Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 181   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 741863 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:20:56 »

Rock Shox have the budget end of the market pretty much sewn up.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 11:55:23 »

Don't know what all the fuss about Di Canio's appointment is, it has totally overshadowed the real controversy of the weekend...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/sagan-apologizes-for-the-pinch-on-tour-of-flanders-podium
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 13:06:28 »

Sagan was obviously still reeling from when Cancellara left him for dead on the Paterberg.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 13:46:52 »

and what a shame that was.......
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 14:33:47 »

Haha, indeed.

Sprint finishing and uphill wheelies across the line are one thing, but going up against one of the best TTers in the world over 13km is a completely different kettle of fish.

Saying that, he had to give it a go though.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 15:32:37 »

Sagan should have refused to do any work, but he was more concerned with winning Cancellara's respect than the race. If he can somehow cling on to his wheel at Roubaix, he should stay there all the way to the final bend of the velodrome.

Having said that, he probably thinks his day will come and he doesn't want a thief's reputation.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 09:40:29 »

Looking forward to P-R on Sunday and then the Giro. The last few Giros have been ace but haven't got the press coverage they deserve - but with Wiggo this year I would imagine that would change.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 09:45:35 »

Looking forward to P-R on Sunday and then the Giro. The last few Giros have been ace but haven't got the press coverage they deserve - but with Wiggo this year I would imagine that would change.

Paris-Roubaix is ace.....
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 09:57:08 »

Should be a straight up battle between Boonen and Cancellara, as the Flanders should've been too if it wasn't for Boonen's early dismount.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:04:48 »

Should be a straight up battle between Boonen and Cancellara, as the Flanders should've been too if it wasn't for Boonen's early dismount.

Should be a shoo in for Cancellara then as Boonen isn't riding.... sorry  Cheesy Cheesy
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:20:27 »

Oops, hadn't realised. Not surprised after that crash.

Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:26:29 »

On the subject of crashes I managed to go over the handlebars of my MTB a few weekends back. After suffering a week of discomfort, grazes and bruising I decided to take myself off to A&E. Turns out my arm is fractured.

Smashing.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:31:03 »

I think, for pure racing spectacle, The Giro has it hands down over the TDF. Some of the Giro climbs are monsters and the surfaces they ride on- Strada Bianchi, summit finishes on unmade farm tracks where standing on the pedals shifts the weight tto far forward and the wheels spin out on the gravel.

Awesome Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:33:00 »

Should be a shoo in for Cancellara then as Boonen isn't riding.... sorry  Cheesy Cheesy

Cancellara has to be the man to beat, but I wouldn't rule out Sagan....it would be great to see someone like Geraint Thomas have a decent crack at it, but he doesn't look in good shape.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:39:02 »

I think, for pure racing spectacle, The Giro has it hands down over the TDF. Some of the Giro climbs are monsters and the surfaces they ride on- Strada Bianchi, summit finishes on unmade farm tracks where standing on the pedals shifts the weight tto far forward and the wheels spin out on the gravel.

Awesome Smiley

Think you can overdo the mountain top finishes...what you need in a Grand Tour is a decent mix. The Vuelta a couple of years back when Juan Jose Cobo won it, they were finishing up walls. Cobo a typical Spanish grimpeur has done fuck all since.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 181   Go Up
Print
Jump to: