Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 737483 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 07:47:53 »

Track pumps are the dogs bollocks. That is why workshops use them. They can be a bit of a bastard to lug around ona ride though Cheesy

Get a frame/ pocket pump with an integral hose for use out on a ride (or a CO2 inflator).

I bought a CO2 inflator but havent had (touch wood) to use it yet, the little pump I carry on the bike would I suspect take hours to get some air into a tube!

Agree that a track pump isnt the most agile of tools!!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 15:07:05 »

I'd recommend the Topeak Morph mini (£21.59 at halfords at the mo')
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 18:43:27 »

thanks chaps, i bought some new tyres and inners on offer at CRC, along with a proper fancy pump

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 20:44:02 »

Froome took the Dauphine today then....his ride t'other day when he took the stage off Contador and a breakaway rider was awesome. Looking good for Le Tour.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 15:37:28 »

Froome took the Dauphine today then....his ride t'other day when he took the stage off Contador and a breakaway rider was awesome. Looking good for Le Tour.

It was great to see him powering away from Contador at the end of that climb. I'm pretty sure he could have taken yesterday's stage but chose to try and reward Porte with a stage win that didn't quite happen.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:20:53 »

It was great to see him powering away from Contador at the end of that climb. I'm pretty sure he could have taken yesterday's stage but chose to try and reward Porte with a stage win that didn't quite happen.

Not sure why but he doesn't do it for me, Froome. I'm sure he'll cope with this bombshell, but I think it's his ugly style on the bike - elbows out, always looking down at the power meter or talking into the radio.

Watching Contador out of the saddle, however, well that's like watching Dimitar Berbatov turn a hopeful punt upfield into a goal with two touches.
Dozno9

« Reply #426 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:00:52 »

Just got myself on Strava, cracking bit of kit. I don't know how accurate it is but seems pretty good.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:08:13 »

Watching Contador out of the saddle, however, well that's like watching Dimitar Berbatov turn a hopeful punt upfield into a goal with two touches.

Except he's a drugs cheat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:20:22 »

A good point, well made.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:35:13 »

Not sure why but he doesn't do it for me, Froome. I'm sure he'll cope with this bombshell, but I think it's his ugly style on the bike - elbows out, always looking down at the power meter or talking into the radio.

Agree with that,  his position when climbing looks like someone pushing a supermarket trolley with a mobile phone tucked under their chin (have a look at it)

Contador does have elegance (albeit previously prepared elegance).
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:02:56 »

Maybe, but this is cycling and you'd be a fool to trust anyone wholeheartedly.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:05:06 »

Just got myself on Strava, cracking bit of kit. I don't know how accurate it is but seems pretty good.

Just downloaded that today... going to try and spend more time doing stuff (ie. cycling) than watching daytime TV as the eternal job search continues. Will be interesting to see how much distance I can travel and stuff like that.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:13:36 »

30 centimeters
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 17:33:39 »

Spent the afternoon doing the Downs Link between Guidlford and Shoreham. Didn't have or took enough fuel and came close to getting off the bike and throwing up.  Still had an epic time though - apart from the ticket bloke at Shoreham Station refusing to sell me a ticket as I had a bike - its London to Brighton today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/328768499
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 18:40:10 »

Nice ride Bewster!

Can only get lunch hour trips in at the mo, usually Chippenham->Calne and back (13 miles). Absolutely pushed it as hard as I could the other day, went 0.2mph average faster than the last trip. All that effort for 0.2 mph. What the hell. I'm blaming a headwind to Calne that mysteriously reversed direction and on the way back.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 18:53:29 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: