset a better proposition.

Plus one of the joys of bikes is being able to upgrade as an when. And as you say you own't get much better for the price.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:07:11 »

Ventoux...never been up it, but what an alien looking landscape. Froome very impressive today. More or less 46 years to the day, that Tommy Simpson dies up there.

Was a bit of a shame, as the first British rider to win on the Ventoux, that he didn't find time to give Tommy a nod in his post-race interviews.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:22:18 »

Sam - this is tagged as Sora 2013, so if thats true it should have the new Sora shifters which are more like the Tiagra/105s in style - i.e. they don't have have the thumb levers to change up - which make the whole groupset a better proposition.

Plus one of the joys of bikes is being able to upgrade as an when. And as you say you own't get much better for the price.

I would agree, I have 'old' Sora shifter and whilst they shift fine it can be a pain, although I ride on the hoods around 95% of the time anyway.

I have been looking to upgrade my Allez but the main area is groupset and going up to 105 would be around £400 which doesn't really seem worth it for an Alu frame bike?

May have to bite the bullet and look at a Planet X or Ribble carbon frame and go from there, but with new baby may need some delicate discussion with the finance committee?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: